2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Exhaust System

Exhaust System Exhaust Q & A

Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Huudini

Best legal exhaust system in Virginia

I am moving from Florida to Virginia in September and I am almost 100% that they have inspections and I have no cats with slp LM exhaust setup. I think I would fail... Lol. Want exhaust system should I roll with? I don't want to lose much power especially since I just got my eaton on. Lol. What advice do you guys have? Thanks!
Huudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
reald00d

Re: Best legal exhaust system in Virginia

Here in TN we have inspection stations too. Any speed shop can turn off the sensors so you can pass. As long as they dont use the stick up the tail pipe im positive you can get through with that.
reald00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Huudini

Hmmm
Huudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
04Mach1Blurr
Machinator

You need cats in VA. What mid pipe do you have? Like is it able to swap cats in?
2004 D.S.G. Mach 1 Mustang I.U.P.(01/22/2004)-04 Cobra Longblock- Posi Ported M122 GT500 Blower - BF 2.93 Upper - 4lb Lower -MGW STS-Bassani cattless X pipe- Borla Stinger Catback-Steeda Bump Steer kit-MM CCs- MM Coilovers 350lb spring- LFP Heat-exchanger- 1inch Shaker Spacer-03 Cobra IRS with FTBR's Full Bushings kit-BF Diff Brace-3:55 gears -T56 Tranzilla- cut 04 coupe rear springs-Viper Remote Start/Alarm system-Ipod Auxilary-SLP LL-Tune coming soon
04Mach1Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
Gasisontheright

buy a used stock midpipe from a mach or cobra, swap in to pass inspection, then take it back out.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
LineageMach1
Air Power!!

Can be a pain but what he said above. Just use stock mid pipe during inspections then switch back.

Unless you it's one of those places that do on the spot inspections if a cop thinks your car sounds like it doesnt have cats.
2004 Mustang GT-Red-Sold
2001 Mustang- Forest Green-Sold
Disabled Veteran United States Air Force. Hoorah Air Force!
LineageMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOKnGO View Post
It depends what county you will be living in. If you are going to living in a county that touches the beltway, your car will have to pass emissions for sure. However if you live 50 miles west of DC, there is no emissions test required. I have long tubes to MAC and dumps before the axle, no one cares out here were I live.
Join a car club and get in good with some of the guys. Its not what you know, its who you know.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
CrazyD

weld some crap on the outside of your pipe to make it look like you have cats. 7 cities they dont do any special checks other than peek at it and thats what i was told to do by 4 mechanics. but then again my brother is a mechanic so i get a hook up lol. and what shadowmaker said will go a long way in VA, a LONG way lol.
CrazyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #9
CrazyD

you can use my midpipe to pass your inspection if you want. just dont f it up and return it lol
CrazyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
WraithTR1

If you have the SLP mid-pipe just pick up the cats for it and swap them in every time you do inspection. Slightly easier then doing the whole midpipe and a lot easier to store. As stated above they do emissions testing up towards DC, but around here it's just a visual inspection for cats.
MAC Longtubes, MAC O/R Pro-Chamber, SLP Loudmouth Catback, JLT RAI, 4.30, Centerforce DX Clutch, Fidanza aluminium flywheel, MM quadrant adjuster, aluminium driveshaft, PHP intake spacer, Meziere water pump, Accufab T/B, SCT XCAL2 tune done by Dyno Tuned Performance, 31 spline axle w/ Detroit TruTrac, ASF Black Mach 1 replicas 17x9, 17x 10.5
12.935@105.50
WraithTR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Smith
It's all about the Shaker

My inspection man said he cannot pass the off road type mid-pipe, that cats were manditory. I'm thinking about going with the MRT catted mid-pipe. I'm hearing good things about it!!
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Smith
It's all about the Shaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithTR1 View Post
If you have the SLP mid-pipe just pick up the cats for it and swap them in every time you do inspection. Slightly easier then doing the whole midpipe and a lot easier to store. As stated above they do emissions testing up towards DC, but around here it's just a visual inspection for cats.
Hey WraithTR1, My wife and I are planning to come to Virginia Beach sometime this summer for vacation. Are there any Mustang Car Shows coming up that would be good to attend??
Smith is offline   Reply With Quote