2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
jasionox666x

Weight loss

I lost 45 pounds since December and I feel ****ing amazing and it's not over yet.
jasionox666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
jasionox666x

Re: Weight loss

Here is me at my wedding.

Here is me 20 minutes ago

My wife has lost 60 pounds so far and she started about 6 months ago.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Mach Uno
Mach Newb

Way to go, keep it up!

(Care to share your secret?)
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
medrick
im slow

im gonna go with lots of sex lol

but seriously, congrats, thats tough work!
medrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
jasionox666x

Here is another before shot of me.

I have a bunch of before shots and I have multiple chins in each lol

Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Keep up the good work. You're both young so now's the time to do it. Once you get older it becomes harder to lose the extra weight. My family's been on a healthier way of eating for about 8 months now. Cut out the sugar, any bread or pasta made with enriched flour and any other junk food. No more going out for pizza, all home made now using multigrain dough. I lost about 45 the wife about 40 and my son about 45. Do I feel better? You bet your azz I do. I still have about 15 more to lose to get where I want to be. But I can tell you one thing my feet don't hurt me like they use to.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
jasionox666x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Uno View Post
Way to go, keep it up!

(Care to share your secret?)
Joined weight watchers in December and it just finished 2 weeks ago. I've learned how much my body needs, how much I should eat until I stop. I don't think about fast food anymore (haven't touched it since December) and we live within walking distance of a McDonalds, so I smell that crap all day.

One thing I never did was eat breakfast and now I do, and I make sure it's full of protein/fiber. I eat small snacks throughout the day (like every 3 hours), but healthy things (like fruits, veggies, fiber bars). I don't touch ANY carbs after 4PM (or try to) and I cut off my snacks at 7PM. My dinner always consists of high protein value such as fish or chicken with vegetables.

I also learned that if you drink a hot beverage 30 minutes or so before a meal you eat less. I can say that this truly works, and I drink very fine tea before my main meals (loose leaf from a local place, sort of like teavana but not as expensive and more of a selection).

Major thing I do is I go to the gym at LEAST 3 days a week. I've been doing spin class at least 2 of those 3 days and burn roughly 700 calories each time. Occasionally I get on the treadmill/weights afterward.

I also do P90X style classes on 1 of the 3+ days I go to the gym and I will start a boot camp class next week. They are also doing a gravity class which I will try. I basically try everything to keep it interesting and lately I've been gaining an addiction to the gym haha.

SLEEP. I sleep more now. I used to go to bed at 1AM every night and wake up at 6.

I just beat the crap out of my body and I always felt like utter crap. Now I run with my dogs when I take them out, I walk faster, I take steps instead of elevators (more than I used to)

I basically changed my lifestyle from a lazy *** to active and I'm eating a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medrick View Post
im gonna go with lots of sex lol

but seriously, congrats, thats tough work!
Yeah!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
jasionox666x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH View Post
Keep up the good work. You're both young so now's the time to do it. Once you get older it becomes harder to lose the extra weight. My family's been on a healthier way of eating for about 8 months now. Cut out the sugar, any bread or pasta made with enriched flour and any other junk food. No more going out for pizza, all home made now using multigrain dough. I lost about 45 the wife about 40 and my son about 45. Do I feel better? You bet your azz I do. I still have about 15 more to lose to get where I want to be. But I can tell you one thing my feet don't hurt me like they use to.

It's unbelievable how my wife looks seriously. Your jaw would drop if you saw before and after pics of her.

Your feet used to hurt? My knee would always give out and crack. Doc said either I lose weight or get a knee in the long run.

That wasn't why I started though. There are a lot of extremely obese people here in carts and oxygen tanks and I bet they aren't older than 50 and I don't want to be that person. I took a U-turn since I was heading in that direction.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #9
Mach Uno
Mach Newb

That's fantastic man. Stick with it. It's tough work but the results are well worth it.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
Iceman91

Thumbs up Re: Weight loss

Awesome dude, keep it up!!

Gone but not forgotten:
'99 "Limited" 35th GT
'03 Oxford White Mach 1
'03 Torch Red Mach 1
Iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
WalkrTexasRngr
2003 AB Mach 1

Thats awesome dude! I weighed around 265 and Im down to 250 now. I have also been eating better and doing cardio. My right foot is killing me though now. I think I have Plantar fasciitis. Its really hindering my progress. Id like to get down to around 220 by the end of summer.
WalkrTexasRngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Rice_slayer

Congratz man! My brother has been doing the same, went from 270lbs to 250lbs now. As it's been said, do it while young, from what I hear it's hard to lose when older. I'm a very small guy (5'9, 144lbs), but I was blessed with a great metabolism from my mom's dad lol. Good work and keep it up man!!!
Procharger P1SC, Cobra fuel pumps, Centerforce DF, 39# injectors,Slot style MAF,BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R x, Borla stingers, MM rear LCAs, Tokico Illuminas,J&M rear uppers, MM FLSFC, 4.10 gears, Moser 31 splines, Detriot Truetrac. 410rwhp, 383rwtq on only 6psi.
Rice_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
SchwermoRacing

Yo a local guy! DelCo here!

Way to loose weight man! I need to do the same.
SchwermoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
JimsZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasionox666x View Post
Here is me at my wedding.

Here is me 20 minutes ago

My wife has lost 60 pounds so far and she started about 6 months ago.
I can't believe I wasn't invited

Sent from INDIANA - Home of 236,745,944 highway construction barrels...
JimsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
iudelt89
United We Stang

The more weight you lose, the more weight your car loses and the faster it becomes. Additional motivation? I think so
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

'04 Black 5-Speed Mach 1, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
iudelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #16
Mezmer
FICTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by iudelt89 View Post
The more weight you lose, the more weight your car loses and the faster it becomes. Additional motivation? I think so

Congrats on the weight loss.

I've also started to lose weight. Around ~30 pounds in 4 weeks.
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #17
devous1
Chairman of "The Bored"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkrTexasRngr View Post
Thats awesome dude! I weighed around 265 and Im down to 250 now. I have also been eating better and doing cardio. My right foot is killing me though now. I think I have Plantar fasciitis. Its really hindering my progress. Id like to get down to around 220 by the end of summer.
I have the same thing it's a complete pain in the ***. When I wake up my feet and ankles are basically like bricks. I'm fine as long as I keep moving but as soon as I stop the muscles contract and when I get going again it takes about 10 min for everything to loosen up.

I cut out all pop, energy drinks, fast food etc about 3 weeks ago and immediately dropped about 10 lbs. However that's where I sit weight wise. I'm currently pushing 230 which sucks because I have always been slim, I think my biggest problem is my eating habbits. My job is very physicall, I run a small moving/installation company so I am always doing hard labor but no cardio. My problem I believe is that I may start a typical day from 4-7 in the morning and not get home till late. I normally dont eat till I get home and then I graze till I'm stuffed, then go to sleep.

My two big draw backs, physically I'm usually exhausted and my knees and ankles are in pain from the work we do. And number two I love beer, absolutely can't give it up but I only drink one or two a day.

03 TORCH RED MACH
V7 YSI and Some Other Stuff
03 DSG MACH
90 Kenny Brown Super LX
89 LX BBF as seen on Pinks 5/11-SOLD
11 F450 Lariat
A Couple Tuber Buells
devous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
np_mach1

Great job Jasion. Our health is really all we have. I'm very happy for your success!!

You are 100% correct, its about your life style. not a diet or a surgery or a pill... It's about changing what you do to give you a lasting impact.
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
shadowmaker

I m down 27 lbs since Sept. Its like I hit a wall and have leveled out. Wanting to lose bout 15 more and I ll be good. And youre right, I feel 100% better.

My wife is doing the weight watchers as well and has lost quite a bit.

Me, I did nothing really but change how I eat. Like you, eat more times but smaller portions, diet sodas but more water, cut out the morning biscuits, etc etc. I was walking 3.5 miles a day but winter has made me lazy.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #20
jasionox666x

Thanks for the compliments and replies. It's always nice to hear and share success stories because we all know it's easy to put in and a ***** to take off.

I give everyone and myself big props. Gotta want to do it for it to be successful.

I was 323 pounds in December and now I weigh 278. What a feeling yes.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #21
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments and replies. It's always nice to hear and share success stories because we all know it's easy to put in and a ***** to take off.

I give everyone and myself big props. Gotta want to do it for it to be successful.

I was 323 pounds in December and now I weigh 278. What a feeling yes.
Congrats on the lifestlye change.

You still thinking about the military?
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 03-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #22
jasionox666x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
Congrats on the lifestlye change.

You still thinking about the military?
Yes sir. That's one of the biggest contributors to my motivation. At this rate I should be eligible by the end of the year. The recruiter said I should be down to 260 though to have a chance to be within the body fat percentage. I carry my weight different and my legs are ferociously muscular.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Yes sir. That's one of the biggest contributors to my motivation. At this rate I should be eligible by the end of the year. The recruiter said I should be down to 260 though to have a chance to be within the body fat percentage. I carry my weight different and my legs are ferociously muscular.

Great!! Hang in there, you won't regret it. Just losing the weight, even if you change your mind on the military part, is a good thing.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #24
LOL WUT

Good work man! Keep it up! Losing weight can be such a pain but man is it worth it in the end.

In highschool I was always the bigger guy. At age 16 I was weighing in the upper 240's and at 5 foot 8 I was rather large. I can remember being a sophmore in highschool and just telling myself it was time to get in shape. I busted *** and got myself in great shape. I worked hard nearly every day until I was 21.

At the age of 21 I got a job working 13 hour night shifts and I really let myself go. I put on about 35 pounds in my first year of nights and lost nearly all the muscle mass I had. I stopped working out, started drinking energy drinks and juices loaded with surgars. When I started night shift I weighed in at just a touch over 170 and was solid as could be. A year and a half later I was at 205 and grossly out of shape. Literally the opposite of what I worked so hard to become at one point.

About 8 months ago I transfered over to day shift, I was weighing 210 at the time which wasn't too bad but I was so far off from where I was a year and half ago. I had no defined muscles, no endurance, no drive to better myself. I woke up every day sore and feeling like garbage. It was depressing to say the least. At age 24, I needed to make a change as this was going no where good fast.

This past september I got engaged to my wonderful fiancee and started to get motivated again. I woke up one morning and looked at myself in the mirror. I got so pissed at myself for basically giving up on the things I had worked so hard to accomplish. I told myself "when I go on my honeymoon in May, I am going to be in the best shape of my life. " From that day on I have worked my *** off, I never was one for fast food so that was never an issue. For me it was about eating correct portions, at the correct times, drinking nothing but water, and starting to work out again. Since september I have lost 55 pounds, I run 5 times a week 3-6 miles per run. I don't lift weights anymore but I play a lot of sports and do pushups and situps to help tone my muscles. Currently I weigh 155 and can honestly say I have never in my life felt or looked better. It's so hard to believe that I have lost over 50 pounds but **** does it feel good.

Weight loss can be such a pain, and it seems everyone wants to work out for a week and see huge results then they give up and call it quits. They say it's hard work for a reason, IT'S HARD. There is no overnight gimmic that is going to work, no special pill that will help, and no super one week diet that is healthy or worth it. In order to lose weight it's simple. Burn more calories than you take in each day. That's it!

I hope those of you working on it keep it up and see awesome results, there is really no better feeling in the world than looking at yourself and being happy with the results you see after busting your *** to get there.

Sorry this is so long winded, I just really enjoy talking about health and fitness and hopefully pushing people to keep working at it as I have gone from one end to the other and back in terms of fitness. The pain is most certainly worth the gain. Keep it up fellas!