2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
japan4racing
not builted

ted kennedy died

didnt see that coming...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...edy/index.html
Old 08-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Lonestar7

Cool Re: ted kennedy died

Chapaqutic Ted I think its a sign health care is going to die also. Say helllo to Mary Jane Ted.

LS
Old 08-26-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
MegamarK21

Re: ted kennedy died

bout time...and hell i even live in MA
4.10's, 315 DR's
Pro 5.0, SCT Tune
(all work done by yours truly)
521RWHP/433RWTQ
Old 08-26-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
one mach 1
Pro-gun Conservative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamarK21 View Post
bout time...and hell i even live in MA
+1! except i am in Calif.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:26 AM   #5
Nekasrof
Hillclimb Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
I hope Mary Jo kicks him is the nutts and sends him where he belongs!
FINALLY!!!

Motor + Procharger + driver = Baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
Mustang dyno: 538hp/481tq @ 14lbs/19deg timing
DynoJet comparison: 600hp/539tq

Looking for more hillclimbers!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
Mikestang
Parrot Head

well looking at the pics of the olds looks like he hit something like a bridge imbutment then the water anyways he was a rich frigging drunk jerk.

On July 18th, 1969 Senator Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge, swam to shore, walked past several homes where he could have called for help, and eventually just went back to his hotel to sleep. All the while, his passenger Mary Jo Kopechne was trapped underwater running out of air.

The next morning "Teddy" stood at a pay phone nearby and watched the authorities remove her body from the wreck, and only then did he go to the police.

The scuba diver who removed Ms. Kopechne from the car stated that her body was pressed up into the highest part of the vehicle where an air bubble would have formed, and that had he been called to the scene quickly she probably would have lived.

Mr. Kennedy was apparently more concerned about preserving his political career than saving the life of Ms. Kopechne and he left her there to drown while he considered how best to handle the fallout.
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
serviceman1

good riddens hopefuly now we can get rid of a few hundred more politicians and government can go back to the way it is suposed to be for the people by the people.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
mach460

Well thats the end of watching
the news for the next week
thats all you'll hear about.........
Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #9
KEVINC66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach460 View Post
Well thats the end of watching
the news for the next week
thats all you'll hear about.........
Lol,lol,as long as they don't portray him as a Patron Saint like the media still is doing with MJ.I won't hold my breath..............Kevin.
2000 GT vert,03 Mach1 engine,auto, shaker hood,Mach1 brakes,C&L CAI,K&N,Tokico D Spec,UPR Coilover K frame with Steeda front sway bar,rear upper and lower control arms,4.30's,FRPP aluminum DS,17x9 deep dish chrome Mach1 rims with 275x40x17 Fuzion Z1's,Mac Catbac with 3 1/2 chrome tips,honeycomb rear panel,front Mach1 chin spoiler,Mach1 grill delete kit,polished aluminum gas cap.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
kiler be

Good riddance to that SKUNK!!!!!!!!!
You guys all know the media will portray him as a great American patriot.
75 Maverick 6cyl, auto ( Mean Machine )
Old 08-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

I don't think he'll get a chance to say hello to Mary Jo, They probably aren't in the same place. vs
Old 08-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
MachGirl04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
I don't think he'll get a chance to say hello to Mary Jo, They probably aren't in the same place. vs
That's what I was thinking. Unless the Kennedys bought some property in heaven for them all, which is a real possibility.

I think when he let Mary Jo die that night it's a perfect example of how one can actually sell one's soul for success.

Still, he'll be portrayed as some marvelous American, I am sure of it.
18" Wheel Replica Magnum 500s, BFG KDWs, Borla Catback, K&N FIPKII, & too much bling to list
1994 T-Bird LX, V8, Black
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, Vert, 7-Up Special
2004 Mustang Coupe, V6, Torch Red
( That's all for now. )
Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachGirl04 View Post
Still, he'll be portrayed as some marvelous American, I am sure of it.
True, when in fact they should be held up as an example of how NOT to behave. To be fair the Kennedys have presented us with some good things, working on behalf of charitable institutions such as the Special Olympics and some members of the family served the country during WWII, but for the most part they have given us the gamut of bad behavior in a addition to Chappaquiddick, including bootlegging, infidelity, corruption, alcoholism, drug addiction, rape, even beating a young girl to death with a golf club and yet they always got a pass. I don't find them to be all that admirable frankly.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #14
MachGirl04

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
True, when in fact they should be held up as an example of how NOT to behave. To be fair the Kennedys have presented us with some good things, working on behalf of charitable institutions such as the Special Olympics and some members of the family served the country during WWII, but for the most part they have given us the gamut of bad behavior in a addition to Chappaquiddick, including bootlegging, infidelity, corruption, alcoholism, drug addiction, rape, even beating a young girl to death with a golf club and yet they always got a pass. I don't find them to be all that admirable frankly.
Wow! You remembered alot of things that I forgot, ya know, that stuff that has been buried by the media for years & years.
18" Wheel Replica Magnum 500s, BFG KDWs, Borla Catback, K&N FIPKII, & too much bling to list
1994 T-Bird LX, V8, Black
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, Vert, 7-Up Special
2004 Mustang Coupe, V6, Torch Red
( That's all for now. )
Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
jaimoe
Speed addict

Lets keep politcal leanings out of this. Talk about the man's good/bad deeds or your opinions but please from comments like that.

Thanks,

Roger

2003 DSG Mach 1
99/01 Cobra front bumper
Darrin-Matic w/3500 stall converter
100 Shot
4.10 Gears
Stock Springs
KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts
tubular LCAs
UPR dbl adj UCAs
Custom SCT Tune
255/40/18 front
295/35/18 rear
FR500 Wheels
Custom RAI
UPR O/R X-Pipe
Roy spacer
Flowmaster 40's

I may not be as good as I once was,
but I'm as good once as I ever was."

"Just an old man having fun"
Old 08-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #16
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Well he made it to 77 under a successful health care plan for people willing to pay for their insurance. Under the plan that he was trying to force on then rest of us he probably wouldn't have made it past 60. His several trips to drug and alcohol clinics over the years probably wouldn't have been covered. Plus somewhere around the age of 60 he could have received his assisted suicide briefing we'll all receive in our futures under his plan (yes, check out HR3200 if you don't believe it). Of course as a U.S. Senator he had a better health care plan than you or I can buy and all for free.

He was also the living proof that the United States truly does have the best legal system that money can BUY. In the early 70's for those that don't remember, the Kennedy family settled with the Kopechne family out of court for around $250,000. At the time that's what the lawyers agreed would be her lifetime earnings.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #17
Zor
Noobie at Large

the only useful tidbit I learned today is that brain cancer claims the lives of 50% of its victims within the first year.

His best speech to me was one mostly ignored given in September of 2002.

Love him... hate him,... from the democratic convention last summer he left us with this quote.

Quote:
For me this is a season of hope -- new hope for a justice and fair prosperity for the many, and not just for the few -- new hope.

And this is the cause of my life -- new hope that we will break the old gridlock and guarantee that every American -- north, south, east, west, young, old -- will have decent, quality health care as a fundamental right and not a privilege.

mygamercard
Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #18
ar15topgun

Per Obama, Kennedy the greatest senator of our time. What BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me want to throw up. Where is that barf smilie when you need it?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #19
starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
Plus somewhere around the age of 60 he could have received his assisted suicide briefing we'll all receive in our futures under his plan (yes, check out HR3200 if you don't believe it).
That's been debunked many times, you can read about it here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-St-Lo...own-as-HR-3200
#336506 Azure Blue 5-Speed w/IUP
266.9 RWHP / 288.2 RWTQ SAE corrected @500 miles bone stock
Old 08-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #20
blazinsteed
MUSTANG ADDICT

Quote:
Well he made it to 77 under a successful health care plan for people willing to pay for their insurance. Under the plan that he was trying to force on then rest of us he probably wouldn't have made it past 60. His several trips to drug and alcohol clinics over the years probably wouldn't have been covered. Plus somewhere around the age of 60 he could have received his assisted suicide briefing we'll all receive in our futures under his plan (yes, check out HR3200 if you don't believe it). Of course as a U.S. Senator he had a better health care plan than you or I can buy and all for free.

He was also the living proof that the United States truly does have the best legal system that money can BUY. In the early 70's for those that don't remember, the Kennedy family settled with the Kopechne family out of court for around $250,000. At the time that's what the lawyers agreed would be her lifetime earnings.
If you read the current proposal those "assisted suicide briefings" are not included and you still have the choice to keep your current insurance. That is all I am going to say, but lets keep the healthcare issue for another thread.

Roger
03 zinc yellow mach 1
292 rwh 318.2 rwt (XPIPE/XCAL2)
iup/astra louvers/short ant./k&nfipk/bassani offroad x/sct xcal 2/powdercoated wheels/interior dressup/15% tint..
1 of 869
born 06/13/03 (thanks donna)
that is a friday the 13th should I be
worried
www.perfectionperformance.com (my clubs website)
Old 08-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #21
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
That's been debunked many times, you can read about it here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-5738-St-Lo...own-as-HR-3200

Look at the terminology: It's an "end of life" consultation and not a "treatment options" consultation. When it comes my time, I'll know it. I won't need an "end of life" consultation. I alreadly have a living will which is all you should need.
My 1970 Mach

2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #22
Murder Snake

Quote:

actually not true since under the plan Congress is excluded and would be free to seek their own. that's why they don't want it for themselves...they know it is bad.
formerly, Frankenstang

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom. Think about it.
"....be the lightning in me that strikes relentless."
"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"
Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #23
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstang View Post
actually not true since under the plan Congress is excluded and would be free to seek their own. that's why they don't want it for themselves...they know it is bad.

What are you refering too? Here's what I said: "Of course as a U.S. Senator he had a better health care plan than you or I can buy and all for free."

And a big YES, they should be included in anything they vote on for us.
My 1970 Mach

Old 08-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
starscream

Quote:
Look at the terminology: It's an "end of life" consultation and not a "treatment options" consultation. When it comes my time, I'll know it. I won't need an "end of life" consultation. I alreadly have a living will which is all you should need.
People that are terminally ill are going to die and cannot be saved. Not everyone just dies out of the blue. If they want to talk about it with someone, they have that option. It's not required that they do. That's it and there's nothing wrong with it.

You also probably have your own health insurance already, which means none of this applies to you anyway.
#336506 Azure Blue 5-Speed w/IUP
266.9 RWHP / 288.2 RWTQ SAE corrected @500 miles bone stock

Last edited by starscream; 08-26-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
65fastback2+2
Too many cars to mod

teddy's one truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YaRp...layer_embedded

Previous Rides:
2003 DSG Lightning, 486/586, 12.09@111.25
2007 F150 Lariat 4wd Screw
2004 OW Mach 1, auto, 1 of 179
2003 DSG Mach 1, 574 rwhp / 528 rwtq
2003 DSG Mach 1, 13.1 @ 109.1