2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:11 PM   #1
Hpstang

got A cel code today p0102

Got a check engine light on the mach today. Let me give you a little back ground. I just put on a borla stinger cat back, upr milk jug delete and a k&n drop in. I havent really drove it much (maybe 1 -2 hours tops and not all at one time) since adding parts. Anyway i drove it today for the first time in 2 weeks. Didnt really drive it hard just going through the gears a little bit(3000-3500 rpms). Anyway on the back maybe drove a hour or so, had the car in 5th gear running 60 and it had a stumble for a brief second but cleared right up. Just got my Dr's so i thought i would try a quick launch on the road to my house. Launched the car and ran threw 4th gear shifting at 6200ish or so each gear and the car ran fine. No check engine light. Put the car back in the garage for a few hours. Got bored and thought i would go try the car out a few more times from a dig. went to start the car to back it out the garage and noticed the cel light was on. Got my scanner and ran a scan and checked code. Got code p0102. checked the book says its a MAF circuit low output. So i checked the connections and everything looked fine. Plugged it back in and made sure it was tight. Also checked to make sure all clamps on the intake where tight including the milk jug delete plug. Cleared the code and let car idle for 5 minutes or so in the drive way. code did not come back. Decide to go drive the car. This time drove the car pretty hard and went threw the gears a few times from a roll and a stop. Drove around for probably 20 minutes or so and no check engine light at this point. Any ideas what might be my issue? sorry for the long post but wanted to give as much detail as possible. Do you think the k&n possible got oil on the maf? any ideas would be great
Hpstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:13 AM   #2
Hpstang

Re: got A cel code today p0102

Old 08-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #3
311-420
Can't be bridled

Probably had something to do with your work on the intake. Something might not have been perfectly tight. You did right by going back over your last work on the car. I'd keep driving it if it's running well and the cel is gone. I doubt very seriously oil from the filter has anything to do with it but if it's bothering you, take the maf out and carefully spray maf sensor cleaner on the filament and reinstall.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
Hpstang

Seems the problem has not went away. The car is not throwing a Cel light but when I did a scan last night in the car the p0102 was pending. It has been okay for a while now but me and the wife went to a car show Saturday and when driving home the car jerked 2 or 3 times like it was wanting to shut off. I have it some gas and it stopped and drove home fine the rest of the time. I did a scan Anyway and the code was pending and was the only code I had. It only does it when I'm in 5 th gear and cruising around 65-70 mph. Any ideas fellas?
2004 Mach 1 torch red, 5 speed, Borla stingers, off road Mac ss pro chamber, k&n drop in,sct x4 with custom dyno tune 308 rwhp 324 rwtq upr delete puck, MM flsfc, wild rides upper and lower torque box reinforcement kit. MGW shifter with standard handle, speed of sound pillar with dual aeroforce gauges,Bullitts black polished lip 17x8 front 17x10.50 nitto 555r's 315/35/17, smoked tail lights,smoked 3rd brake light. Engine dress up parts. It's only just the beginning procharger coming soon
Old 11-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #5
JeromeMach1

I suggest cleaning (carefully as not to damage it) the MAF sensing element.

Jerome
Custom cams by NASVT
Nazty PSR
SAE 420rwhp
SAE 387rwt
1.56 60ft
11.44ET
122.1mph
1700 DA
JeromeMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
Hpstang

I just bought some crc maf cleaner going to try that and see what happens. Just not sure why that would cause low voltage at the maf
2004 Mach 1 torch red, 5 speed, Borla stingers, off road Mac ss pro chamber, k&n drop in,sct x4 with custom dyno tune 308 rwhp 324 rwtq upr delete puck, MM flsfc, wild rides upper and lower torque box reinforcement kit. MGW shifter with standard handle, speed of sound pillar with dual aeroforce gauges,Bullitts black polished lip 17x8 front 17x10.50 nitto 555r's 315/35/17, smoked tail lights,smoked 3rd brake light. Engine dress up parts. It's only just the beginning procharger coming soon