2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 11-27-2002, 10:27 PM   #1
03MachforMe

First race!

In case some of you forgot, I took a deal on an '02 Camaro SS. Here's the short take on my first race in it:

So I've had my 02 SS for about a month now, and getting near 1000 miles it was about time I had some fun with the new baby.

I'm driving up the highway and a C5 'vert pulls on an on ramp next to me and decides to show me how quickly he can close the 40' gap to the car in front of him. Ooooh!!! lol

Anyway, he's jumping lanes & trying to be all kewl and he gets stuck behind some slow traffic. I'm just on my way home and take my normal exit.

A couple lights later I notice this guy is behind me. It's a heavy inforcement area, so we play it cool just toying around. Then we get start getting jumpy and lo & behold we're side by side @ a red light.

WOW! My first go in the new SS!! The adrenaline is pumping just thinkig about it as I type!!!

So the light turns and neither of us completely tromp on it...kinda feeling the other guy out...and he seems to be getting on it so I floor it! ASR is off, of course, and I'm getting slight wheelspin and pull on him. Double chirp 2nd and I keep ahead & lost sight out of the corner of my eye!

Not wanting a ticket, and figuring I showed him enough I let off after running most of 3rd out and then he blows by.

I GOT 'IM! I LOVE IT!!!!

Azuremach, you still around buddy? :THUMBSUP:
03MachforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 12:27 AM   #2
03elanor

What a rush huh?:THUMBSUP:
Just remember we don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing.
With Interior Upgrade
That four valve sounds awesome!
03elanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 05:39 AM   #3
headhunter

wow...you are the coolest guy i know.....
headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 09:04 PM   #4
03MachforMe

Such sarcasm & hostility

You gonna be ok there buddy?
Old 11-30-2002, 01:05 PM   #5
gotmach

OK, WE DONT CARE......GO AWAY......FIND A CHEVY REGISTRY AND HAVE FUN.......SEE YA
Old 11-30-2002, 01:17 PM   #6
Verk

Re: First race!

Quote:
Originally posted by 03MachforMe
In case some of you forgot, I took a deal on an '02 Camaro SS. Here's the short take on my first race in it:

So I've had my 02 SS for about a month now, and getting near 1000 miles it was about time I had some fun with the new baby.

I'm driving up the highway and a C5 'vert pulls on an on ramp next to me and decides to show me how quickly he can close the 40' gap to the car in front of him. Ooooh!!! lol

Anyway, he's jumping lanes & trying to be all kewl and he gets stuck behind some slow traffic. I'm just on my way home and take my normal exit.

A couple lights later I notice this guy is behind me. It's a heavy inforcement area, so we play it cool just toying around. Then we get start getting jumpy and lo & behold we're side by side @ a red light.

Did the C5 have an auto? A C5 with an auto comes standard with 2:73 gears with 3:15s optional. A C5 auto with standard 2:73 gears is a real pig!! All 6-speed C5s have 3:42 gears same as you.

No taking anything away from your SS, they are very quick cars, even quicker with all the SLP goodies on them. The C5 does top out at around 175 but who in their right mind is going to take it that far? I have had my 1999 C5 Hardtop for 4 years and 145-150 is all for me. Of course, I have added a few things to mine so its not stock

Enjoy the car and keep those C5s on their toes!

Robert
Mach 1 lost some place in Texas

WOW! My first go in the new SS!! The adrenaline is pumping just thinkig about it as I type!!!

So the light turns and neither of us completely tromp on it...kinda feeling the other guy out...and he seems to be getting on it so I floor it! ASR is off, of course, and I'm getting slight wheelspin and pull on him. Double chirp 2nd and I keep ahead & lost sight out of the corner of my eye!

Not wanting a ticket, and figuring I showed him enough I let off after running most of 3rd out and then he blows by.

I GOT 'IM! I LOVE IT!!!!

1997 Mustang Cobra
1999 C5 Corvette
2003 Mustang Mach 1
Azure Blue (L5), 5-speed, IUP
VIN # 1FAFP42R83F34490
Ordered - 9 Aug. 2002
Built 14 November 2002
Delivered - 6 Dec. 2002
Verk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 11:38 PM   #7
03MachforMe

Easy there fella...

Quote:
Originally posted by gotmach
OK, WE DONT CARE......GO AWAY......FIND A CHEVY REGISTRY AND HAVE FUN.......SEE YA
I have a Mach 1 on order also. I doubt I will ever see it due to the way Ford handled the release, but I'd still love to make the decision to buy or leave it myself.

Don't ruin this most fabulous board by being hostile toward a car enthusiast whose likes include things that don't have blue ovals on them.

I have never bashed anyone here or said my car was better. Most people on this site can appreciate that people can have other cars and still be excited about the Mach 1 as much as any other performance car.

I know my car wont beat every Vette out there, but I did beat this one with this driver and I can promise you this:
If it were you in your Mach, you'd be **** happy about it & I'd be happy FOR you!

I look forward to racing Mach 1's in my SS. I may win. I may lose. In most cases, I will have fun either way and hope that the Mach driver does also.

But if it is a race against someone with an attitude like you have shown me (& headhunter did in his last post on this thread), then I hope I kick their *** so they get put in their place.

Respect those people & cars who deserve it...you'll probably get some back! :THUMBSUP:
Old 12-01-2002, 03:53 PM   #8
gotmach

im not hostile, the little smiley man is. Im just a die hard Ford fan and like to see nothing but Ford stuff on this registry. When I buy a copy of Mustang and Fast fords they dont do a spread on CHevy power. If you want a varity of cars read road and track or car and driver . I just want to keep this registry pure ford and leave the imports and chevys somewhere else!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 04:05 PM   #9
Verk

Quote:
im not hostile, the little smiley man is. Im just a die hard Ford fan and like to see nothing but Ford stuff on this registry. When I buy a copy of Mustang and Fast fords they dont do a spread on CHevy power. If you want a varity of cars read road and track or car and driver . I just want to keep this registry pure ford and leave the imports and chevys somewhere else!!!!!!
Too much attitude on this Registry! Somehow I don't think one racing story about a Camaro SS and a Vette is going to corrupt the Mach 1 Registry.
1997 Mustang Cobra
1999 C5 Corvette
2003 Mustang Mach 1
VIN # 1FAFP42R83F34490
Ordered - 9 Aug. 2002
Built 14 November 2002
Delivered - 6 Dec. 2002
Old 12-01-2002, 06:40 PM   #10
dr_buddah

Since i sense some chevy pride on this Ford website I will tell you a little story. A kid i went to high schoool with has a Camaro SS as well Not sure if it is a 01 or a 02 but none the less he didnt like the fact that I drive a 00 GT. Needless to say we raced. Now i wouldnt be putting this story up here if i Lost so you can assume the GT took the SS in a race. Oh what a feeling. You may ask what mods i have so ill tell you. I simply have Flows, Cold air induction, 70mm throttle body, and a B&M Short throw.
dr_buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #11
Verk

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_buddah
Since i sense some chevy pride on this Ford website I will tell you a little story. A kid i went to high schoool with has a Camaro SS as well Not sure if it is a 01 or a 02 but none the less he didnt like the fact that I drive a 00 GT. Needless to say we raced. Now i wouldnt be putting this story up here if i Lost so you can assume the GT took the SS in a race. Oh what a feeling. You may ask what mods i have so ill tell you. I simply have Flows, Cold air induction, 70mm throttle body, and a B&M Short throw.
Hey, it happens. This is a Ford site and there are other sites for other cars I agree. I just think a few people are somewhat spring loaded on this subject. Time to pass out the chill pills.

1997 Mustang Cobra
1999 C5 Corvette
2003 Mustang Mach 1
VIN # 1FAFP42R83F34490
Ordered - 9 Aug. 2002
Built 14 November 2002
Delivered - 6 Dec. 2002
Old 12-01-2002, 07:35 PM   #12
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Same subject, different tangent

I was fortunate enough to attend the first 'Muscle Car Nationals' about 18 years ago, and couldn't have had a better time. From a ZL-1 Vette(1 of 2) to Yenko's, COPO Camaros, Scrambler Ramblers, and Boss Cougars (yes, they built those) it was a tremendous experience. There is nothing like waking up in the morning, going out to the parking lot and see a line of 15 Superbirds/Charger Daytonas coming down the street. I know this is the "Mach 1 Registry", but if someone who can appreciate our cars with us want to hang out, I say let 'em. The motto of the Shelby Club is "Ownership isn't required, enthusiasm is.":THUMBSUP:

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 07:42 PM   #13
Verk

Re: Same subject, different tangent

Quote:
Originally posted by falcongtho3
I was fortunate enough to attend the first 'Muscle Car Nationals' about 18 years ago, and couldn't have had a better time. From a ZL-1 Vette(1 of 2) to Yenko's, COPO Camaros, Scrambler Ramblers, and Boss Cougars (yes, they built those) it was a tremendous experience. There is nothing like waking up in the morning, going out to the parking lot and see a line of 15 Superbirds/Charger Daytonas coming down the street. I know this is the "Mach 1 Registry", but if someone who can appreciate our cars with us want to hang out, I say let 'em. The motto of the Shelby Club is "Ownership isn't required, enthusiasm is.":THUMBSUP:
Point well made.....thank you!! :THUMBSUP:
1997 Mustang Cobra
1999 C5 Corvette
2003 Mustang Mach 1
VIN # 1FAFP42R83F34490
Ordered - 9 Aug. 2002
Built 14 November 2002
Delivered - 6 Dec. 2002
Old 12-02-2002, 01:16 PM   #14
gotmach

OUCH . OUCH YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME. OK, YOU GUYS WIN / LETS CHANGE THIS TO MACH1 / OTHER CAR REGISTRY / I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS...IM JUST GLAD WE ARE NOT IN IRAQ ...
Old 12-02-2002, 01:25 PM   #15
03MachforMe

ME TOO!

I don't think either of our cars would do well in the sand!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #16
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
OUCH . OUCH YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME. OK, YOU GUYS WIN / LETS CHANGE THIS TO MACH1 / OTHER CAR REGISTRY / I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS...IM JUST GLAD WE ARE NOT IN IRAQ ...
You're not? Too bad, that's where we had your car shipped to! Oh, wait, that was Afganistan...I keep getting my targets mixed up!

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:59 AM   #17
tammy
03 Black Cobra

I enjoyed your story 03Mach glad to see your still around.
tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #18
mustangdan
Mach 1 for 03

Re: First race!

Quote:
Originally posted by 03MachforMe

I GOT 'IM! I LOVE IT!!!!

I glad you are enjoying your SS:THUMBSUP:

I was looking at the 02 Camaro Z28 earlier this year but dealer could not get allotment.

If you Love performance cars, you like them all, not just one make
mustangdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:53 AM   #19
canadian ponies

OK, I'VE BEEN FOLOWING THIS SITE FROM THE START!!! AND I DON'T WONT TO WASTE MY TIME READING ABOUT SOME CHEVY HERO STORY, BUT IF YOU MUST POST INCLUDE "THE ONLY THING I SAW IN THE WINDSHIELD WAS THE MACH 1 TAIL LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
canadian ponies is offline   Reply With Quote