2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:25 AM   #26
RCodeGrl
Mountain Mach

Wow! I go away for a weekend and you guys are having all this great conversation! Sounds like we have some very talented people with awesome taste in cars, wouldn't you agree?

I did a little gig on Saturday - a fund-raising event that needed live entertainment, so a group of us put together a few songs that were appropriate and practiced a couple times together. We actually sounded pretty decent I thought, considering it was so spontaneous. At the show, though, the lead guitarist cranked it up so not only could the rest of us not hear ourselves through the monitors, but he was playing his own punk variations of the songs. I love punk and all, but this was hardly the show for that, and we were forced to follow his lead, it totally became his show. Just disappointing when you're only doing it for fun anyway, ya know? But I still had a good time, and the rest of us are doing another little bit here soon that will be all acoustic. Should be fun, and that's all that matters!

2006 Harley Davidson F-150
Girly truck

'03 Excursion, as seen on TLC's "Extreme Couponing"
RCodeGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:56 PM   #27
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

I met Fear Factory. After a show with Rob Zombie, my friend and I went to a local Denny's and they were in the back. I recognized them so I went back there and hung out. Christian is the nicest dude. Hung out w/ Kid Rock and Twisted Brown Trucker too. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging. Just excited that I found some cool conversation.
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
Meziere Electric Water Pump
SCT Custom Tune
Mach1Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #28
351c.i.d

Have you heard fear factory's new album? The bass player took dinos spot on the guitar, it sounds pretty killer.
Thats cool that you met them. Christian does seem to be a really nice guy.
I didn't think there were any other people with the same interest in hardcore stuff here. Thats really cool!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:45 PM   #29
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
Originally posted by 351c.i.d
Have you heard fear factory's new album? The bass player took dinos spot on the guitar, it sounds pretty killer.
Thats cool that you met them. Christian does seem to be a really nice guy.
I didn't think there were any other people with the same interest in hardcore stuff here. Thats really cool!
Oh yeah! I got it. I collect CDs. I'm into all of it. The more extreme the better. No EMO though. Cali has some killer metal scenes. BTW, I knew a guy in NY named Steve Foley.
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
SCT Custom Tune
Old 08-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #30
351c.i.d

weeeeeeeeeeird dude.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #31
Kham

Double post crazy!
Kham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:19 PM   #32
Kham

Quote:
weeeeeeeeeeird dude.
Yea I thought I was a out cast. Long hair rocker with a Mach 1. Ive been pulled over enough in it! But it doesn't help when you look like a metal head and you blasting Lamb of GOD in the car at 1:30 in the morning!

Oh yea my bands website is kinda up www.mourningyesterday.com Iam the one with the long hair!

Last edited by Kham; 08-19-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #33
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
Originally posted by Kham
Yea I thought I was a out cast. Long hair rocker with a Mach 1. Ive been pulled over enough in it! But it doesn't help when you look like a metal head and you blasting Lamb of GOD in the car at 1:30 in the morning!

Oh yea my bands website is kinda up www.mourningyesterday.com Iam the one with the long hair!
LOG Kewls I'll check our yer site bro.:THUMBSUP:
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
SCT Custom Tune
Old 08-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #34
RCodeGrl
Mountain Mach

Great-looking site, Kham! Let us know when it's all complete! It isn't nearly as impressive as the pic of your band, but here's a coupla pics from the sound check of a little set we did last weekend. Note the very professional stage and huge venue...

Oh, I'm also the one with long hair. If you couldn't tell by the pony shirt...
Attached Thumbnails
el gb soundcheck2.jpg  

2006 Harley Davidson F-150
Girly truck

'03 Excursion, as seen on TLC's "Extreme Couponing"
RCodeGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:02 PM   #35
yellow86coogr

Quote:
At the show, though, the lead guitarist cranked it up so not only could the rest of us not hear ourselves through the monitors, but he was playing his own punk variations of the songs. I love punk and all, but this was hardly the show for that, and we were forced to follow his lead, it totally became his show.
That is all too typical at allot of churches, particularly small ones. I played bass for years, and enjoyed it most of the time (small churches). Every once in a while we would get a guitarist, or a pianist, or even a bass player that decided they needed to be in the lead, and the loudest. It realy can take allot out of you when someone just comes in and takes over. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people with talent that know how to blend in to make it all meld together. I'm sure you know what I mean. It's not easy when your not familiar with each others style, especialy when your(me) lacking allot of experience.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:09 PM   #36
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

No BS I met FF.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ff.bmp (56.4 KB, 19 views)
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
SCT Custom Tune
Old 08-21-2004, 12:36 AM   #37
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
Guitar player for 10 years. Play a lil' drums too, self taught. It seems a lot of guitar players are naturally able to play the drums somewhat.
LOVE the hardcore stuff but am into blues as well. Been in and out of bands since I was 14 but had to quit in the last two years because of the deployment pace of the military....I have no time for it. It's really sad because if I had it my way, I'd play guitar for a living.
What gear u got? I use a Les Paul with EMG 81's, GHS Zakk Wylde Custom Strings (13-60), Randall RH200SC head and Titan XL cab w/ Vintage 30 spkrs, MXR 10 band EQ, Boss noise supressor and CBI cables. I want a Dime Signature V but I can't swing it right now.
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
SCT Custom Tune
Old 08-21-2004, 12:41 AM   #38
Kham

My gear is to much to list but ill list main gear! VHT ultra Lead pitbull head in custon birch cab with 4 Classic lead 80 speakers. I use a gibson Les paul standard with a tone zone in birdge and air classic in neck and also use a Fender HH strat. Have a few other gibsons and a peavey wolfgang.

Now for drums i have a 12 piace tama artstar with a crap load of cymbals on a big rack. Also have a pearl drum set to! With all pearl hardware. Its a double bass set.

Have a crap load of PA and bass gear to! And recording gear.
I spend all my money on gear. Thats why the mach hasnt been moded.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:49 AM   #39
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
My gear is to much to list but ill list main gear! VHT ultra Lead pitbull head in custon birch cab with 4 Classic lead 80 speakers. I use a gibson Les paul standard with a tone zone in birdge and air classic in neck and also use a Fender HH strat. Have a few other gibsons and a peavey wolfgang.

Now for drums i have a 12 piace tama artstar with a crap load of cymbals on a big rack. Also have a pearl drum set to! With all pearl hardware. Its a double bass set.

Have a crap load of PA and bass gear to! And recording gear.
I spend all my money on gear. Thats why the mach hasnt been moded.
I hear ya dude, It's either 1 or the other. I gots my PA gear and crap like that. How's that Pitull sound? BTW your site is cool so far. The pic looks Sometime here I'll post some of my pics when we were out.
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
SCT Custom Tune
Old 08-21-2004, 01:03 AM   #40
Kham

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach1Madman
I hear ya dude, It's either 1 or the other. I gots my PA gear and crap like that. How's that Pitull sound? BTW your site is cool so far. The pic looks Sometime here I'll post some of my pics when we were out.
The VHT is the best amp I have ever owned. I have had almost every amp out there from bogner to mesa to Soldano to peavey to Rivera. If i haven't owned it ive probley played it. Iam a tone freak. Nothing beats the VHT in my mind. But it will cost you a arm and a leg! There amps are great there cabs are so so. Didn't like the VHT cab I had. But I want the new Rivera knuckle head reverb. The clean on Rivera amps are better then fender to me.

How's the EMGS in the LP? Is it a gibson or EPI? What's the tone like? I got a zakk set of emgs collecting dust want to try them but haven't done it yet!

You must tune to C or B with those big strings. I use to use 12s in standard tuning when I was in my SRV days LOL. Iam a big SRV fan. To bad i never got to see him. Being 21 i missed a lot of the greats!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:27 AM   #41
351c.i.d

Gear...where do I start

The backbone of my rack is my mesa boogie simulclass 90/90 power amp. God I love that fuggin amp. I run both of my ibanez 7 strings and peavey detonator w/emg-81 through a korg rack tuner into my sans amp psa-1 preamp into a behringer compressor into a BBE sound processor. That thing really fattens up the sound and makes things sound crystal clear. After that it hits an Alesis EQ but there are so many frequencies in that thing that I ended up taking it out and sticking it in the PA rack because it was just too much for my guitar rack. After that it runs to my pedal board with an assortment of the usual toys, my favorite being the korg whammy pedal. Dimebag from pantera made me want to buy one and I love how he makes wicked sounds with his. After the rack it runs to my Marshall jcm-900 4x12 cabinet and into another mesa boogie 4x12 cab.

It took me forever to piece that rig together but man I love it so much and it sounds killer. Mesa Boogie is some expensive **** but it is made tough and top notch and it's well worth the money.

But I've been away from music for a couple of years so I really need to get back into the swing of things. I'm looking into buying a 6 string (I'm ready to go back to the 6 string) I really want a Les Paul...something solid and thick.
I love the emg's in my peavey, and eventually it will rest in a new guitar once I pick one up. Those pickups are HOT man I tell you. They are loud and they pick up everything. They a are a tad sterile when it comes to sound but if you are into crunch they are the way to go. James Hetfield got the killer crunch on the black album with help from those emgs.

I actually got to meet Zakk Wylde in Korea one year while I was deployed there. I met him in the hotel after he got done playing with Ozzy in Seol city. He was the cooles dude around and we ended up drinking together and closed the hotel bar down. We took it up to my room and I swear the dude ordered so many **** Heinekens it was crazy. He's a real down to earth guy and really appreciates the military. I have a picture I'll have to scan once I get back from Kuwait.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:52 PM   #42
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
The VHT is the best amp I have ever owned. I have had almost every amp out there from bogner to mesa to Soldano to peavey to Rivera. If i haven't owned it ive probley played it. Iam a tone freak. Nothing beats the VHT in my mind. But it will cost you a arm and a leg! There amps are great there cabs are so so. Didn't like the VHT cab I had. But I want the new Rivera knuckle head reverb. The clean on Rivera amps are better then fender to me.

How's the EMGS in the LP? Is it a gibson or EPI? What's the tone like? I got a zakk set of emgs collecting dust want to try them but haven't done it yet!

You must tune to C or B with those big strings. I use to use 12s in standard tuning when I was in my SRV days LOL. Iam a big SRV fan. To bad i never got to see him. Being 21 i missed a lot of the greats!
I use an Epi for now you wouldn't really tell the diff soundwise to me any way. I like thundering crunch and wicked thick tone. The EMGs give me great gain and decent bite. W/ heavy strings I use E flat down to C#. Heavy strings = fat tone. I like so much gain that it feeds back, You know, the knob on 11. With light strings it has a Kerry King type sound.:!!: Mick Thompson and Jim Root from Slipknot use Rivera Knuckleheads and they are crystal clear.:THUMBSUP: BTW, EMGs give really good harmonics too.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:00 PM   #43
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
Gear...where do I start

The backbone of my rack is my mesa boogie simulclass 90/90 power amp. God I love that fuggin amp. I run both of my ibanez 7 strings and peavey detonator w/emg-81 through a korg rack tuner into my sans amp psa-1 preamp into a behringer compressor into a BBE sound processor. That thing really fattens up the sound and makes things sound crystal clear. After that it hits an Alesis EQ but there are so many frequencies in that thing that I ended up taking it out and sticking it in the PA rack because it was just too much for my guitar rack. After that it runs to my pedal board with an assortment of the usual toys, my favorite being the korg whammy pedal. Dimebag from pantera made me want to buy one and I love how he makes wicked sounds with his. After the rack it runs to my Marshall jcm-900 4x12 cabinet and into another mesa boogie 4x12 cab.

It took me forever to piece that rig together but man I love it so much and it sounds killer. Mesa Boogie is some expensive **** but it is made tough and top notch and it's well worth the money.

But I've been away from music for a couple of years so I really need to get back into the swing of things. I'm looking into buying a 6 string (I'm ready to go back to the 6 string) I really want a Les Paul...something solid and thick.
I love the emg's in my peavey, and eventually it will rest in a new guitar once I pick one up. Those pickups are HOT man I tell you. They are loud and they pick up everything. They a are a tad sterile when it comes to sound but if you are into crunch they are the way to go. James Hetfield got the killer crunch on the black album with help from those emgs.

I actually got to meet Zakk Wylde in Korea one year while I was deployed there. I met him in the hotel after he got done playing with Ozzy in Seol city. He was the cooles dude around and we ended up drinking together and closed the hotel bar down. We took it up to my room and I swear the dude ordered so many **** Heinekens it was crazy. He's a real down to earth guy and really appreciates the military. I have a picture I'll have to scan once I get back from Kuwait.
Kool beans, meetin' Zakk is wicked killer chit man! I wanted to run a rack for my rig but, my PA is more important right now. In the future however, I think I may shift to the rack setup. I dunno? I usta drink. Not anymore, it was killin' me. Literally. I loved my Beck's and Heineken. REAL beer! Hang in there Berserker!:THUMBSUP:
Old 08-21-2004, 08:15 PM   #44
351c.i.d

I love the rack setup as opposed to the traditional cab with your head on top.
I will admit, the rack is a bit more complicated due to mulitiple pieces being involved, and cables being run everywhere, but it's nice to have everything you need tucked away in a nice 10 space unit. I took the time to tuck away all the cables, group them and secure them in groups with velcro straps and I installed a small light at the top of the rack in the back so I could see what I was doing if I had to make some adjustments in the middle of a gig in a dark club.

Not to mention that a rack full of blinking lights looks cool as ****! lol. Makes you look like a pro. It sucks to see a band sitting up killer rack gear only to find out that they suck. Hmmm...makes me wonder if people thought that about my band?
Old 08-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #45
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Quote:
I love the rack setup as opposed to the traditional cab with your head on top.
I will admit, the rack is a bit more complicated due to mulitiple pieces being involved, and cables being run everywhere, but it's nice to have everything you need tucked away in a nice 10 space unit. I took the time to tuck away all the cables, group them and secure them in groups with velcro straps and I installed a small light at the top of the rack in the back so I could see what I was doing if I had to make some adjustments in the middle of a gig in a dark club.

Not to mention that a rack full of blinking lights looks cool as ****! lol. Makes you look like a pro. It sucks to see a band sitting up killer rack gear only to find out that they suck. Hmmm...makes me wonder if people thought that about my band?
To hell with what they think! Yeah, all those lights does make you look menacing and badass.:!!: I'm kinda lazy, so hookin' up the PA and then my rig- PITA. Maybe I'll get some more ambition.
K&N drop in
Free Mods
Bassani Catted X
Dynomax Ultra Flo
Red Line Water Wetter
SCT Custom Tune
Old 08-21-2004, 08:49 PM   #46
Kham

Yea i used to use a rack setup. But it was massive. It had 3 power amps and 3 preamps. Had a big swicther and everything. It was big! It was in a custom made 20 space shock mount case. I used to love it. But i had to many problems like a cord gone bad and it was a bicht to find. So i went back to head and cab.

I use head cab wah guitar! Thats it. No tone suckers. I have a few effects units g major lexcion and so on. I hate they suck tone to me. But ive very picky on my tone! Thats why i use the VHT which i had to drive 5 hours just to get. For the price they should have droped it off and brought me diner. Dang thing was just a tad over 3gs with taxes when i bought it. For a dang head!!!!

But ill try the Emgs right now i use DiMarzio tone zone bridge in all my guitars and DiMarzio air classic or paf pro in necks. Easy harmonics out of those pickups and they are mean as hell in the gain. Plus the VHT gain all the way up its nuts!

Whats funny is i like to have a small rig that is easy to use. But my drum set up has to be massive! Which is nuts!
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 PM   #47
Mach1Madman
DILLIGAFF

Here's a pic of my band, Germany Road. I'm the singer. Sorry, the file had to be cut down to fit. Hence the not so good image. I'll get some better ones.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp gr@fd.bmp (72.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-28-2004, 02:30 PM   #48
Kham

Here are some pics of my gig last week with my band Mourningyesterday!
Old 08-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #49
Kham

Here is the pic forgot it!
Attached Thumbnails
kahmpic for mach1.jpg  
Old 08-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #50
Kham

Another
Attached Thumbnails
mach1 kham pci.jpg