2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 07-11-2004, 05:12 PM   #151
BK Mach

parts manager at a lincoln mercury dealership...man it pays to work at a dealership when your buying factory parts for your mach
BK Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:43 PM   #152
gotmymach1

I'm an accountant. Yes, believe it or not but not all accountants drive Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords or Nissan Maximas (although that seems to be the general trend). Some of the people at work are like " Wow, I didn't think you'd drive a hot car." Well, Hello, I like fun cars and the Mach1 is balls to the wall fun to drive. I didn't bust my butt in college just to drive a family sedan!
gotmymach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:58 AM   #153
JeromeMach1

I work for a private company called Polyfet RF Devices. We manufacture Metal Oxide Feild Effect Transistors (MOSFET). For the past 9 years I was an associate engineer in the applications department. This past month I was promoted to Marketing/Sales manager.

Jerome
Custom cams by NASVT
Nazty PSR
SAE 420rwhp
SAE 387rwt
1.56 60ft
11.44ET
122.1mph
1700 DA
JeromeMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:36 PM   #154
5Liter

Quote:
Originally posted by gotmymach1
I'm an accountant. Yes, believe it or not but not all accountants drive Toyota Camrys, Honda Accords or Nissan Maximas (although that seems to be the general trend). Some of the people at work are like " Wow, I didn't think you'd drive a hot car." Well, Hello, I like fun cars and the Mach1 is balls to the wall fun to drive. I didn't bust my butt in college just to drive a family sedan!
There are a couple of accountants/finance guys on the board. One by one ya'll will give bean counters a cooler rep :THUMBSUP:
5Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:28 PM   #155
TX MACH 1
Baby Haulin'

Accountant here as well, for a large Computer Mfg Company in Round Rock, TX Pays the bills and it's really not that bad of a job.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:06 PM   #156
smontgo
Real American Iron!!

I'm a Regional Fleet Manager for a large rental car company and truely enjoy my job!:LAUGH:
smontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #157
54Mach1

This is one of the most interesting posts I've seen.

I'm a VP-Operations for GE Commercial Distribution Finance - 17 years. GE has 300K+ employees and businesses all over the world. While I'm not a recruiter, let me pass on the GE career web site -- http://www.gecareers.com/GECAREERS/jsp/index.jsp

What's clear from this thread is that "Mustang" is a universal language. My first Mustang was a 69 Mach 1 - NEW, when I was a sophomore in college. Needless to say I didnt know it would be a collector car. For you non-math majors that means I'm 54 - and there have been few times in the last 35 years that I haven't owned a Mustang.

Biggest life mistake: In 1978 I offered to trade my Boss 302 for a Boss 429 with 12,000 miles on it. I offered my car + $3,000, the owner wanted $4,000, and I passed. Within the year I sold my Boss 302 (built engine, perfect condition) for $4,000.

Last Mustang before the Mach: A highly modified 98 GT convertible with a supercharged Sean Hyland engine. Most unique feature was/is a black hood applique and front spoiler that made it like like a modern 69 Mach 1. Sold it in 4/03 to a fellow who flew from Chicago to Arizona to drive it home. A local tuner there tuned it for more HP and the engine blew. He's had it at Paul's High Performance getting a new engine built for something like 8 months and just notified me a week ago that it put 570 HP to the rear wheels. I expect to see him in a magazine at some point.

I learned my lesson with the GT - once you start sinking $ into mods you never stop. When I told my wife I HAD to have a Mach 1, I had to convince her that the car is so cool and fast from the factory that I didn't have to modify it. Of course now that I've been to the track and found that the Mach is 2 seconds slower than I'm used to, I'm waiting for the proper moment to tell her that 4.30 gears and drag radials aren't really "mods" if I don't modify the engine.
54Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #158
muddman
Mark 9:43

Re: What kind of job do u have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Mach1
This is one of the most interesting posts I've seen.

I'm a VP-Operations for GE Commercial Distribution Finance - 17 years. GE has 300K+ employees and businesses all over the world. While I'm not a recruiter, let me pass on the GE career web site -- http://www.gecareers.com/GECAREERS/jsp/index.jsp

What's clear from this thread is that "Mustang" is a universal language. My first Mustang was a 69 Mach 1 - NEW, when I was a sophomore in college. Needless to say I didnt know it would be a collector car. For you non-math majors that means I'm 54 - and there have been few times in the last 35 years that I haven't owned a Mustang.

Biggest life mistake: In 1978 I offered to trade my Boss 302 for a Boss 429 with 12,000 miles on it. I offered my car + $3,000, the owner wanted $4,000, and I passed. Within the year I sold my Boss 302 (built engine, perfect condition) for $4,000.

Last Mustang before the Mach: A highly modified 98 GT convertible with a supercharged Sean Hyland engine. Most unique feature was/is a black hood applique and front spoiler that made it like like a modern 69 Mach 1. Sold it in 4/03 to a fellow who flew from Chicago to Arizona to drive it home. A local tuner there tuned it for more HP and the engine blew. He's had it at Paul's High Performance getting a new engine built for something like 8 months and just notified me a week ago that it put 570 HP to the rear wheels. I expect to see him in a magazine at some point.

I learned my lesson with the GT - once you start sinking $ into mods you never stop. When I told my wife I HAD to have a Mach 1, I had to convince her that the car is so cool and fast from the factory that I didn't have to modify it. Of course now that I've been to the track and found that the Mach is 2 seconds slower than I'm used to, I'm waiting for the proper moment to tell her that 4.30 gears and drag radials aren't really "mods" if I don't modify the engine.
:LAUGH:
muddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:58 PM   #159
73mach

work for continental tire north america at the charlotte nc plant i process tires it really helps when you have to replace tires i can get the continental extream contact tires for 85 bucks apiece instead of the 186 each at the stores )

mods
mach 1 brushed door seals plates
cdc sequential tail lights
cdc honeycomb tail pannel
mate black bumper inserts
mach 1 id tag set
mgw gripper mach 1 shift nob
mgw emergency break handel
K&N drop in filter
slp loudmouth cat back
blue stripes in seats
8" black antenna
3\4" shaker extension
mach32 v shaker emblems
eibach pro springs
falken torque 5 rims
73mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #160
Deeve

Crimefighter, MotorCop for three years, now I am back on the road. Wish we had Mach's instead of the other Ford!

Dave
Borla Stinger cat-back
35% Tint
Deeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:17 AM   #161
Shaker1
Living The Dream

It's ALIVE!!!!
Shaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #162
GO2REDSGIRL

<-- Cashier at a chevron... (hopefully not long) Praying that I get this management job that brings in decent bucks.... But planning to go to college and get a real career doing something I enjoy.

Jess
GO2REDSGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:21 AM   #163
Redline
East SF bay mach1

Ya im a lot ***** (lot attendent) at lithia dodge, was at ford but they got bought out and every one got laid off. Ya its a crappy job but im a student and its full time, pretty easy and works ok with school. Actually thinking about following in my dads footsteps and go into law enforcement.
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:41 AM   #164
firebird1999us

When I first posted to this thread way back when I was a part-time camera operator for The Weather Channel -- well since I haven't posted in a while I thought I would update you guys.

Nowadays I'm a full-time audio operator for CNN Headline News. Basically that means that everything audible you hear on your TV set at home passes through my audio board first. It's a great job -- and I'm very fortunate to have gotten it just a few months after graduating from The University of Georgia.

To make matters better I'm what's known as a "floater" -- meaning that I get called in and am expected to be into work within two hours of a page when people are sick or have an emergency and can't make it in. I also cover shifts when people go out of town on vacation too. So I get paid the same as everybody else in my position and fill out 40 hours every week on my time-sheet but, for the most part, work a lot less than everbody else. More like 20-30 hours...but keep in mind that when it gets busy I get to work some killer 70 hour weeks too! Which I don't mind because that awesome time-and-a-half kicks in after 40 hours.

When I first got hired I actually went a few weeks after my initial training without getting called in. I called my boss and asked him if I should come in -- to which he replied: "as long as you know how to do your job just sit tight until I need you."

Nothing like wearing a pager and getting paid to detail the mach, eat Mexican, workout, watch a movie, walk the dog, or play my guitar

lately I've been training a lot upstairs at CNN on Judy Woodruff's Inside Politics and the 5:00-6:00pm Wolf Blitzer Reports -- and yes that is his birth name! :LAUGH:

I guess busting ***, getting good grades in college instead of partying like everybody else I went to school with, working the 4:30am shift at the Weather Channel every weekend, having a crappy internship with WAGA Fox 5 doing commercials for ambulance chaser lawyers, and holding down a 30 hour a week job at 84 Lumber my last year of school really paid off! :LAUGH:

Chris
2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr hatch -- The Beater
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:28 AM   #165
mach1fan35

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird1999us
When I first posted to this thread way back when I was a part-time camera operator for The Weather Channel -- well since I haven't posted in a while I thought I would update you guys.

Nowadays I'm a full-time audio operator for CNN Headline News. Basically that means that everything audible you hear on your TV set at home passes through my audio board first. It's a great job -- and I'm very fortunate to have gotten it just a few months after graduating from The University of Georgia.

To make matters better I'm what's known as a "floater" -- meaning that I get called in and am expected to be into work within two hours of a page when people are sick or have an emergency and can't make it in. I also cover shifts when people go out of town on vacation too. So I get paid the same as everybody else in my position and fill out 40 hours every week on my time-sheet but, for the most part, work a lot less than everbody else. More like 20-30 hours...but keep in mind that when it gets busy I get to work some killer 70 hour weeks too! Which I don't mind because that awesome time-and-a-half kicks in after 40 hours.

When I first got hired I actually went a few weeks after my initial training without getting called in. I called my boss and asked him if I should come in -- to which he replied: "as long as you know how to do your job just sit tight until I need you."

Nothing like wearing a pager and getting paid to detail the mach, eat Mexican, workout, watch a movie, walk the dog, or play my guitar

lately I've been training a lot upstairs at CNN on Judy Woodruff's Inside Politics and the 5:00-6:00pm Wolf Blitzer Reports -- and yes that is his birth name! :LAUGH:

I guess busting ***, getting good grades in college instead of partying like everybody else I went to school with, working the 4:30am shift at the Weather Channel every weekend, having a crappy internship with WAGA Fox 5 doing commercials for ambulance chaser lawyers, and holding down a 30 hour a week job at 84 Lumber my last year of school really paid off! :LAUGH:

Chris
That is so cool....You should be very proud. Congrats and Thumbs Up.
mach1fan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #166
wldhrse

Safety Manager/Consultant

'03 Mach, Azure Blue
'86 Ranger 4x4 (AKA snow tires) R.I.P.

Past Fords:
'85 GT
'68 Shelby GT-500KR
http://www.beautownsendfordwreckedmymach1.com
wldhrse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #167
ourstable
mustang addict

I'm a stay at home Mom with 4 kids. Although we don't have cash right now to mod the Mach due to me not working, I think it's the best thing we can do for our kids.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #168
MvCrash
Where is Hooterville?

Would you believe college Professor?
Adopted 12/18/2004
SOLD 7/17/06

2007 Corvette Convertible
Born 7/17/06
Delivery@NCM 8/24/06
" There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe." Albert Einstein
" Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"Albert Eintein.
" It is better to have loved and lost, than never have seen lost in space" Kelly Bundy

Last edited by MvCrash; 04-09-2005 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Speeling, what else.
MvCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #169
Petroman

I am a production engineer for Occidental Petroleum working West TX properties.
Petroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:57 PM   #170
Xphile
We Are Not Alone!

I am an electronics technician (contractor) doing research and development on Torpedo Propulsion systems for the Navy. Been at it for 25 years and hope it continues 25 more. A lot of fun and some great people. Plus, I get to run the Mach 60 miles a day of mostly highway driving. You can't pry the smile off my face!!
Born 4-22-03

Mods:
4.10 gears
K&N Air Charger CAI
Superchip
Bassani X-pipe w/ High Flow Cats
Bassani Cat-Backs (W/ Baffles)
MGW shifter w/ Mach1 shift knob

Last Dynojet Run 4/26/06
294 RWHP 303 RWTQ

Regardless of what anyone else says,

Blue is definitely the fastest!
Xphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #171
LDYBLU

Budget Technician, US Army
2013 Jaguar XKR Portfolio
LDYBLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #172
LoC

Web Designer, Graphic artist. I work for a DR Marketing Agency. Theres a good chance you've seen my work on TV. We started out doing 'As seen on TV' junk, and moved away, a lot of the infomericals you see in the wee hours of the morning are our products, as well as some of the regular commercials.

Been doing web design for a few years, mostly on the side, I've owned a small paintball company, used to manage a paintball field, done most lines of work, Production/construction, Retail, Human Resources, Banking, Etc. I also do some mortgage stuff on the side.

Im also 23yrs old, as of March.

Not to bad, got a taste of a lot of diffrent things. Not sure if I like the office thing, but its easy work and I enjoy it.

-Wes
LoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #173
Shake&Bake

Printing Dept. manager for a Muscle car resto and performance company.

Flow 40's welded in
K&N
Honeycomb rear w/ bumper lettering
Shake&Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #174
EZMachN
BlueByU

I work at YMCA but also full time student in Business. I dunno if I want to become a Lawyer or become a Cop. I've always had passion for being a cop, but recently have a passion for money.
EZMachN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #175
muddman
Mark 9:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourstable
I'm a stay at home Mom with 4 kids. Although we don't have cash right now to mod the Mach due to me not working, I think it's the best thing we can do for our kids.
I respect you staying home with 4 kids.I can barley stay home with 2 once in awhile :LAUGH:
muddman is offline   Reply With Quote