2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info

Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info Questions and Information regarding 03-04 Mach 1 Pricing, VIN's & Production

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 09:11 AM   #26
mustangdan
Mach 1 for 03

I been saving money since the first concept car of the Mach 1 appeared.
I don't want to lease the car. If the 9000.00 I saved up is not enough down payment to reduce monthly payments to 500-600 on a 5yr loan, I will wait for the next limited edition/Boss 302? or 04 Mach1.
If you want a car bad enough you will save enough money to lease or purchase.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:54 AM   #27
Twister Special
Shaken, Not Stirred

The problem I see with this is, what if several other people want help with a $5 donation too. Sure it doesn't sound like much for this one time but I'm sure there a lot of other people in the same boat as mgk2. If we donate to one then should we donate to everyone that proposes this?? Doesn't look fair not to. I don't mind trying to help someone out with food or utilities. Just can't see helping for a luxury item. It also looks like putting children through school would be a much higher priority that a mach 1. Looks like to me..... get the kids through school then pick yourself up a toy when funding is easier. Might be a used mach 1 or who knows what new cool car of the day it might be.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:52 AM   #28
socalmach1
"Boy! is this a machine"

Twister Special you are right, I guess I cannot send 5 bucks becuase I had to save money by cutting back things I like. I am very sorry Mike! Just save until you can afford this.
Old 12-09-2002, 01:06 PM   #29
FlashBack

Re: Ok ok if this stuff gets on your nerves!

Quote:
Originally posted by mgk2
Yeah remember where you are today is because some teacher took a personal interest in you.
The whole car issue aside I now take offense at the quote above.

I am where I am DESPITE the public school system not because of it!!! I had a learning disability, but in 1970 they didn't recognize such things or at least not mine. So, I was ostracized instead of helped! I did not even finish the 10th grade. Mike I currently earn 57K all without a degree or the help of anyone except myself and that includes any and all teachers I ever had! I learned to over come the problem which prevented me from excelling in school. Now I am respected and very, very good at what I do. Please DO NOT insinuate that I am where I am because of some teacher, that is not a guilt trip that carries any weight with me!

As for your personal situation, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:31 PM   #30
BFVTHOKIE

Go work in a soup kitchen over the holidays.

Last edited by BFVTHOKIE; 12-09-2002 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:09 PM   #31
mgk2

Education served by my fellow man!

Ok Then!

From the response in your posts you all think I was wrong to ask for your support. Feelings made know.
You have all paid me a reality check. Please accept my withdraw of help from this action.

I most have over estimated the sense of support I felt as a member of the group.

I do wish you all the happiest of holidays.!!

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 10:37 PM   #32
Starsky

LOL, even in apology, you cant help but dig it in..

No problem
03 Torch Red Auto #451655
Mods:

MGW interior trinkets
"281" hood graphics
Visus Louvers, "Mustang" inserts
Tint, JbL Tweeters
side roof panel emblems
MRT H PIPE MAGNAFLOW CATBACK
MRT BLACK CHROME ROLLED TIPS
stars and stripes pony
Mach 1 Scuff Plate
MGW Auto "T" handle,
4.6 hi performance emblems
Honeycomb trunk panels
AFS 17X9's on rear
SCT chip
4.10 FMS gears
C&L complete intake setup
Old 12-09-2002, 10:38 PM   #33
70MachCJ

I think you misunderstood the type of support this forum and website provide. This is friendly(most of the time) support in the form of discussion and comradarie from a group of people who all enjoy and hopefully someday all own the same car. This is not financial support. Many of us, myself included, will be working hard to payoff our cars also. If you can't afford it now, well thats just life. I would really like to have a few Shelby GT500's but it ain't going to happen anytime soon. And even if I had a chance to get them, I sure wouldn't ask anyone to help me pay for it. That is extremely rude and tacky. Take care of you childs education, and your other responsibilties first, worry about toys last. Thats what this car is when you get down to it, a toy. Some can afford it, some cannot.

Also in my honest opinion, it is quite rude for you to try and make us feel guilty because we didn't want to help you pay for your car.
03 Mach 1 Torch Red 4.6L
Old 12-09-2002, 10:50 PM   #34
shaggy

Attached Thumbnails
ohdramaimage.jpg  

K&N
Triax

so far
Old 12-09-2002, 11:12 PM   #35
mgk2

woodchuck

I think your answer made the most sense . You have a way of putting this into view to step and say," look at this clearly."

Thanks for your input.

Now to get to the dealer and arrange to take my deposit back, then I can reinvest for the next time I can order a car.

What would be great if I can find one at my second job for under sticker by 15-20% > That way my 'toy' will not keep me from giving my kids the money they need. lol. My older kid has a scholarship for her grades and my son will probably do as well. It was the board and meals that caught us un-prepared to pay when it came time.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:16 AM   #36
Twister Special
Shaken, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally posted by shaggy
[SIZE=3]

lol :LAUGH:
Old 12-10-2002, 01:52 AM   #37
1mach03

no offense to anyone but you should be helping out people who have little or nothing than to help people who already have.you have a job be thankful for that.you are also alive and healthy.there are a lot of people in this world who dont even have a home or food,let alone a car, and helping them out would be of more importance to me than to give money to someone for there car ,especially a 30,000 car.be thankful for what you have and give this year to the poor, or donate a new toy to a sick or poor child.at least that would be more appreaciated.i dont get it are we starting up a donation fund for people who want a mach one or what.april zavela the vettelady. p.s next thing you know youll want us to buy the car for you.yeah right maybe in my next life.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:18 AM   #38
1MeanGT
Full of wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by 1mach03
no offense to anyone but you should be helping out people who have little or nothing than to help people who already have.you have a job be thankful for that.you are also alive and healthy.there are a lot of people in this world who dont even have a home or food,let alone a car, and helping them out would be of more importance to me than to give money to someone for there car ,especially a 30,000 car.be thankful for what you have and give this year to the poor, or donate a new toy to a sick or poor child.at least that would be more appreaciated.i dont get it are we starting up a donation fund for people who want a mach one or what.april zavela the vettelady. p.s next thing you know youll want us to buy the car for you.yeah right maybe in my next life.
Learn how to use the space bar AFTER completing a sentence.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:31 PM   #39
Starsky

Ok, mgK has eaten crow. I think we can proclaim this a dead horse now.
03 Torch Red Auto #451655
Mods:

MGW interior trinkets
"281" hood graphics
Visus Louvers, "Mustang" inserts
Tint, JbL Tweeters
side roof panel emblems
MRT H PIPE MAGNAFLOW CATBACK
MRT BLACK CHROME ROLLED TIPS
stars and stripes pony
Mach 1 Scuff Plate
MGW Auto "T" handle,
4.6 hi performance emblems
Honeycomb trunk panels
AFS 17X9's on rear
SCT chip
4.10 FMS gears
C&L complete intake setup
Old 12-10-2002, 03:58 PM   #40
Rollin929
Still smiling!

LOL

DIE HORSE DIE!!!!!!!!

VIN: 344970

Past Mustangs;1974 Mustang, 1977 Mustang II, 1990 Mustang LX 5.0, 1995 Mustang Coupe

http://www.speedpassion.com/
http://www.austinareastangs.com/

Current rides; 2000 Honda CBR929rr, 2003 Mitishibushi Galant GTZ 2003, OH YEAH also a 2003 Mustang Mach 1
Old 12-10-2002, 04:21 PM   #41
OHMach1

Just a random thought:

Is it really appropriate to talk about dead horses in a Mustang forum?? Hmmmm....
VIN 378884 Rec'd 12/6
Born on date 1/17/03
Mach 1 arrived 1/22/03

"There's always someone willing to disagree with me; but I'm the one who's called controvesial."
Old 12-10-2002, 04:59 PM   #42
mgk2

a sense of humor

It's good to see our group has a sense of humor!

Later group
Old 12-10-2002, 06:03 PM   #43
salesmndontsuck

Give me a friggin break! What you need to do is quit teaching and learn how to become a salesperson! If you apply yourself and hone your skills, you can easily make $50,000 plus selling cars full time. At the dealership I work at, there are 5 of us who are over 50k, and about 3 who are gonna break $75k.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but if teaching doesn't pay, get the hell out. Driving a sweet *** car is way more important than the future of America!:THUMBSUP:
Old 12-10-2002, 06:06 PM   #44
salesmndontsuck

Quote:
Originally posted by mgk2
woodchuck

I think your answer made the most sense . You have a way of putting this into view to step and say," look at this clearly."

Thanks for your input.

Now to get to the dealer and arrange to take my deposit back, then I can reinvest for the next time I can order a car.

What would be great if I can find one at my second job for under sticker by 15-20% > That way my 'toy' will not keep me from giving my kids the money they need. lol. My older kid has a scholarship for her grades and my son will probably do as well. It was the board and meals that caught us un-prepared to pay when it came time.
You really don't know much abt the car business if you think there is 20% mark-up on a car. Or maybe I misunderstand you and you are speaking of a used Mach...Good Luck there. Just as a heads up...there is only abt 8% mark up on the Mach!
Old 12-10-2002, 07:42 PM   #45
POLSMACH03

I vote we kill this one.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:55 PM   #46
mgk2

I'll second that!!:THUMBSUP:
Old 12-11-2002, 01:22 AM   #47
badjoey
former mach1 owner

after a rotten start to a week,i come home turn on my computer to catch up on the world of the 2003 mach1--and here i find the humor to probably make me laugh the rest of the week,,,you people are great,,thanx
Old 12-11-2002, 05:42 PM   #48
mgk2

you must stay up late

badjoey,

Do you work late or get on the computer late!

Your car will come, believe and click your heels saying 'their now place like home,,,

Anyway have fun on this site these people are a lot of fiin once you get to know them!

Mike
Old 12-11-2002, 08:32 PM   #49
cutter

Yeah, it's easy to make 50-75k selling cars....when your hosing the consumer......just kidding....all saleman are angels(remember santa's coming and all I want for christmas....is a vin)....
Old 12-12-2002, 12:00 PM   #50
salesmndontsuck

Quote:
Originally posted by cutter
Yeah, it's easy to make 50-75k selling cars....when your hosing the consumer......just kidding....all saleman are angels(remember santa's coming and all I want for christmas....is a vin)....
No it's not called hosing, it's called 60 hrs. + a week. It takes a whole lot of work to ******** customers, chain them down, and hook up the brainwashing machine. Especially the feisty ones who have read too many issues of Consumer Reports and think that Honda and Toyota are the best thing since sliced bread and that Ford is just as bad as 3 week old leftovers!