2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
vanstang

Lemon Law?

Anybody ever filed for the Lemon Law? If so, fill me with info. Don't hold back just do it. Please, tell me everything.
vanstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
rcode99

Re: Lemon Law?

try http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com and look for your state. SHould help you out a little.

"Never slap a man who has a mouthful of chewing tobacco." Will Rogers said that.
rcode99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #3
steven
it's shaken...not stirred

mach giving you problems?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
vanstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcode99
try http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com and look for your state. SHould help you out a little.
Thank You, very helpful.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
vanstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
mach giving you problems?
Depend on how you look at it.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #6
markthenarc

More info please.......Whats the deal?
markthenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #7
Sapperstang

I have done it and I won. I went through the Dispute Settlement Board. I had bought an 01 GT brand new. Car was in the shop more than in my driveway. Well I was contacting Ford Customer Relations since the dealer could't get this thing fixed to where there were no more issues.
I contacted Ford several times and after nto getting anywhere I contacted the DSB. THe number is in your owners manual. They advised me that to qualify my car had to have spent a certain number of days in for repairs and/or more than three visits to the dealer for the same problem. My car met both.
They then faxed me some paperwork which I filled out and sent back. Some paperwork also went to the dealer who actually lied on their paperwork. Well a few weeks later I heard back from the board. The board looks at your case and along with you they decided what to do. You can meet with the board or do it over the phone. I did it over the phone. They asked me some questions and it only took about 15 minutes.
About a week after the review I heard back from them. I had two choices: get a refund or a new car straight up. I traded my car in on a new one straight up. I suggest you call the DSB (number in owners manual) as I think it is the best way. I didn't need an attorney or anything like that. The whole process didn't cost me a dime. Be sure you advise the dealer you are contacting Ford Customer Relations. Call and gripe at them a few times to get it on the record and then contact the DSB. If your car qualifies you can thank me later.
K&N filter
SLP Loudmouth catback
Sapperstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
New Mach
Team Comp Orange Pres.

I filed a Lemon Law dispute for a 1996 Jetta GLX, it had 80,000+ miles, this was back in 2002, I won $20,000 and purchased a new car. My case was heard in front of a Judge.

My advice:

1) Make sure you quailfy
2) Make a good case
3) Have your documents in line
4) Prepare for some underhanded techniques and lies from person representing the dealer (they hire professionals to speak againts you)

Michael

Performance:
K&N Filter
Magnaflow X-Pipe
Magnaflow Cat-Back
Predator Diablo Tune
Suspension:
Griggs Rear Springs/300 lbs.
Koni Yellow Adjustable
MM CC Plates
MM Front Coilovers
MM Adjustable Rear LCA
MM Full length SFC
MM 4-pt K-Member Brace
MM Steel Braided Brake Lines
Appearance:
35W DDM HID Lights
S281 Rear Deck Spoiler
MRT 3" Rolled Exhaust Tips
Ford 8.8 Axle Cover
Saleen Matt Black 18x9
Nitto Extreme 555 275/35/18

*SOLD 2017*
New Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #9
GetErDone

I think I am going to try to do it also. I am so fed up with Ford Service right now, I would explain but it would take forever. Let me just say it is total ********.
K&N
Magnaflow Cat-Back
Automatic
IUP

03 QuickSilver Z06
Texas Speed Long Tubes and Off Road X-Pipe
Vararam Ram Air
Ported Throttle Body
Tuned

03 DSG Mach 1 SOLD
GetErDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #10
ripnroar46
Black Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetErDone
I think I am going to try to do it also. I am so fed up with Ford Service right now, I would explain but it would take forever. Let me just say it is total ********.
its the dreaded tick isn't it? all the dealers i have gone to which have been 2 and went twice to get both of them to check it out still act like there is nothing there!
mrt catback exhaust
with magnaflow mufflers
mac o/r prochamber
k&n air filter
steeda tri-ax shifter
Spec Stage I Clutch
H&R SS Springs
Tokico HP Shocks/Struts
UPR CC Plates
ripnroar46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #11
ponygt65

I have filed a suit on one. Sapperstangs advice will certainly get resolution faster. I contacted an attorney.

And what is this sticking tick problem I keep hearing about. Maybe I dont' notice it because I am used to the solid lifters in my 65. I drove the mach yesterday and I tried to listen, I thought I heard it once, but it sounded just like my 65, so I didn't think anything of it.

Previous stangs:
2003 Mineral Grey Cobra Vert
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
ponygt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #12
FLEX

Let me guess. I say Tranny?
FLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #13
spikagirl

We have an attorny as we write...for my Mach! Hopefully it won't be much longer.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #14
GetErDone

Ok well first off it was the tranny but it seems that we got that taken care of, this time it is the paint. I was cleaning my car about a month and a half ago and noticed that the paint was coming off of the car so I took it into the dealership to have it fixed. I got it back after three weeks and drove it home. Woke up the next morning and the decals were all bubbly and not just that the paint looked like it had bubbles all in it also. So off to the dealership again, one week later I get it back, I am looking over the car and notice that the complete car has a ton of overspray on it, I guess they did not cover my car at the paint shop or something, I mean it looked awful. So off to the dealership again, a couple of days later I get the car back and it looks like somebody has scratched the crap out of it, well I guess when they were wetsanding the car they went to deep into the clear coat. I take it back to the dealership again and they say there is nothing they can do about it, so now I am stuck with a 30,000 dollars new Mach 1 that needs a new paint job.
K&N
Magnaflow Cat-Back
Automatic
IUP

03 QuickSilver Z06
Vararam Ram Air
Ported Throttle Body
Tuned

03 DSG Mach 1 SOLD
Old 08-13-2005, 05:54 AM   #15
Sapperstang

I'll say this again. You don't need an attorney. Save your money and go the route I did. The whole thing was over in a couple weeks without me spending a cent.
K&N filter
SLP Loudmouth catback
Old 08-14-2005, 12:00 AM   #16
ponygt65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperstang
I'll say this again. You don't need an attorney. Save your money and go the route I did. The whole thing was over in a couple weeks without me spending a cent.

Not everyone would like to go your route. Did you ever think that maybe your resolution was not what someone else is looking for? You have said your peace on lemon law in every thread that it has been discussed. Let it frickin go man.

How can you say, save alot of money anway? The lawyers fees comes out of the settlement. IE: money that was not in the filers hands to begin with. Not to mention you learn ALOT from an informative lawyer. Filing it they way you did, doesn't teach you much for future reference.

Some people on the other hand prefer your tactics. You dont' need to be so dang forcefull about your preference.

Previous stangs:
1965 Factory GT K Code Coupe - mostly original and numbers matching. 14.9 (best) GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!!
2003 MACh 1 AB - MINE!..SLP LM1s, PHP Spacer, and a CAI, that wont' stop whistling.
2004 MACh 1 DSG - PHP spacer, BOrla Stingers, K and N CAI, Tune, X-pipe, 1" 1-piece raised shaker...yadda yadda.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:02 AM   #17
ponygt65

Quote:
Ok well first off it was the tranny but it seems that we got that taken care of, this time it is the paint. I was cleaning my car about a month and a half ago and noticed that the paint was coming off of the car so I took it into the dealership to have it fixed. I got it back after three weeks and drove it home. Woke up the next morning and the decals were all bubbly and not just that the paint looked like it had bubbles all in it also. So off to the dealership again, one week later I get it back, I am looking over the car and notice that the complete car has a ton of overspray on it, I guess they did not cover my car at the paint shop or something, I mean it looked awful. So off to the dealership again, a couple of days later I get the car back and it looks like somebody has scratched the crap out of it, well I guess when they were wetsanding the car they went to deep into the clear coat. I take it back to the dealership again and they say there is nothing they can do about it, so now I am stuck with a 30,000 dollars new Mach 1 that needs a new paint job.
They can do something about it. It is called, subcontract. If their 'in-house" body shop can not take care of it, then they have to sub it out. Either that, or get ready to defend themselves on a lemon suit.

I hope you have copies of all the R.O.'s

Previous stangs:
Old 08-14-2005, 08:45 AM   #18
Sapperstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygt65
Not everyone would like to go your route. Did you ever think that maybe your resolution was not what someone else is looking for? You have said your peace on lemon law in every thread that it has been discussed. Let it frickin go man.

How can you say, save alot of money anway? The lawyers fees comes out of the settlement. IE: money that was not in the filers hands to begin with. Not to mention you learn ALOT from an informative lawyer. Filing it they way you did, doesn't teach you much for future reference.

Some people on the other hand prefer your tactics. You dont' need to be so dang forcefull about your preference.
I am just trying to save the guy money and a lot of hassle. Why spend money on an attorney when you can do it yourself for free? And it teached me plenty for future reference. If it happens again I know exactly what route I need to go to get it resolved. And you're **** right I am going to post in every lemon law thread that comes up. Why? Because I have been there done that and got it resolved. Why shouldn't I try to help someone else in the same situation?
K&N filter
SLP Loudmouth catback
Old 08-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #19
vanstang

Stay tuned fellows, I tried Sapperstang's method. I'm waiting for the Dealership to contact me.

All I did was report the situation to Ford Motor Co., gave them my request and Ford told me that the dealership will contact me. It has been almost a week now. Still waiting for the dealership .
Old 08-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #20
Five Oh B
Two-Time Mach 1 Owner

I work at a Ford dealership. I am no longer a salesman, but did sell for a couple years. I handled three lemon law cases during that time for cars that I sold new that turned out to be problems. All three were easily resolved with replacement cars without attorneys or going to court. Ford was very helpful, as was our service manager, in making these customers happy.

The key to a successful lemon law case is having a car that actually is a lemon. In Washington State (where I live/work), the car must have a significant safety or driveability problem that cannot be resolved after three attempts by the dealer to fix it or that takes more than 30 days to fix. We typically suggest that a customer take it to at least two different dealerships for repair if it cannot be repaired by the first dealership (kinda like getting a 2nd opinion from a doctor). If the car is truly unrepairable, then getting Ford to buy it back is very simple without having to waste the court's time.
Five Oh B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #21
machfelon
Jersey's Phinest

Look in your glove box and take out your manual...When you buy a new car there will be a lemon law book with the laws for each state....Check it out!

2007 GT Premium, 5 Speed

BestStang
machfelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:48 PM   #22
GetErDone

I contacted my attorney today, just waiting for a response.
K&N
Magnaflow Cat-Back
Automatic
IUP

03 QuickSilver Z06
Vararam Ram Air
Ported Throttle Body
Tuned

03 DSG Mach 1 SOLD
Old 08-15-2005, 02:30 PM   #23
Frankie

Quote:
That sucks, I don't blame you one bit. I've successfully met with the Arbitration (?) board and got a complete refund for a Ford conversion van. Issue was stalling while driving. Since it was a safety issue they sided with me. That's the only problem I see with your complaint, It's not safety related. Don't get me wrong, Your complaint is righteous IMHO. Just want you to be prepared for anything.

Frank
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:35 PM   #24
vanstang

Would you guys consider "slipping transmission" a safety issue?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:16 PM   #25
ponygt65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperstang
I am just trying to save the guy money and a lot of hassle. Why spend money on an attorney when you can do it yourself for free? And it teached me plenty for future reference. If it happens again I know exactly what route I need to go to get it resolved. And you're **** right I am going to post in every lemon law thread that comes up. Why? Because I have been there done that and got it resolved. Why shouldn't I try to help someone else in the same situation?

I have no problem with you helping people out. In fact, I agreed with you (see above). My point is, you tend to get pushy on the matter. The attorney is paid out of settlement, not pocket. There is a difference. If someone is not smart enough to get a contigency lawyer, well, I am sorry, but that is their fault. If you lose, the attorney loses. Again, no out of pocket expense. Your situation is the best for most cases. People don't have to wait very long. My case was a tad different. Aside from the fact that I only knew the attorney route, my dealership (and Ford) screwed me over sideways and backwards. The dealership I went to has had several lemon cases against them. They choose to screw over their customer. Ford sited with the dealership and refused to try and help me. So I contacted a lawyer.

I hope it all works out for everyone. One thing is for certain, there is not a lot of recourse for the common person on a lot of things. Buying a car is one of them.

Previous stangs: