2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
shadowmaker

THIS is why people dont trust dealerships

I realize there are idiots and douche bags everywhere but things like this happen too often at dealerships. They wouldnt like me very much when I showed up at the dealership if that was my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ12CuxmeFo
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
thehubster

Re: THIS is why people dont trust dealerships

Ya this is why people hate mechanics in general! you never really know if they are doing something they shouldn't be doing. Unless you put a camera in the car to see if someone is joy riding.
thehubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Both my Mach and Fiesta have noticeable engine noises and guess what, neither have ever been fixed because the dumbazz techs do nothing but drive the piss out of the car and don't even try and fix it. They just give you back the car and shrug their shoulders. Once I leave the car lot I hear all the noises as plain as day.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
devous1
Chairman of "The Bored"

I've found a lot of the dealerships here like to keep the young mechanics and don't want to pay the experienced guys. If they cant plug it into a scanner and get a code your screwed. I've **** near had fist fights with our local ford service manager. The next nearest dealer is 20 mi away so I'm stuck.

03 TORCH RED MACH
V7 YSI and Some Other Stuff
03 DSG MACH
90 Kenny Brown Super LX
89 LX BBF as seen on Pinks 5/11-SOLD
11 F450 Lariat
A Couple Tuber Buells
devous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I've got a brother-in-law that works in the service dept. at a Ford dealership, and he says they avoid the transmission problems with the new Focus and Fiesta like the plague.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #6
b3warnick

Once any of our cars are out of warranty, it goes to a local mechanic I've been dealing with for 20 yrs or so. I'll let a dealer fix stuff that is covered, but only because I save money and they are supposed to fix it. Our Ford dealer changed oil and did a 40 pt. checkup on my wife's Explorer - a day later going down the road the oil light comes on. Pull over into a parts store parking lot, dipstick barely registers an oil. Buy a couple quarts, top it off. Take it across the street (literally) to a Grease Lube. They put it on the rack and the guy says all the oil had leaked out cause the Ford service tech never tightened the filter. This guy was able to spin it off by hand. Numerous problems with a Jeep/Plymouth/Mazda dealer that used to be in town. Problems with the local Mercury dealer too. These are supposed to be the experts on what they sell - seems that that is the exception not the rule - here in Panama City anyways.
b3warnick is offline   Reply With Quote