2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
Rev-it-up04

Picked up my new Mach1...

Well, the day finally came last week. I picked up my new TR 04 Mach 1. When I picked it up I inspected the car to make sure it had little wrong with it, but I was so distracted at the time because I was excited that I missed a thing or two. Something I did notice at the dealership though was that my car had 54miles on it. Now I ordered this direct from the factory in late jan early feb. and it was sent directly from the factory to dealership. The sales person at the dealership told me that sometime the engineers at ford take random cars off the line and test drive them. Now I think I've heard of this before (possibly on this site) but isn't there supposed to be something in my car, a note or something, telling me that my car was selected for the random testing that put 54 miles on it. I was kinda pissed. I ordered it so that no one else would get to test drive it or break the engine in at all... (sigh). This is my first new car, and I was kinda dissapointed that the sales guy was "guessing" why the mileage was on it. He said thats what he would assume and when I asked if there was a way he could check, he said he didn't know and would get back to me, said no one had ever asked him that before. Oh well... Anyone know anything about this?

I also caught the dealership vinyl sticker drying on the back of the car and had them remove that since I didn't buy it there but just had it delivered there. (and I just didnt want it on there)

The only thing I have noticed since I got it home and detailed it for 5 hours. (great bonding experience) is that the pannel that runs over the drivers door does not seem to be completely in place. It is not flush with the other pannels of the car, like the "a" pillar. It is slight raised at one end about 1/8-1/4 of an inch higher than it should be. I checked the lines of the car for any other mis-allignment hoping it was never wrecked and then repaired, but didn't find anything else. Think it was just another monday morning at the Ford factory? I know this is minor compared to alot of screw ups that happen, but it just kinda takes away from the lines of the car.

Last question: On my seats in the back they have little white circle car seat (stickers?) or decals on the lower part of the rear seat backs. They look almost painted on or part of the fabric... I'm not sure, does everyone have these? I haven't gone out there and started scrapping to see. Any help?

Well, sorry this was so wordy and long. My car overall is great I think. I love how it drives and am having a blast. I have a loud clunk when the a/c gets turned on, but I've read some posts on here about it already and I'll deal with it for now. I was just curious if anyone could help me or enlighten me on any of these issues I had. Thanks guys, I'll try and post a picture or two of the car later today or so.
Rev-it-up04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
HotRod
I Love Being Blown!

Congratulations!! We tool delivery of our Mach 2 weeks ago today. We've been lovin' every minute of it!:THUMBSUP:
Old 05-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
Dragpack Mach

Congrats on the Mach. I got mine on4/12/04.Great cars.You have 54miles on it because somebody at the dealership went joyriding in it.They are not suposed to but they do.When I was turning a wrench I would drive everything.Used to work for a multy carline dealer.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:44 PM   #4
blazinsteed
MUSTANG ADDICT

hey you weren't on tv on high school reunion were you lol:LAUGH: :THUMBSUP:
03 zinc yellow mach 1
292 rwh 318.2 rwt (XPIPE/XCAL2)
iup/astra louvers/short ant./k&nfipk/bassani offroad x/sct xcal 2/powdercoated wheels/interior dressup/15% tint..
1 of 869
born 06/13/03 (thanks donna)
that is a friday the 13th should I be
worried
www.perfectionperformance.com (my clubs website)
blazinsteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:07 PM   #5
5Liter

Yes, the "liberties" taken at dealerships truly lowers my view of human nature in general. It takes a real class act to enjoy abusing the possessions of others. Some people think they are entitled to certain rights even though I am sure they would not want the same crap done to their cars. What goes around DEFINETELY comes around, I've had the pleasure of seeing it happen, and that's all I'll say about that :THUMBSUP: As for the mileage, since you ordered it I would expect that you paid top dollar...I probably would have refused to take delivery of the car for the agreed upon price.

Anyways, congrats on your new purchase, those panels do not line up correctly on our Mach either...it's to be expected unfortunately. The little white circles with the stupid brat in the car seat are on all the new Machs, and I don't see how they can be removed without ruining the fabric.

Last edited by 5Liter; 05-10-2004 at 04:10 PM.
5Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:10 PM   #6
Dragpack Mach

Let me say that I wasnt doing burnouts with the cars.Just drove the cars and enjoyed some of them. Besides when prepping a vehicle youre supposed to drive 5 miles and road test a car.Miss Mustang,if you dont want a car driven before you buy it you can ask the dealer,Besides you would be suprised how many problems are fixed before the customer buys the car.Examples loose swaybars,loose lugnuts,No oil in the motor.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #7
00GT

54miles!!!! screw that.....mine came directly off the truck with all its plastic coverings..and 3miles on the car....if they make fixes or anything they slap stickers on the windows
00GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #8
5Liter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragpack Mach
Let me say that I wasnt doing burnouts with the cars.Just drove the cars and enjoyed some of them. Besides when prepping a vehicle youre supposed to drive 5 miles and road test a car.Miss Mustang,if you dont want a car driven before you buy it you can ask the dealer,Besides you would be suprised how many problems are fixed before the customer buys the car.Examples loose swaybars,loose lugnuts,No oil in the motor.
I didn't mean my above comment towards you Just about any dealership employee that purposefully ABUSES a vehicle that belongs, or will belong to someone else.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:21 PM   #9
Dragpack Mach

Miss Mustang, Im sorry for the hostility.Many people who are at dealerships do abuse cars.If I ever abused a car it was to repair it.To make sure the warranty covered all new parts for the customer.Example slipping clutch= new clutch pressure plate and flywheel.Especially performance cars.I beleive the customer gets what they paid for.I used to get into it with reps and managers because they would try to screw the customer.This is one of the reasons I dont work for dealerships anymore.Its crooked from sales to service.:OFFTOPIC:
Old 05-10-2004, 05:40 PM   #10
03ZincMach1

mine only had 2 miles on it
HPP Racing Dyno Tune = 457hp & 458tq (heat soaked)

Gone but not forgotten:
2003 Zinc Yellow Mach 1
03ZincMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:21 PM   #11
5Liter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragpack Mach
Miss Mustang, Im sorry for the hostility.Many people who are at dealerships do abuse cars.If I ever abused a car it was to repair it.
No offense taken! I would have been a little more clear, but I assumed that since mostly everyone on this forum owns a Mach 1 or some kind of Mustang, that no one would partake in that kind of behavior

I worked in several dealerships myself, and I noticed that 9 out of 10 times, the losers that thought it was "cool" to beat on customer vehicles did not own a late model Mustang, or anything even remotely close to a sports car. I guess when you don't own/pay for something nice, it's hard to put yourself in the customer's shoes when it comes to their baby
Old 05-10-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
grimreefer
U.S. Merchant Marine

Congrats on finally getting your Mach Rev-it-up04 :THUMBSUP:

I got kinda excited myself when I picked mine up and it was days before I noticed the shaker rattle. Shouldn't be too hard to get your beefs fixed though. Sorry to hear about the "hi" mileage situation... I'd suspect dealer joyrides if it didn't have the test vehicle sticker... but what ya gonna do

Enjoy the Mach and keep having a blast!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:28 AM   #13
Rev-it-up04

oh well

Well, I called the dealership tonight and the sales manager told me that 54 miles was actually low on a new car. I've seen new cars before and I don't totally agree, but I think I'll just be happy with my new car and move on. Thanks for all the support and "horror stories"... hehe, thanks guys.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:35 AM   #14
Rev-it-up04

oh well

Well, I called the dealership tonight and the sales manager told me that 54 miles was actually low on a new car. I've seen new cars before and I don't totally agree, but I think I'll just be happy with my new car and move on. Thanks for all the support and "horror stories"... hehe, thanks guys.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:53 AM   #15
eldodroptop

Hey Rev....I hang around RR and P-ville and will be looking out for ya. I'll be in my 04 azure. I Will be at cen-tex auto auction on thursday instaling my SLP catback and 5.0 shifter. Stop in and say hi if you have time...
  • 1994 Ford Lightning- stock
  • 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible- Restored
eldodroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:17 AM   #16
Sapperstang

Mine had 4 miles on it but they had to bring it from another dealer and in the process put about 20 more miles on it. I was kinda worried about that but the guy that drove it was about 70 something so hopefully he knows how to respect other peoples things by now.
K&N filter
SLP Loudmouth catback
Sapperstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:20 AM   #17
sn95
MCH ONE

Those round decals on the lower portion of the rear seat I assume you're talking about are the locators for the LATCH (Lower Anchor Tether Child) baby seat attachment. If you feel underneathe or look closely enough you will see a "U" shaped wire. As for the fittment of the panels, you will have a certain amount of time to have it looked at by the dealer and have it fixed or adjusted to specs. I'd take care of it as soon as possible. I too was so excited that I missed the drivers side sail panel gap to the rear quarter panel. To me, its obvious but may not be to others.

Congratulations on the Mach 1, that's my color too. :THUMBSUP:
sn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #18
5Liter

Re: oh well

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev-it-up04
I think what pisses me off so much on your behalf is that they are blatantly LYING to you...Our Mach was at the dealership since last October (we bought it in March) and it had 19 or so miles. Most people you talk to will have less than 10 miles...1 or 2 test drives around the dealer block. I am not saying there is, or will be anything wrong with your car These vehicles can definetely take a beating. I'm just consistently dismayed at how DUMB dealerships think their customers are, even the ones that buy specialty vehicles. Sales manager = future politican? Perhaps
Old 05-11-2004, 09:52 AM   #19
sn95
MCH ONE

I agree with Miss Mustang. It's incredible how ignorant the dealerships think we really are. Any car that was tested at the plant will have a decal on the window giving the exact miles that it was driven for the evaluation. I chose to have mine evaluated after assembly (I have friends at FOMOCO) and the decal stated the exact mileage, 38 miles for me. I was lucky that my sales person understood how meticulous I am about the Mustang and took the extra effort to make sure it was not going to be abused.
sn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:03 AM   #20
rudejohn
Michigan Mach Maniac

Congrats on the new Mach! I hope you enjoy it as much as everyone else on here does... hopefully we won't see you on for a few days because you'll be spending all your time in it (which is probable given that you spent the first 6 hours detailing).

Re: the mileage... Mine had 34 miles on it, but 30 of those were because it was brought from another dealership (dealer trade).

As many of the other people have said, a vehicle that gets inspected at the factory will have a note saying so. 54 miles isn't a lot for a new car... if you're buying a Taurus. Muscle cars, sports cars, and luxury cars aren't supposed to be test driven. Given that fact, your car should not have had more than 10 miles on it. I would have refused delivery at the given price as well... but then again I'm not standing there, looking at it after weeks of longing, so I guess I can't second guess you.

RJ
Azure Blue, IUP

Aesthetic Mods:
Stars-Stripes Pony, CDC Honeycomb Panels, MGW Fuel Door

Performance Mods:
None yet. Planned: Exhaust and K&N Air System. Still trying to pick the right ones for me.
rudejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #21
AustinSVT
Lightning Whore

Re: Picked up my new Mach1...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev-it-up04
the pannel that runs over the drivers door does not seem to be completely in place. It is not flush with the other pannels of the car, like the "a" pillar. It is slight raised at one end about 1/8-1/4 of an inch higher than it should be.
Any luck with this yet? I'm almost sure those snap into place, maybe it's not seated correctly. Good luck, and congrats on the new ride

Quote:
Originally posted by blazinsteed
hey you weren't on tv on high school reunion were you lol:LAUGH: :THUMBSUP:
I knew a few of them off the reuion show, class of '94

2001 Red Lightning ( sold ) 12.29 @ 110.55 mods

Visit the Austin Lightning Owners Club website at www.austinlightning.com
AustinSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:26 PM   #22
Dawg
Marking My Territory!!!

HAAA!!! I have all of you beat...

I bought my '03 in January '04, new off of the lot and it had 200 miles on it.

Oops, I thought we were going for the higher number. I guess you win....

100 of the miles were put on it by the salesman that had to go pick it up in Corsicana, TX and drive it up to Lewisville. The other 100 miles were from "test" drives.

Oh well, the way I look at it, I own it now and all of those other peep's were either converted to buy a Mach or now they regret it.

Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the car! :THUMBSUP:
--------------------------------------
Tuned Dyno: HP & TQ

2005 Mach 1 / Bullitt Shootout Super Street Bracket Winner

2005 DFW-SVTOA Day at the Drags Bracket Winner

Performance Mod's by HPP Racing

R.I.P. 99whitecobra99
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:22 AM   #23
blazinsteed
MUSTANG ADDICT

i thought the one girl was a b!@#$ (the one how cheated on her fiance). But there were some hot girls on that show..hmmmm have a reunion show on my mach lol.

Roger
03 zinc yellow mach 1
292 rwh 318.2 rwt (XPIPE/XCAL2)
iup/astra louvers/short ant./k&nfipk/bassani offroad x/sct xcal 2/powdercoated wheels/interior dressup/15% tint..
1 of 869
born 06/13/03 (thanks donna)
that is a friday the 13th should I be
worried
www.perfectionperformance.com (my clubs website)
blazinsteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:41 AM   #24
Barbie
MACH BABY | 32V

mine had 83 miles by the time I got mine home, they made a special trip to Dallas to get my Mach off the train and surprise me with it at my house
Old 05-14-2004, 01:04 AM   #25
GaPonyFarm
Loose Nut Behind Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawg
HAAA!!! I have all of you beat...

I bought my '03 in January '04, new off of the lot and it had 200 miles on it.

Oops, I thought we were going for the higher number. I guess you win....
Sit down rookie! Mine had 555 when delivered to me, but it was driven up from Cape Coral, FL, at my request.

After they got it to the dealer, they fixed the shaker, passenger seat, and replaced an electrical harness... all were noted by the person who drove the car between dealers.

Just a few Bolt-On Mods... Some more bolty than others.
GaPonyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote