2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Surveys & POLLS

Surveys & POLLS Post Registry-wide gerneral surveys and polls here.

View Poll Results: Who Do You Think 'Won' The Debate?
Kerry 27 31.76%
Bush 58 68.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
San Pedro Mach
Resident Subaruista

Prez Debate

Who won (or at least came across better)?

KERRY!
San Pedro Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Bush visibly demonstrated through his expressions either annoyance or contempt with what he probably perceived as attacks on his character. Listening to Kerry's delivery, he "sounded" more presidential. I know there is more to the debates than this, but it pushed me toward voting for him.

A notable touche by Kerry - comments that Osama Bin Laden attacked us, not Saddam Hussein. It convinced me that Bush still believes there is a connection. While I appreciate the depth of his conviction, the facts presented seem to say otherwise.

I am eager to hear Edwards and Cheney's debate.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 10-01-2004 at 01:54 AM.
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Prez debate

I thought it was a draw. I kept waiting for Bush to screw up, but he did'nt. (The worst public speaker I've ever heard). When Bush finds a one liner he likes, he uses it over and over again. "Hard work", and "Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time". A very limited vocabulary. I think Kerry could have elaborated more on some of the questions, been more specific. The 3rd debate is suppose to be similar to this debate, maybe they will open up more.
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:44 AM   #4
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I have to grudgingly give the nod to Kerry. I don't think Bush did the right thing by repeating the 'wrong time' comment over and over. I think Kerry probably came off more composed, but I think the subject matter at hand could only put Bush on the defensive. No else (hopefully) will ever be put in the position he was put in on Sept. 11 2001, and he is the only one who could answer for any descision made since then. Kerry has had three years to watch from the sidelines and pick apart Bushs choices. I still think Bush is (and will continue to be) the better leader.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
TCAM929
'03 Torch Red

TCAM929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
AustinSVT
Lightning Whore

I really don't care much for politics (I pretty much hate most politicians & layers) but I briefly listened to it last night for 25-30minutes and hands down Kerry sounded like he knew what he was talking about, Bush sounded like a skipping record and looked like he needed someone else to come up and talk for him. (struggling at times)

Wife and in-laws keeps giving me a one liner "Kerry won't let you drive your Lightning and take away Racing cause it's a waste of fuel" I still don't see that happeneing. They see that I'm on the fence cause I don't care for W and his actions not to mention the guy is not a good public speaker and if the rumors of gas prices suddenly drop at the endo of the month and all of a sudded Osama's capture is announced, then I'd have even less respect for W. At the same time I don't have anything to say for JK either.

Anyone want me to write them in on my ballot? :p

Last edited by TXSVTLIGHTNING; 10-01-2004 at 09:27 AM.
AustinSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #7
Jim H.
Blown Away

Quote:
Originally posted by falcongtho3
I have to grudgingly give the nod to Kerry. I don't think Bush did the right thing by repeating the 'wrong time' comment over and over. I think Kerry probably came off more composed, but I think the subject matter at hand could only put Bush on the defensive. No else (hopefully) will ever be put in the position he was put in on Sept. 11 2001, and he is the only one who could answer for any descision made since then. Kerry has had three years to watch from the sidelines and pick apart Bushs choices. I still think Bush is (and will continue to be) the better leader.

Hindsight is 20/20. Bush is a horrible speaker and Kerry a good one. But you're going to get a handle on all the nukes in Russia and former Soviet Union in 4 years.....yeah right.
With everything Kerry is going to DO in four years I'll probably have to sell one of my cars or get nothing on my paycheck, for his term, to fianance it all. Too many promises that he can't keep.

Boy his hands sure did look "pretty". He was really showing off that manicure. He should have been out in the trenches with the people of Florida instead of sitting in a beauty salon.
Jim H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
username1

All im going to say is, if Bush wins or is elected (because he didnt win last time) I will start looking at realstate in Canada!!!
username1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #9
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Debate or no debate it comes down to who is the best leader. Bush, in my honest opinion, is the best leader. As a Christian, I believe our commander in chief should get down on his knees every morning and seek guidance from his Creator before starting the day. That is what Bush does and that is why I respect him so much.

You've got to remember, Bush sees more intelligence than we will ever see. We do not and never will know all of the particulars in Iraq and he we have to believe that the President has our best interests at heart. To believe that Saddam was not a threat is wrong. If more people would have listened to (I believe it was) Churchhill about Hitler, Hitler would've been taken down before he had a chance to kill 6 million jewish people. But, no one listened. I truly believe Iraq is a better place without Saddam and he did reiterate that 75% of Al Quida has been captured and is being brought to justice. It is a matter of time before Osama is captured and I truly believe he will be - if Bush remains in office.

I honestly believe that money is power and Kerry's wife has all the money and therefore will have all the power. I honestly don't want "another" wife running this country like has happened before. (I don't want to get into a debate about this on this thread).

No, Bush is not the greatest public speaker, but he was put in one heck of a position on September 11th and I feel like he handled that amazingly just like Rudy Giuliani did. This nation came together like never before and we should still be together, but politics, like in many cases before, will tear us apart again, and I hate to see that happen - but I guess it is inevitable.

Anyway, my vote is for Bush as I truly believe he loves this nation and puts the safety of every American at the top of the list. I do not get the feeling from Kerry that he truly cares about America or Americans. I believe Kerry has HIS and his wife's best interests at heart and this nation will be in a heck of a predicament if he becomes the next president.
lisaz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #10
lisaz28
Here's Tanner...

Quote:
Originally posted by username1
All im going to say is, if Bush wins or is elected (because he didnt win last time) I will start looking at realstate in Canada!!!
That's how I feel about Hillary being elected!
lisaz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:12 AM   #11
TX MACH 1
Baby Haulin'

Quote:
Originally posted by lisaz28
Anyway, my vote is for Bush as I truly believe he loves this nation and puts the safety of every American at the top of the list. I do not get the feeling from Kerry that he truly cares about America or Americans. I believe Kerry has HIS and his wife's best interests at heart and this nation will be in a heck of a predicament if he becomes the next president.
Lisa I agree with you 100%

I only watched about 30 minutes of it as well but I thought Kerry did a better job speaking but he kept writing stuff down and seemed to be distracted when the president talked. Bush is not a great public speaker but he seemed more real to me. He has morals and values, more than what I see in Kerry. He sticks to his issues and doesn't waiver. That is what I would rather see in a president. I have my theories about Mrs. Heinz as well, but like you said, that is for another debate.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #12
Jim H.
Blown Away

Quote:
Originally posted by username1
"Didn't get elected". You need to get out more often.

Maybe you can get a package deal with Cher, Jane Fonda, Ed Asner and Alec Baldwin.
Since they backed down and are still here maybe you could start something. I can find you a realtor.
Jim H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:58 AM   #13
Mach 1 Fanatic
Not so new member

At the end of the day, I don't really care who ithe best speaker is. What I want is someone who has my back, and will continue to whoop azz in this post 9-11 world we live in. And that for me is Bush. Everything I heard last night from Kerry is, as Bush said, September 10th thinking. We live in completely different world now.
Mach 1 Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #14
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

While I believe Bush is a very genuine and spiritually grounded individual, his "stubborness" is what concerns me. The vote I cast will prove to be is a very tough decision for me because part of a President's role is to play on the world stage. We are in a world where our respect and standing has been diminshed. Of course, it's hard to fully gauge how we are viewed, but the Iraq situation seems extremely precarious. I hate what is happening to our troops and the civilians there. I wish Bush would articulate more details on the "way to win". I think we have the situation in North Korea and Iran because they scared we will invade them next. Listening to Bush's repsonse on the likelihood of us doing that again, I think he would authorize it in a heartbeat. In essence, have we then become the very thing we are laboring to defeat?

By the way, I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats over the years, so I am really watching all of the debates closely this year. Both candidates have something to offer. And yes, I am praying for guidance on my choice.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #15
terre4.6

I just love it when people speak of Bush and morals. The man has none. And he does not give a hoot about the common man.
Kerry kicked his a** in the debates plain and simple. At on point Bush stated "I know how the world works" Well I can also say that. Bush is a little kid who is in over his head in the oval office.
This sums up bush....He lied they died. And the poll on here shows Bush winning the debates, Come on people just into the real world.
terre4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #16
revenbl

Quote:
All im going to say is, if Bush wins or is elected (because he didnt win last time).....
Just because the Supreme Court stopped the re-count do you really think it wasn't fully recounted over and over ?? !!
Think of the story if the media could have claimed they backed a recount and if the Supreme Court hadn't stopped it Gore would be president !
So they tried, over and over. Too bad for the media that with all the recounts by independent and usually liberally minded forums the recount showed....., Bush won.
Can't be intellectually argued against.
The process can, Electoral Collage, etc. But Bush won in 2000 fair and square.

Now, if Bush wins again. As is most likely. Will that put Hillary running in '08 ? That, and a win by her would be a reason to move to Canada.
1999 Silver GT Coupe - Sold in 2004
1989 Black LX 5.0 - Sold in 1990

2001 KTM 640 Adventure - 1st owner
1997 Kawasaki ZX600 - 2nd owner
2003 Honda 750 Shadow - Sold in 2009
revenbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
2k4mk1
Lakers beat our butts

To me debates are pretty uselees. It is easy to stand up and say I will get all the nukes in 4 yrs I have a better plan for IRAQ etc etc. I never did hear him explain his so called plan nor explain how he intends to pay for all these plans he has. I want a leader who will make a stand and stick by it not be influenced by other countries wants etc. He may not be a good speaker but BUSH is a stand up guy who is not afraid to stand by his convictions. If Kerry is elected I will be looking for property in CANADA

04 Oxford White
5 Spd with IUP
K&N Aircharger
Borla Stingers
SLP Catted X
Steeda Tri-Ax
SCT flash tune.
Drilled/Slotted rotors all 4 corners.
283rwhp (Mustang Dyno)
306rwhp (sae on Dynojet)
D/O/B 12-05-03
Del. 01-21-04
2k4mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 PM   #18
NOMOCHEVYS

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1 Fanatic
At the end of the day, I don't really care who ithe best speaker is. What I want is someone who has my back, and will continue to whoop azz in this post 9-11 world we live in. And that for me is Bush. Everything I heard last night from Kerry is, as Bush said, September 10th thinking. We live in completely different world now.

Kerry comes off to me to be a very good professional politician.
Bush just seems like a regular guy. Im not sure how Kerry thinks
he can win the war on terror just fighting it within our borders.

I couldnt agree more with Bush chasing these thugs 24/7/365
all over the globe where ever they may be. Just my opinion, but
if we dont win this war nothing else is going to matter. I for
one HAVE NOT forgotten 9/11!!!!

I am very fiscally conservative when it comes to spending our tax dollars but in this case I dont care. I feel the same today as I did on 9/12/01.
NOMOCHEVYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #19
Hcam

One thing in certain, there are a lot more conservative Mach owners that liberal ones. I’m still waiting to hear Kerry’s 4 part plan to get out of Iraq. He said he had one, but never said what it was??? The question is plain and simple for the swing voters to ask themselves. Can I vote for someone who voted against body armor for OUR Troops in battle? The answer is pretty easy. Whenever I see Kerry on TV, I check to see if my wallet is still in my back pocket.
Hcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:49 PM   #20
username1

Everyone is welcome to their oppinion.. thats what makes amreica great (on paper) Id just like to know... out of all you in favor for Bush, do any of you have friends/family in the military? its very easy to want to pump out your chest and want to be the bully and show the world whos boss... thats all well and good. The truth is, Bin laden is the one we should be after. Not saddam. Now Bush has kicked a bees nest over there.. I just dont see how you can be in favor of someone who is sending family members to war that will never be "won"

~~1100 dead and counting all after someone who had nothing to do with 9-11...
Old 10-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #21
username1

right on tony
Old 10-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #22
ZOG
JESTER RULES

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Alonso
[B]Bush visibly demonstrated through his expressions either annoyance or contempt with what he probably perceived as attacks on his character. Listening to Kerry's delivery, he "sounded" more presidential. I know there is more to the debates than this, but it pushed me toward voting for him.

TONY, zog thinks you should vote for Bush

everything kerry says is said to get him elected
he will change if the voter asks him to

please dont make a mistake and vote for a 19 year veteran of the senate with nothing to show for it!!

he opposed every major military budget item we use today!

he voted to cut 6 billion in intelligence spending

while regan was winning the cold war , kerry was voting against every regan policy

his past has proven he was wrong with every one of these votes

he met with the north vietnamese while the war was going on and he was still in the navy--this should be enough to put him in jail!!

Bush is the right man for the job

kerry is the wrong man, at the wrong place, at the wrong time!!!

all political views express above are my own and the mach registry is not endorsing me or my views---but they should

:THUMBSUP:

Last edited by ZOG; 10-01-2004 at 03:12 PM.
ZOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #23
username1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lisaz28
[B]Debate or no debate it comes down to who is the best leader. Bush, in my honest opinion, is the best leader. As a Christian, I believe our commander in chief should get down on his knees every morning and seek guidance from his Creator before starting the day. That is what Bush does and that is why I respect him so much.

Lisa~ I dont want a president who makes choices based on what 'god' wants him to do. I want a president who does what the people who voted him want and his advisors tell him to do. Sepertation of church and state. If you take a step back for a second. those people who flew those plans into the towers did what their God told them to do.. Are they just?

This isnt an attact on you, mearly a discussion, please reply.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:20 PM   #24
revenbl

Quote:
Id just like to know... out of all you in favor for Bush, do any of you have friends/family in the military? its very easy to want to pump out your chest and want to be the bully and show the world whos boss... thats all well and good. The truth is, Bin laden is the one we should be after. Not saddam. Now Bush has kicked a bees nest over there.. I just dont see how you can be in favor of someone who is sending family members to war that will never be "won"
Wait.
The war Kerry originally voted for before he flipped was at that time "supposed" to cost 50 to 60 Thousand lives !!
Bush has done one heck of a good job in keeping the casualties low (my thoughts, prayers and thanks go out to the families of all those who lost loved ones), much lower than ever estimated before this all started.
At the same time he has kept the war off our doorsteps here in America. Someone else may have done as well, but no president could have done a better job.
My thoughts and prayers also go out to Bush, it is not a job I would want, I can't imagine even knowing that it it is the right thing to do, to know that you yourself sent so many of our nations finest to die for our freedom.
1999 Silver GT Coupe - Sold in 2004
1989 Black LX 5.0 - Sold in 1990

2001 KTM 640 Adventure - 1st owner
1997 Kawasaki ZX600 - 2nd owner
2003 Honda 750 Shadow - Sold in 2009
revenbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 03:21 PM   #25
ZOG
JESTER RULES

. "I want a president who does what the people who voted him want and his advisors tell him to do. this sounds like you want him to do what the polls say to do"

huh?

that is not leading-- that is KERRYing

do what the voters will like to stay in power

the people dont know what is best for the country, because they dont have all the information and we cant give everyone the information cause it is secret!!!

that is why we vote in a leader!!!!!!

to look at the intelligence and do what is right for us

that is why character is an issue although when clinton was in power the libs said it didn't matter about one's character.

the other morning kerry was asked if going into iraq was worth it?

he has been aske this before and he has previously said "yes"
and he has said "no"

well the other moring he said "IT DEPENDS ON THE OUTCOME"

WHAT IS THAT??? you have to decide before you know the outcome. unless your monday morning quarterbacking like he is!!

hey Abe Lincoln was the civil war worth fighting to keep our country together???

"well It depends on the outcome."

no is it or isnt it worth fighting for!!!!

Last edited by ZOG; 10-01-2004 at 03:24 PM.
ZOG is offline   Reply With Quote