2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Apollo240
12's

Everyone should watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNyuf533Go

Current: Ls1 Corvette
Apollo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
03BumbleBee

Re: Everyone should watch this

I had three motorcycles when I was alot younger,I sold the last one when our daughter was born. Had to many close calls. There are two types of riders, those who have been in a crash, and those that will.

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
XB70

I watched the video and wasn't impressed. A bunch of mostly wanna be Hells Angels bitching about drivers not seeing them on the road. LEARN NOT TO RIDE IN MY BLIND SPOT, FOOLS!

I especially like them clogging up two lane mountain roads near Cody, Wyoming at 26 MPH as their pathetic V twins struggle to put out 25 horsepower at 9,000 feet. I pass them 10 at a time in my F250 Powerstroke.

It's really pathetic when they can't outrun a 7,200 lb. truck on the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway.
XB70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

I collected motorcycles. I had six and sold them all when a friend was killed along with his daughter. Her first ride on his just bought new Harley. I have been riding sinse I was 16. I have been near death from accidents on them.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

If you choose to ride a bike then not being seen by other drivers comes with the territory, its not like you dont know about the risk when you jump on a bike, its a lottery.
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 AM   #6
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I know in Iowa they still don't have a helmet law for motorcycles, or maybe they just recently changed it. Accidents happen. Never had a problem with Harley riders. Crotch rocket riders is a different story. Yeah, I'm suppose to see you doing 120mph coming up from behind me.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
gotmach

i stopped riding after a girl on a cell phone looked left then right then pulled out in front of me. she didn't see me from the left because her cell phone blocked her peripheral vision. i laid the bike down on the highway avoiding hitting her broadside. i picked the bike up , straighted the handles up and the next week sold the motorcycle. That was 10 years ago and I'm sure now with texting on phones its a lot worse out there. This old fool gave up Russian roulette on the highway.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #8
Mikestang
Parrot Head

First of all :

My pathetic v-twin puts out about 85 hp and 105 lbs of tq (stock) and runs faster than my mustangs....... now do the math I have 100 ci vtwin now if that were a V-8 it would be a 400ci motor pushing 340hp with 420 lbs of tq not bad huh... The reason they are not going to so fast is that they have SLOWED down to enjoy the scenery....

Second:

I also did not see ANY Hells Angles in that announcement. You are right I do my best to stay out of your blind spot but what about the morons that make left turns in front of you! In nys if you make a left turn in front of any one you are at fault.

Further:

Riding is a safe as you make it that includes rider training and riding sober No weed either!
and having the proper safety equipment ya know a real helmet!!!! Not one of those skull caps. Also speeding is bad how many times do you here of some one getting clipped buy some one pulling out in front of them but to find out they were doing 15 to 20 mph over the posted limit. And some of those Sport Bikes that do 180 mph plus they need to take that to the track

As far as cell phones go that problem will never go away until they make the fine cost more. I know cells are illegal in most states now without hands free. How about this first offence is 500.00 and then goes up in 500.00 increments for the second offence and the third one you loose you licence for 30 days and get a insurance hike. (I bet there are a few of you that use your phones illegally...I bet that would be a deterrent).

Another thing is AMERICANS need to learn how to drive.
The left lane is for passing !
Turn off the toys in the car and pay attention !
Tell the kids to get in shut up and ride !
DONT TAIL GATE !
DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL if some moron pulls out in front of you or cuts you off let it go the moron prolly never did see you just let it ride......

Oh and if you do ride always assume you are invisible....
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/

Last edited by Mikestang; 02-02-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmach View Post
i stopped riding after a girl on a cell phone looked left then right then pulled out in front of me. she didn't see me from the left because her cell phone blocked her peripheral vision. i laid the bike down on the highway avoiding hitting her broadside. i picked the bike up , straighted the handles up and the next week sold the motorcycle. That was 10 years ago and I'm sure now with texting on phones its a lot worse out there. This old fool gave up Russian roulette on the highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestang View Post
First of all :

My pathetic v-twin puts out about 85 hp and 105 lbs of tq (stock) and runs faster than my mustangs....... now do the math I have 100 ci vtwin now if that were a V-8 it would be a 400ci motor pushing 340hp with 420 lbs of tq not bad huh... The reason they are not going to so fast is that they have SLOWED down to enjoy the scenery....

Second:

I also did not see ANY Hells Angles in that announcement. You are right I do my best to stay out of your blind spot but what about the morons that make left turns in front of you! In nys if you make a left turn in front of any one you are at fault.

Further:

Riding is a safe as you make it that includes rider training and riding sober No weed either!
and having the proper safety equipment ya know a real helmet!!!! Not one of those skull caps. Also speeding is bad how many times do you here of some one getting clipped buy some one pulling out in front of them but to find out they were doing 15 to 20 mph over the posted limit. And some of those Sport Bikes that do 180 mph plus they need to take that to the track

As far as cell phones go that problem will never go away until they make the fine cost more. I know cells are illegal in most states now without hands free. How about this first offence is 500.00 and then goes up in 500.00 increments for the second offence and the third one you loose you licence for 30 days and get a insurance hike. (I bet there are a few of you that use your phones illegally...I bet that would be a deterrent).

DONT TAIL GATE !
DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL if some moron pulls out in front of you or cuts you off let it go the moron prolly never did see you just let it ride......

You both hit the nail on the head.

My biggest gripe is the cell phones and all the other goodies they put in cars these days.

To you people who hate motorcycles and think "when Im driving with my family you endanger me". Well when you drive with your family, you kids are screaming in the back of your SUV while watching something on the dvd player, your wife is talking to you about something. All of a sudden when you look forward and see a biker swerving past you....think for a minute. Why did he do that? Maybe as you were paying more attention the to passengers in your car, you may have pulled out in front of that biker causing him to almost loose his life. So before you give him/her a dirty look think about what you may have done.

An accident with a car and a motorcycle driver is usually not going to end up well for the bikers side. Your dumb mistake could cost him a limb, or his life.

And for those of you who say thats the gamble you take when riding a bike. How about if I got a tank and drove next to you while your in your car? Ill make lane changes without looking, I pass you just becasue Im bigger then you, Ill pull out in front of you becasue Im bigger then you, Ill tailgate, etc etc. And if I hit you, f**k you, thats what you get for driving a car around a tank.

Another line Id like to add to that film:

"You didnt see me when you pulled out in front of me, crossed into my lane for no reason.....but you did see me after I took your mirror off"

The week before I left for boot camp, a idiot in a Dodge Durango cut my grilfriend off coming to a stop at a light just so he could be the first one in that lane. She locked up the rear, and the Durango clipped the front of her bike, causing he to go over. When he stopped he opend his door and only asked if she was ok, as she was stuck under the bike then took off.

Because of all the safety features, luxery features, people in cars think their sh*t dont stink, and they can do as they please.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
XB70

Quote:
First of all :

Second:

Further:

1. Learn to read. I wrote "at 9,000 feet." Normally aspirated engines loose 3% horsepower for every 1,000 feet in altitude. Guess what? At 9,000 feet, you're down 27% if your engine is in perfect condition to start.

Flathead Harleys put out 22 HP or 16 HP at 9,000 feet
Knuckleheads put out 45 HP or 32 HP at 9,000 feet.
Panheads put out 55 HP or 40 HP at 9,000 feet.
Shovelheads (produced until 1999) make 70 HP or 51 HP at 9,000 feet.

Most HD riders up here ride two up with a pile of luggage ( some even tow trailers). Less that 50% of them have more than an effective 25 HP at 9,000 feet. And, they still have almost 2,000 more feet to climb over the Beartooth Pass.

2. Learn to read. I wrote, "wanna be Hells Angels."

3. Wyoming doesn't have any cellphone car laws. Harley Riders should stay away!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB70 View Post
1. Learn to read. I wrote "at 9,000 feet." Normally aspirated engines loose 3% horsepower for every 1,000 feet in altitude. Guess what? At 9,000 feet, you're down 27% if your engine is in perfect condition to start.

Flathead Harleys put out 22 HP or 16 HP at 9,000 feet
Knuckleheads put out 45 HP or 32 HP at 9,000 feet.
Panheads put out 55 HP or 40 HP at 9,000 feet.
Shovelheads (produced until 1999) make 70 HP or 51 HP at 9,000 feet.

Most HD riders up here ride two up with a pile of luggage ( some even tow trailers). Less that 50% of them have more than an effective 25 HP at 9,000 feet. And, they still have almost 2,000 more feet to climb over the Beartooth Pass.

2. Learn to read. I wrote, "wanna be Hells Angels."

3. Wyoming doesn't have any cellphone car laws. Harley Riders should stay away!

WOW just WOW justify it any way you want.........
book
Most bikers are not "wanna be Hells Angels" whats that? Any one that has a black leather jacket and rides a V-Twin motorcycle??

I bet your also the type that things every cruiser our there is a "Hog" or a "Harley"......

Of coarse there are no cell phone laws in wyoming isn't there only like 50 running cars on the road at any giving time?
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo240 View Post
You both hit the nail on the head.

My biggest gripe is the cell phones and all the other goodies they put in cars these days.

To you people who hate motorcycles and think "when Im driving with my family you endanger me". Well when you drive with your family, you kids are screaming in the back of your SUV while watching something on the dvd player, your wife is talking to you about something. All of a sudden when you look forward and see a biker swerving past you....think for a minute. Why did he do that? Maybe as you were paying more attention the to passengers in your car, you may have pulled out in front of that biker causing him to almost loose his life. So before you give him/her a dirty look think about what you may have done.

An accident with a car and a motorcycle driver is usually not going to end up well for the bikers side. Your dumb mistake could cost him a limb, or his life.

And for those of you who say thats the gamble you take when riding a bike. How about if I got a tank and drove next to you while your in your car? Ill make lane changes without looking, I pass you just becasue Im bigger then you, Ill pull out in front of you becasue Im bigger then you, Ill tailgate, etc etc. And if I hit you, f**k you, thats what you get for driving a car around a tank.

Another line Id like to add to that film:

"You didnt see me when you pulled out in front of me, crossed into my lane for no reason.....but you did see me after I took your mirror off"

The week before I left for boot camp, a idiot in a Dodge Durango cut my grilfriend off coming to a stop at a light just so he could be the first one in that lane. She locked up the rear, and the Durango clipped the front of her bike, causing he to go over. When he stopped he opend his door and only asked if she was ok, as she was stuck under the bike then took off.

Because of all the safety features, luxery features, people in cars think their sh*t dont stink, and they can do as they please.
BINGO !
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
XB70

Quote:
I bet your also the type that things every cruiser our there is a "Hog" or a "Harley"......
No, I just "thing" every rider on a Hog is an idiot wanna be.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Quote:
No, I just "thing" every rider on a Hog is an idiot wanna be.
I know the type like folks that are so anal retentive about a typo
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #15
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I know we're mainly discussing the motorcycle safety issue, but the cell phone deal is one that really gets under my skin. But what can we expect from those who aren't 'wise' enough to not TEXT while driving, much less yakking away like there is nothign more important that the prattling gossip that gets passed along on those calls that just can't wait until we get home.

And we can't even pass a 'no texting' law?

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

I have the solution to correcting people's driving behavior.

You see cars today are TOO safe, people feel indestructible in them and therefore with no real threat to life or limb they drive carelessly or worse yet concentrate on tasks other than driving.

My solution? Well it's simple really.

Replace everyone's airbag in the center of all steering wheels with a 6" steel spike.

If that doesn't get your attention and make you drive more carefully, then eventually you will be eliminated from the pool of active drivers anyway and the problems for all your fellow motorists, on both two and four wheels, will be solved.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
_bones

i had a lady that didnt see me 23yr ago when i was 17. she ended up cuttin me off but i was lucky we were only doing 35 and i rode up into a shoulder just missin a big old mailbox. i was unhurt but a little shaken up i sold the bike and started racin motox for 13yrs. i felt safer on the track then the road lol
_bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #18
XB70

Here's my motorcycle solution: GO Industries Rancher grill guard.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #19
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Quote:

You are A Moron.
I am just going to sit back and let the flames burn you.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
XB70

Aw, you're no fun. Just like the OP who posted a video of whiners pleading, "Please don't hit me!"

P.S.: The guys without Rancher grill guards are the morons.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #21
03BumbleBee

Quote:

Nothing suprizes me anymore from your comments! You remind me of the kid in school who got his ears flicked, and now hates the world.

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #22
Apollo240
12's

Hey XB70 you fu*king idiot. Its really easy to get me boiling when it comes to safety on a motorcycle. It was an ********* like you that almost cost my girlfriend her life. If I ever saw you on the road I know your the kind of person that would do something ignorant. I can guarentee you would loose a mirror at the least.

To anyone that says that Im getting violent and that solves nothing? If a someone breaks into your house and threatens you and your families life, what would you do? Well its the same exact thing on the road, ignorance of some jackass in a truck threatening my life, so I take action.

I didnt always act like that, however, after many times of almost loosing my life because of the stupidity of others and deciding I WILL NOT give up something I love(riding) I get back at those who threaten me. A POS like XB70 sent my really good friend to shock trauma, a POS like him caused my girlfriend to slide, have made useless lane changes just to be ignorant, and jumped out in front of me just because they think since they are bigger they can do it.

I dont take lightly to my life being threatened.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #23
Fenixfire
Its stock....No really!

Quote:
First of all :

Second:

Further:

DONT TAIL GATE !

Your 85 hp harley is faster than your mach? I doubt that.....Ive ripped several harleys a new one. And this was before I was rollin around in supercharged duds.....Most cruiser bikes I dont find to be all that fast.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #24
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
I have the solution to correcting people's driving behavior.

You see cars today are TOO safe, people feel indestructible in them and therefore with no real threat to life or limb they drive carelessly or worse yet concentrate on tasks other than driving.

My solution? Well it's simple really.

Replace everyone's airbag in the center of all steering wheels with a 6" steel spike.

If that doesn't get your attention and make you drive more carefully, then eventually you will be eliminated from the pool of active drivers anyway and the problems for all your fellow motorists, on both two and four wheels, will be solved.
I love that idea! XB70 should be the first test dummy!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #25
Apollo240
12's

Oh yeah, just thought Id throw it out there. Heres my ride:

2004 Yamaha R1, and I have no problem with cruisers. Most of the guys at the Firehouse ride cruisers. We get along great. Times like Rolling Thunder, it dont matter what your ride, its more cruisers, but its all about showing suppport for the military.