2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 04-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
acreature
You are freaking out....

Window no-go down FYI

I have found through trial and error that the ghost window malfunction is relative to the cars placement with the sun. If the driver's door faces the sun, the window will not go down. When it doesn't go down, and is allowed to sit away from the sun for a bit, the window works again. If the car is parked with the driver's door away from the sun, it works every time.
Weird.

I am thinking some insulation between the driver's side window motor and the door may be in order, and will let you know if it cures the random no-go of that window motor.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
KEVINC66

Re: Window no-go down FYI

Just my two cents,anything hot will effect electrical components.It happens in my car all the time.I live in El Paso,TX for the last 2 1/2 years.Every summer my car acts screwy during the winter time it acts normal.It took me a yera to figure it out...........Kevin
KEVINC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #3
Lonestar7

Cool Re: Window no-go down FYI

Look at the fuse box under your seat and there's a metal silver circuit breaker pull it then put it back in and your windows should work. When its loose it will cause this problem.

LS
Lonestar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
tim03mach

ive had this same problem, what i do now is not completely let the window slam to the top. i just leave it a fraction of an inch from the top. its easiest to do when the door is open. i have not had it stick one time since i started doing it this way.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
mach1 03

i have only had this happen to me once but it was right after getting it out of the garage.
mach1 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #6
yosvany

I Might Just Try What That Other Guy Said About Leaving It Just A Tad Down, I Hope It Works Because Here In Fl This Happens To Me On A Regular Basis.
yosvany is offline   Reply With Quote