2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Machy uno

Who actually has enough garage room?

I was just thinking the other day about getting a bike, problem is I don't have anywhere to kepp it except on the back porch. So I thought I'd ask and see who else is in the same boat I am? Do you have enough room, not nearly enough, or could you use an extra garage spot for that car thats outside or the one you want to buy?

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
MachWonGuy
70 Mach & 04 Mach Owner

Re: Who actually has enough garage room?

I have a 2-car garage and 4 cars LOL I don't think a garage is ever big enough
Purchased Sept 24th 2008
2012 Mustang Boss 302 32V 6-Speed Race Red
Purchased June 8th 2013

Check out my Mach's & Collection at:
http://www.machwon.com
MachWonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
2k4mach
LuLz

i have enough for what i use the garage for.

3 car garage but i actually have 7 cars lol.
2 of which are just rollers i have out on a buds property out of town.
luckily i have 18 acres out here so ill build me a good sized shop out in the back later this year. defiantly gonna have a lift or 2 in it and even been thinking about maybe a dynojet in it heh.
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Machy uno

I had an idea for a business that would involve helping people store cars they don't have enough room for. A storage place built just for cars. All the doors would have garage openers, some would have lifts, and all would be big enough to pull your car in and have plenty of room on each side. I'm thinking it would be MUCH nicer then your average storage place. If you wanted to take the car out sat call fri and let them know, and you could come pick your car up washed, waxed, and ready to go. Other additions that could come with time.... a clubroom with pool table, darts, etc for people to get to know other car people, dyno, etc.... whacha think?

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
nikbait

Two car garage, two cars and a 91 F150. NO room whatsoever lol. The mach stays in her spot on the right side of the garage.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
1bad67mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy uno View Post
I had an idea for a business that would involve helping people store cars they don't have enough room for. A storage place built just for cars. All the doors would have garage openers, some would have lifts, and all would be big enough to pull your car in and have plenty of room on each side. I'm thinking it would be MUCH nicer then your average storage place. If you wanted to take the car out sat call fri and let them know, and you could come pick your car up washed, waxed, and ready to go. Other additions that could come with time.... a clubroom with pool table, darts, etc for people to get to know other car people, dyno, etc.... whacha think?
good idea, just not a good time right now.
1bad67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
MachThunder
AF Blue and Azure Blue

I have 3 cars and have a 1 car garage (that I'm hopefully converting to a 2 car this year), but thankfully we have an unused warehouse with 4 garage bays at my work.

I talked my boss into letting me keep the Mach there in return for spending several weekends getting that entire bay emptied cleaned and organized. It's not temperature controlled, but otherwise is great.
MachThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
cobramach1
Fear begins with 'FE'

I don't think anyone ever has enough garage space, not can you ever have enough. Where we rent right now, we have a 2 car garage and the mustangs sit in it, but if I had more space I'd like to bring some of the cars sitting in storage and work on them. I'd sacrifice leaving one of the current mustangs back on the farm to work on another, but unfortunately the garage doesn't have 220volt so it's pretty worthless for anything I want to use it for since my compressor, welder and table saw are all 220!
'70 Mach 1 White/Vermillion interior, 351C 2v, Auto, A/C, needs restoration
'70 Mach 1 Calypso Coral/Black interior, 351C 4v, Auto, very rusty parts car
'69 Mach 1 Indian Fire Red/Black interior, R code 428CJ, 4spd, needs restoration
cobramach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
sideways03
LS What?

Live in a condo, no garage at all ! Just a covered parking spot that I can't even work on my car in Hell, I have to rent a storage unit across the street to store all my random car parts... can't wait for the day I get a garage.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
کcяεαмιηĐεмση!

i run a five bay shop for a living and my mach sits outside at home lol,
Philippians 4:13

13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Hebrews 9:27

27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

Romans 5:20

....................................But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
کcяεαмιηĐεмση! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Im using a oversize 2 car garage too...The Mach on one side the shop and motorcycle on the other .Everything else is in the driveway or at the lake .
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
Mikestang
Parrot Head

I have a VERY nice neihbor that lets me keep stuff in there garage

otherwise some stuff would be outdoors
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
Mach1tosh

2 car garage, 1 car in it (the Mach) and enough room for 4 cars in the driveway. I wanted to extend the garage when we put a new roof on but the boss wouldn't go for it. So it's her car and my winter Exploder in the driveway. The other side of the garage is workspace, my domain as the boss puts it.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:28 AM   #14
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67mustang View Post
good idea, just not a good time right now.
I agree its a good idea, disagree that its not a good time, anytime you have a dream and a plan and the vision and enthusiasm to make it work, is a good time. As the Rolling Stones song says "time waits for no one",,,, just do it
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 AM   #15
hoopty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy uno View Post
no garage and no concern..... rent a storage space that i can back into for 45 a month (my truck is my daily driver). Concrete all around gated and locked it's not pretty, it's not fancy but it fits (put a car cover on it and it's as clean as when I park it), stays covered, and is safe as safe can be respectively. Can't say I would pay alot more or the wash///wax service as I wouldn't trust the quality of rags etc used in the process..... if you could compete at the price listed (keep in mind it's a normal storage unit, but it all fits) with a little personal /// professional service you might have a niche. If not realize any storage unit made from brick is the equal to a personal garage respectively speaking. Best of luck with the venture and just wanted to give you the average joe view on it.
hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
BeachMach1
Old Retired Navy Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbait View Post
Two car garage, two cars and a 91 F150. NO room whatsoever lol. The mach stays in her spot on the right side of the garage.
Interesting point ... mines on the right side too. So how many are left parkers and how many right parkers. Does it make a performance difference.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #17
toad
the Night Man

two car garage in the house I lease.

The Harley and the Mach live there.

I close on a house May 1 with a three car garage so the Rubicon can join them. The wife's merc has to live outside.
SY Mach1|FRPP 4:10 gears|Kenny Brown welded subframe connectors|BMR upper/lower Control Arms|PHP intake spacer|MAFIA MAF extender|Procharger P1SC-2|KOOKs Longtubes|KOOKs catted X|Borla STINGER cat-back|Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW handle/MRT Yellow ball|26 spl PMP/T3650|Performance Cobra clutch|Fidanza/Anderson aluminum flywheel|MM quadrant/adjuster
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
nikbait

Yeah, that's how its always been for some reason. Even when I had my sixer, I would always park on the right. Mainly because all of the crap that we have in our garage because we don't have a shed is stuffed on the left side lol.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
2k4mach
LuLz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMach1 View Post
Interesting point ... mines on the right side too. So how many are left parkers and how many right parkers. Does it make a performance difference.
mines goes in the middle bay between the viper and vette. and then if its gonna be real cold it gets kicked outside so the wifes navi can be inside.
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote