2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Body, Chassis & Interior

Body, Chassis & Interior Body, Chassis and Interior mods/discussions

Old 10-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
jjm525

How to fix tabs on shifter panel

I've got two broken tabs on the right side of my shifter panel, the piece the lighter port is in. Anyone have a good fix or know the price and part number from Ford? Its perfect otherwise but in 2nd, 4th and rev the whole panel moves back.

Thanks.
jjm525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
jjm525

Re: How to fix tabs on shifter panel

Turns out they aren't broken, I'm missing 2of the steel clips that hold the surround to the console. I thought the end of the plastic had snapped off. Anyone know what those are called and if Ford is the only source?

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
gerry066

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm525 View Post
Turns out they aren't broken, I'm missing 2of the steel clips that hold the surround to the console. I thought the end of the plastic had snapped off. Anyone know what those are called and if Ford is the only source?

Thanks!
when ford installed my hurst shifter they gave the car back with two of those clips missing ...they new they were missing and didnt care ...so i took off the console and they were laying in the area were the clips belong so try too look in the same spot ...they were hard too see but i found them ....and ford did not have a part number for these steel clips ....so if you cant find them i dont no were too find them ...maybe a junk yard ....hope this helps
gerry066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
jjm525

That's how I figured out they were there, I found 1 of the 3 missing pieces in there. I can't find them at the local auto parts store, they have all kinds of clips but I've never seen these things. Good to know it's not broken at least.