2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 11-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
bwgd0n3mach

christmas came early!

Finally arrived my new comp cams 106100s. Very excited to get these in and get shakin. This should make a great addition to compliment my mods so far. Magnaflow magnapacks catback, bbk catless x, jlt intake and 4:10s. I know not many people go the cam swap route but I wanted to be a little different and change it up.. these should be going in soon and it'll be ready to put down more respectable numbers and keep me happy for awhile to say the least. They will be getting degreed 106/110 just as most of u are familiar with shakn04s setup. Sounds incredible and it works, there's a few more thing left I need to buy along the way but I will keep everyone updated as it comes along and hope for the best.. also I'd like to thank NASVT for all the help along the way!
Attached Thumbnails
20121112_110135.jpg   20121112_110158.jpg  
bwgd0n3mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
bwgd0n3mach

Re: christmas came early!

Also my Mach put down 302/306 with intake/exhaust so its healthy enough for more power. Gotta feed it what it wants lol
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Bmeagher

You have longtubes yet?
SAE 378RWHP ,302 ft/lbs
70-120mph run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqjiOeYWAE
Bmeagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
bwgd0n3mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeagher View Post
You have longtubes yet?
No I don't I put a post up a dew days ago looking for some.. and nothing yet
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
SHAKN' 04

Gonna sound pretty good glad to see more people going with these cams. Post results when its all said and done!
-Full Exhaust (mac lts & xpipe, sss terminator c/b)
-Built Rear w/ 3.55 gears

[B]-Tuned by Lethal Performance of San Antonio
-510hp/478tq
SHAKN' 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Bmeagher

Sorry to hyjack.....but it's on this subject. i picked up a 01' cobra ecu, livernois springs & gt followers so far, hopefully i'll grab some gt-6500-m lash adjusters. Hopefully she'll be able to pull into the 7300-7500 range, with 400rwhp.
SAE 378RWHP ,302 ft/lbs
70-120mph run
Old 11-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
bwgd0n3mach

As far as the cam install goes have any of u guys done this yourself? I'm debating on doing this myself just because I preffer to do things that way or I can just shell out the $ and let someone else do it. I have built the shortblock in the lightning I used to have so I'm not a noob when it comes to mechanics and tq sequences etc etc but I haven't directly dealt with valvetrain all that much.. is there any special hints/tips when installing these? As far as the timing and degreeing ggoes I will be leaving that up to someone else to do.. thanks and yes ill be posting the results and keep up to date how things go
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Sburns04

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwgd0n3mach View Post
Finally arrived my new comp cams 106100s. Very excited to get these in and get shakin. This should make a great addition to compliment my mods so far. Magnaflow magnapacks catback, bbk catless x, jlt intake and 4:10s. I know not many people go the cam swap route but I wanted to be a little different and change it up.. these should be going in soon and it'll be ready to put down more respectable numbers and keep me happy for awhile to say the least. They will be getting degreed 106/110 just as most of u are familiar with shakn04s setup. Sounds incredible and it works, there's a few more thing left I need to buy along the way but I will keep everyone updated as it comes along and hope for the best.. also I'd like to thank NASVT for all the help along the way!
Nice im thinking of picking up a set around tax time... just need to find someone to install for a decent price!
Sburns04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
03DSG

Great Choice, nice to see more guys going NA. I have been running my na combo for a few months now and love it, it's a total sleeper. I have a bit less cam but with my setup this car Pulls like a freight train up top!
Comp 106060s, Tmhutch PSR, ARH 1-3/4"Longtubes & 3" X, Magnaflow cat back, Lightning MAF, 39lb injectors, "R" Pulley's, ATI Balancer, Jlt Intake, Roy's 3/8" Phenolic spacer, Aluminum Drive shaft, Fidanza Flywheel, Cobra clutch, 4:10's, SCT-Murillo tune, FTB drag rotors, Enkei RPF1 wheels, and lots of suspension work.
03DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #10
bwgd0n3mach

I'm in the process of pulling the motor out to take it to the Guy who's installing the cams and springs and degreeing as well. Is the best way to remove the engine out the bottom and lifting the front of the car? I was gonna pull it out the top but the bellhousing bolts are a PITA! What all needs to be removed in order to slide the engine and trans out as one piece?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
boost88

To pull it together just need to disconnect the wiring/fuel of course all the other lines from the firewall. Exhaust obviously and thats pretty much it I also had my radiator out and the a/c was deleted. Oh and I forgot I found removing the power steering pump completely was easiest for me
Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
bwgd0n3mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost88 View Post
To pull it together just need to disconnect the wiring/fuel of course all the other lines from the firewall. Exhaust obviously and thats pretty much it I also had my radiator out and the a/c was deleted. Oh and I forgot I found removing the power steering pump completely was easiest for me
Did u drop it from the bottom or out the top? The bellhousing bolts are difficult to get to. Figured if maybe I can just drop the trans down a little bit it would free up some room to get to them and just leave it in and pull the motor out the top or just pull it all together.. whichever is easiest and fastest
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
Bmeagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DSG View Post
Great Choice, nice to see more guys going NA. I have been running my na combo for a few months now and love it, it's a total sleeper. I have a bit less cam but with my setup this car Pulls like a freight train up top!
Do you have any dyno numbers, or 1/4 mile times?
SAE 378RWHP ,302 ft/lbs
70-120mph run
Old 11-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
03DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeagher View Post
Do you have any dyno numbers, or 1/4 mile times?
I have numbers from a low reading Mustang Dyno but we had to cut it short due to a family emergency. The car made solid numbers and was still pulling when we shut it down @ 6,475rpms. The car also did not have all of the mods it has now and we have done some remote tuning since as well. I plan on hitting up a a local dyno jet for some SAE numbers after I replace my cat back with a straight thru set up. This car is set up up to maximize the power band up to 7,000 rpms which works great with our crappy computer as you know. I have yet to run it at the track since the nearest track is 140+ miles away but I will make it there at some point. I will say this, my friend is buying long tubes for his Boss after some fun in old Mexico:!
The next round of mods will be lighter brakes, tubular K, coil overs as well as removing the rear seat and junk in the trunk. When I get some legit numbers I will post them up. P.S. your car is one of the reasons why I kept my car N.A. and I don't regret one second of it! Thanks

Eric
Comp 106060s, Tmhutch PSR, ARH 1-3/4"Longtubes & 3" X, Magnaflow cat back, Lightning MAF, 39lb injectors, "R" Pulley's, ATI Balancer, Jlt Intake, Roy's 3/8" Phenolic spacer, Aluminum Drive shaft, Fidanza Flywheel, Cobra clutch, 4:10's, SCT-Murillo tune, FTB drag rotors, Enkei RPF1 wheels, and lots of suspension work.
03DSG is offline   Reply With Quote