2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 06-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
gerry066

nosie from shaker ???

i started my car the other day and it was making a strange noise from the shaker ...kinda like a squeaking noise ...i turned off the car and moved the shaker with my hand and it made the same noise ...was wonder if the shaker needs oil or something ...the car only has 10 thousand miles ..any help would be greatly appreciated
gerry066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Mach Master
Take life 1/4mi at a time

Re: nosie from shaker ???

Ford has a Technical Service Bulletin regarding this issue. There are revised 'shaker mount' bushings available. I had the same issue and the new bushings fixed it 100%. They are very easy to install.
K&N FIPK, Int.Spacer, SCT Livewire, M/T 315ET's, AFS10.5's, Tri-ax, Steeda alum. uppers/lowers.QA1adj. shocks/struts. Flows w/3.5" MRT chrome rolled tips, 31Splines(the hard way), 4:30's W/Carbon Fibre Clutches, Evolution Sub X-brace W/DS Loop, SLP Line Lock+X-pipe,4 Cobalt Guages, Wideband, Meziere pump, Alum D/S, Fitch, Fiore adj.+Quad, Blue LED Conversion, Hood 4coatsofclear.
Mach Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Mach Master
Take life 1/4mi at a time

TSB 03-22-1

http://www.mach1registry.com/databas...ker rattle.pdf
K&N FIPK, Int.Spacer, SCT Livewire, M/T 315ET's, AFS10.5's, Tri-ax, Steeda alum. uppers/lowers.QA1adj. shocks/struts. Flows w/3.5" MRT chrome rolled tips, 31Splines(the hard way), 4:30's W/Carbon Fibre Clutches, Evolution Sub X-brace W/DS Loop, SLP Line Lock+X-pipe,4 Cobalt Guages, Wideband, Meziere pump, Alum D/S, Fitch, Fiore adj.+Quad, Blue LED Conversion, Hood 4coatsofclear.
Mach Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Lonestar

Cool Re: nosie from shaker ???

The bushings are easy to replace there like 20 a peace at Ford.

LS
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
gerry066

thanks for all the help guys
Old 06-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
gerry066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
The bushings are easy to replace there like 20 a peace at Ford.

LS
is that 20 cents or 20 dollars each ??
Old 06-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Unfortunately, around $20 apiece. Most people had them replaced under warranty. Stockers are white, and the replacements are black.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #8
ricky bobby
mach everthing

does ford still carry these parts or does someone here on the reg have any?
accufab throttle body
c and L true flow intake tube
bassani catted x pipe
slp lm1 (after dyno)
steeda full lenth sfc
kb jacking rails matrix brace
steeda front back strut braces
** Update coming soon **
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Lonestar

Ford should still have them. I replaced mine years ago. Check with your dealer I would think they can order you some.

LS
Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
Krashdavus

My wife's Mach did this. Drove me nuts. I just removed the shaker scoop, and put s-bends in the bracket that were grounding out under the scoop. Squeak gone.
Krashdavus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
Lonestar

There are 4 rubber bushing that need to be replaced there was TSB on them I just bought new ones from Ford and replaced them.

LS
Old 07-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #12
StangFever2846
MMM, SHAKER!!!

For an even cheaper solution you can also raise the mounting studs with the ball ends by giving them about 2.5 turns to stop the metal to metal contact. This also raises the shaker so don't go too high or you can crack the hood.

Then then add a little dielectric grease inside the original white bushings to prevent any squeaking. I did this to my shaker about 2 years ago and haven't had a problem since. Saved me from having to spend 80 bucks!
#108 of 9652

Dyno tuned, C&L 85mm CAI, MRT Catted H, Mac SS Catback, JLT Oil Separator, MGW Short Throw/Orange handle, Rich1's Shaker Air Diverter, Fiore Clutch Quad/FWA, AFS Mach 1 MAC Black Replicas 17X9/10.5, Nitto NT555 G2's in 275/315, Steeda (Sport Springs, Bumpsteer Kit and X2's), Tokico Blues, 2003 Cobra Clutch, Explicit Auto's Aluminum Finish Retro Rings, IUP upgrades, Craig's No Drill LP Bracket, MGW Satin Finish Interior Bling, Web Electric Sequentials
StangFever2846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #13
NastyNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangFever2846 View Post
For an even cheaper solution you can also raise the mounting studs with the ball ends by giving them about 2.5 turns to stop the metal to metal contact. This also raises the shaker so don't go too high or you can crack the hood.

Then then add a little dielectric grease inside the original white bushings to prevent any squeaking. I did this to my shaker about 2 years ago and haven't had a problem since. Saved me from having to spend 80 bucks!
+1 mine was squeaking and i use some grease and it sovled the issue for over 3 years now.

on a side note my shaker only had 3 of the 4 posts attached to the shaker. I was gonna get another post but the Shakes shakes nicely so I kept it with only 3 posts.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
MyMustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangFever2846 View Post

Same here ... That works easy or add small washer under stud to raise it a lil
MyMustang is offline   Reply With Quote