2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
frisko4one5
2K3MACH

has this happened to you?

well i just got my nice painted torch red JLT RAI that i ordered from Jay in the mail today. I think the shipping company was DHL. I dont usually get home til about 4-5 pm but i was lucky my dad was home because he told me that the whole package was just left on my 3rd step of my house. my house has about 15 steps so the 3rd step is pretty close to the street. nobody at home signed anything they just left it there on the 3rd step and i dont live in the nicest of areas, u just cant leave packages on there cause someone is bound to steal it i alrdy had it happen once when i ordered a UFC muscle T-shirt and when i opened the box all i found was a used dirty hat. someone had stolen the t-shirt. so im just happy my dad came and the box was still there and nobody took it cause i would have been pissed off thats almost 200 bucks there. DHL SUCKS and i think companies should either have someone sign for it at home or leave those little notes saying they came and will try again tomarrow. well thats my story. has anybody else ever had this happen to you?

PERFORMANCE: Pypes M80 muffler exhaust ,Roush Subframe Connectors, Stock h-pipe(for now), Eibach Prokit, Bilstien shocks/struts

APPERANCE: Mach 1 ID PLATE,"Ram Air" Shaker Emblems, Tinted Tail Lights,18x9/10 Matt Black FR500's, UPR auto shift ball w/ OD, Stock look for now
frisko4one5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
wutang61
CAT MASTA!

Re: has this happened to you?

luckily i don't have that problem around my area. but i can see where your coming from.

JLT rox.
Built 8.8,4.10's

441/402
wutang61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
bris09

I just have them leave stuff on the back porch. I'm in a good enough neighborhood that it is not going anywhere.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
walkaway23
DSG 03

at least your dhl driver can decipher your address...everytime i get a big package they send it to the house down the street and i have to go fetch it...so far its been over 500 dollars of merchandise to the wrong house. luckily the people are nice.

rich1's Air Diverter
Tune from BamaChips.com
Aluminum Driveshaft FRPP
Shaker 1" extension
NGK TR55IX Spark Plugs
Flowmasters welded into stock pipes
Royal Purple Running through her veins
Jegs O/R H-Pipe
PHP Intake Spacer
MGW Short Shifter & CobraBobs Gasket
JLT RAI
Stainless Steel Gas cap
Chrome door locks
Mach I cup holder bezel
Mesh Grille
Quad Fog light decals
Mustang Bumper Inserts
MGW Mach 1 Shift Knob
Shorty antenna

walkaway23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

I think they all just dump it off now. I do know if you were not home some time ago they would try like three times and then you would have to go to them and get your package. Cost cutting I think it's called.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
03BumbleBee

It is all the carriers, they just drop it off on the porch and race away. I called a carrier one time and asked why they don't try and get a signature before just dropping it off on the porch? They asked for the address and checked the delivery status, then they told me it was because nobody was home, I replied I was all day but nobody ever rang the door bell. After a long pause I was told "sorry sir" thank you for using our service.
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Next time tell them to send it COD wont happen again.If not that say sig required when they send a package ,then if they leave it, their problem.
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #8
frisko4one5
2K3MACH

[QUOTE=03BumbleBee;899014]It is all the carriers, they just drop it off on the porch and race away. I called a carrier one time and asked why they don't try and get a signature before just dropping it off on the porch? They asked for the address and checked the delivery status, then they told me it was because nobody was home, I replied I was all day but nobody ever rang the door bell. After a long pause I was told "sorry sir" thank you for using our service.

yea man, freaking lazy to climb stairs or what? like the box was even heavy i have a very huge porch on my house well above the street couldnt he have at least put it there where its much safer? if it would have been taken i would have made them pay for it i swear

PERFORMANCE: Pypes M80 muffler exhaust ,Roush Subframe Connectors, Stock h-pipe(for now), Eibach Prokit, Bilstien shocks/struts

APPERANCE: Mach 1 ID PLATE,"Ram Air" Shaker Emblems, Tinted Tail Lights,18x9/10 Matt Black FR500's, UPR auto shift ball w/ OD, Stock look for now
frisko4one5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 AM   #9
DanB
1 man Army

then you have people like me that want it left at my house because i am never hom and cant arange to go get it.. you win some and then again you lose some
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
04VAMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
then you have people like me that want it left at my house because i am never hom and cant arange to go get it.. you win some and then again you lose some
Me too...

I bought a new dining room set and found that one of the knobs on the china cabinet was broken. The delivery guy said they would order a new knob (they wanted to give me a new china cabinet at first) and have someone come out and fix it, but I told him to just send it to me and I'll put it on. FedEx left a door tag yesterday...signature required for a $2 knob.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #11
dlandry427
Charles U. Farley

I guess we are lucky. We have a home based business, so we know our drivers (it's usually the same guys/guys all the time.) We give them the heads up if we are expecting something that we want to sign for or are going to be out of town, etc.

Even when I lived in the city, we got to know our Postman, UPS, FedEx, etc. They are in your neighborhood when you aren't, so it pays to know them, they can give you a heads up of things that you might ought to know.

The company I used to work for had alot of things pilfered in transit, not by drivers, and usuaully around the hollidays when the co's have a lot of temp labor.
dlandry427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #12
FEARED
USN

LOL.. i had a box shipped from my mom the other day, and the people rang the door bell and took off i think it was FEDEX.. But when the USPS delivers, they stay there and wait for an answer.
FEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #13
StangIT
I smell burning rubber!

Considering that we are now entering the Holiday Season...
DHL, FedEX, UPS, etc could get into a LOT of trouble for this.

Crooks are out looking for opportunities of this nature.
OOH, LOOK! A big package!... YANK!
If they have balls enough to break into your car full of packages... they'll sure as hell take one off of your porch.
StangIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #14
Lord Umoja
Established Lurker

Speaking about stealing, its become a major problem on our campus. My roomate left the room for 10 mins to get his keys from his dad's house in town. When he got back someone had come in and stolen his Zune. 2 Nights ago we had a bike from a visitor parked against the window with the shade up. We walked out of the front room into the back for 5 mins and the bike was gone, found it 10 mins later destroyed. Looked like they used a knife and hammer. If I ever find the parties responsable, and if its the same ones, someone is going to need a new skull, **** the concequences. I dont take kind to theft.

'04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 "Jennifer"
Bassanni Catted X-Pipe, Catback, Hood Blackout, 315/35 BFG DR2s, AFS 17x10.5 Replicas, Professional Custom DiabloSport Tune, Stewart Warner UltraShift light, and XM Hardwire.
12.93 @ 107.24

'93 Nissan 240SX Convertible "Rei-Sen"
Restored from Critically Damaged Frame, Lexus Pearl White Paint, Original Factory Tonneau
Lord Umoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Just the other day one of my friends told me about a package he received. Keeping in mind that it gets dark at like 11AM this time of year (at least it seems that way lol) and he got home from work at 6 so it was pitch black outside. Went to the mailbox to get his mail and he ended up kicking the box that was placed at the base of his mailbox into the middle of the street where it was promptly hit by a car! Luckily nothing was broken but what makes this story worse was that his front porch was literally 20 feet from his mailbox!

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #16
nikbait

If I am not home, or hubby isn't home, packages get left on our doorstep, really stupid YES!! UPS and DHL suck in that aspect. My neighborhood is full of kiddos and such that might just sneak in and take whatever it is, tho I have not had that happen yet thankfully...it just is irritating..I agree.