2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
04dsgMACHONE

dsg spray paint?

Hey guys I thought of an idea that I'd like to pursue, and went through the first step this morning. I am going to cut out the Mach 1 logo out of sheet metal using the PlasmaCAM at the shop. I went ahead and inserted the logo into Solidworks and cut out the logo onto a rectangular shape. I will sandblast and want to paint it either a very close to DSG color and frame it with a black paper background, or paint it black with a DSG color background.

To give you an idea of what I want when finished here it is in solidworks with the part dsgish and background black.

I'm just curious if any of you guys happen to know if there is a spray paint out there that closely resembles DSG. Thank you so much!
MGW STS, JLT RAI, PHP 3/8" Intake spacer, Bassani catted x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, FRPP (Motive) 4.30s, 31 Spline Cobra Differential, 31 Spline Moser Axles, GMS Girdle, H&R Super Sports, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, MM caster/camber plates
04dsgMACHONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
stangpainter

Re: dsg spray paint?

You can actually get dsg in a spray can,..it started last year as a way for pro shops to do small parts or jams,..most paint stores, dupont,ppg,matrix,etc can take your paint code, mix it,and then put it and the propellant into a 12 oz. can. this will be base-coat of course and you will need to clearcoat it,but that can be purchased in a spray can as well,...oreilly auto parts now sells nason, and can put it into a spray can also..and if you want it an exact match to your car,..they will place their color camera on your car,.and when they plug it into the computer it will give them a formula that matches exactly,...good luck,and great idea
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
04dsgMACHONE

Re: dsg spray paint?

Great, thanks man!
MGW STS, JLT RAI, PHP 3/8" Intake spacer, Bassani catted x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, FRPP (Motive) 4.30s, 31 Spline Cobra Differential, 31 Spline Moser Axles, GMS Girdle, H&R Super Sports, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, MM caster/camber plates
04dsgMACHONE is offline   Reply With Quote