2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Exhaust System

Exhaust System Exhaust Q & A

Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
bbing420

other stuff to get

I am installing my long tubes with a couple buddies of mine on saturday and need to know what other accessories i will need....ie mil eliminators or extentions and how many of each to get...thank guys
bbing420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
G-townMACH
Drinks Gas, Hauls a$$

Re: other stuff to get

yeah you'll need two extension harnesses, two mil elim's, and may i suggest the following things to do the right job the first time... a set of stage 8 locking header bolts, some replacemnt OEM header gaskets, some sili-kroil or liquid wrench, 2 full size jacks and a little one or even a bottle jack works, 6 jack stands, AT LEAST a case of beer, and either a punching bag or someone you really hate near by to go off on.

b/c it will take effort, and you will get frustrated.

"Life is a big, smoky burnout!"
G-townMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
loathe
SHAKEN, Not Stirred!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-townMACH
yeah you'll need two extension harnesses, two mil elim's, and may i suggest the following things to do the right job the first time... a set of stage 8 locking header bolts, some replacemnt OEM header gaskets, some sili-kroil or liquid wrench, 2 full size jacks and a little one or even a bottle jack works, 6 jack stands, AT LEAST a case of beer, and either a punching bag or someone you really hate near by to go off on.

b/c it will take effort, and you will get frustrated.
:LAUGH: :LAUGH:
loathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
bbing420

what is the liquid wrench for? And can i install the headers without the mils for now cause i dont think i will have enough time to get them for this weekend...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #5
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

the mils will just throw a check engine light, youll be fine without them for now...liquid wrench for taking it all apart

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
G-townMACH
Drinks Gas, Hauls a$$

yeah its good to have some sili-kroil to break anything loose you cant get. You may need it, you may not.. just comes in handy. And yeah i guess you could run it w/o the mil elim's but your O2 sensors will read wrong and it will through a fault on your puter and you'll have to get a diagnostic reader to clear it most likely. Plus, im just not a strong believer in all the sensors and computer systems in cars these days.. and how they'll run w/ something outta wack. Thats just me though.

"Life is a big, smoky burnout!"
G-townMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
bbing420

everyone is telling me that our stock bolts wont fit so i guess i gotta get the stage 8 bolts
Old 01-26-2006, 12:34 AM   #8
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-townMACH
Plus, im just not a strong believer in all the sensors and computer systems in cars these days.. and how they'll run w/ something outta wack. Thats just me though.
the rear O2s are just monitors to tell if the cats are functioning properly, them triping the SES light wont change anything else. If the front O2s go bad/have a bad reading, it starts changing fuel tables and so on. Its just nice not to have that light on, plus if its on and something esle goes wrong you wont know it cause the lights just still on from the O2s

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote