2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info

Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info Questions and Information regarding 03-04 Mach 1 Pricing, VIN's & Production

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 09:51 PM   #1
mgk2

To save a fellow Mach1 registry car

My wife had this idea, so I am writing it for all to see, if Dave or Frank or any members are offended please accept my apology!

Since my car story has evolved, my car is due December 18,here in south florida.

I am asking if any members would contribute $5.00 to save my
Mach1 from the hands of someone who wouldn't appreciate it like one of us.

To put this in prospective I am a highschool teacher who sell cars at CarMax in my not school hours to help make the bills that came unexpected and I what to do the best to I can to keep the car I ordered for my 50th birthday, this summer June 21,2002.

Thankyou,
Mike
Old 12-07-2002, 10:21 PM   #2
1MeanGT
Full of wisdom

Call me crazy, but maybe you shouldn't have ordered a $30,000 car if you are already working 2 jobs just to make ends meet.

Last edited by 1MeanGT; 12-08-2002 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:17 PM   #3
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

We understand that you going have trouble paying your Mach1 maybe is to lease your Mach1 from the dealership.
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
Old 12-07-2002, 11:42 PM   #4
Starsky

Now I've seen it all.......:OFFTOPIC:
03 Torch Red Auto #451655
Mods:

MGW interior trinkets
"281" hood graphics
Visus Louvers, "Mustang" inserts
Tint, JbL Tweeters
side roof panel emblems
MRT H PIPE MAGNAFLOW CATBACK
MRT BLACK CHROME ROLLED TIPS
stars and stripes pony
Mach 1 Scuff Plate
MGW Auto "T" handle,
4.6 hi performance emblems
Honeycomb trunk panels
AFS 17X9's on rear
SCT chip
4.10 FMS gears
C&L complete intake setup
Old 12-08-2002, 12:27 AM   #5
1BADMACH1
Pony on the run.

Old 12-08-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
Chris03Cobra

I just placed my order for the S7.... All I need is $1 from 375,000 fellow saleen enthusiasts.

2003 Cobra Hardtop

Densecharger
Cobra Grille Emblem
Reflective Bumper Inserts
2.93 Pulley

2002 GT Convertible
Stock

2000 Focus ZX3
Daily driver for the rain that doesn't stall (yet).

On the lookout for:
03 Mach 1 (without the ***-rape upgrade feature)

The hot ****!!
http://www.t66mkiv.com/domestic.avi
Old 12-08-2002, 12:41 AM   #7
1MeanGT
Full of wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris03Cobra
I just placed my order for the S7.... All I need is $1 from 375,000 fellow saleen enthusiasts.
LOL :LAUGH:
Old 12-08-2002, 09:13 AM   #8
Mikestang
Parrot Head

OK I saved my *** off and I barrowed 1500.00 from mom and dad I literally have 5 bucks in my pocket to pay day I make 37k a year and have no other bills.

So in short I begged and barrowed to get my car I would do the same thing again.

I do think it is a shame we dont pay our teachers allot more like a teacher should get at least 50 k a year after all dont you get what you pay for..........I mean our kids and future's education
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Old 12-08-2002, 09:27 AM   #9
badjoey
former mach1 owner

most teachers i know make close to that,
beg the money however you can and if this $5 thing works please foward me a note to my email. i got some things i want-lol
Old 12-08-2002, 12:10 PM   #10
Venmous28

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BADMACH1

you know...i want this headswap kit that im ordering really bad...for my christmas present and to get my car back on the road...i havent drove it in 3 months....

if yall could send $2 to imanahole@dhead.com

..im sorry...money problems suck...
98 Black GT
Old 12-08-2002, 01:08 PM   #11
socalmach1
"Boy! is this a machine"

Hey Guys I was really going to send 5 bucks to MGK2 but in the long run if it's not going to help him then maybe I should'nt.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:43 PM   #12
WarpdSpazm
Reformed Druid

I don't know dood, anything will help 5...2...even a buck sometimes.... The only reason i have my mach is cause of the generousity of a family member.. I have been on furlough for 3 weeks and ate up most of my DP... I start in January again, so the fact my mach came last week was hard... If not for them I'd be driving in the back of a city bus right now... SO to knock someone because of the bad timing is harsh... If mine had come in march i'd have borrowed nothing... Some might say i saved so you have to too... but hell what's 5 bucks to most of us... 20 miles of driving??? come on... if it's that much send a PM and ask him to pay you back after he gets the car.
RayMuratore@msn.com
AIM:WarpdSpazm
Member #75 - VIN: 340165
12/14/03 Dyno with 550 miles: RWHP = 279.2 RWTQ = 304.8
Old 12-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #13
Starsky

Warp, I got to call you on this one. The car is a luxury item for us. Its an I want, not a I need. The teacher would do very well buying a HOnda Accord V6 on the limited budget. The car would last him 15 yrs. The problem with a lot of people are they simply do not live within their means. Credit card debt is phenominal. And there are several people on here who are pushing the limit to buy the Mach 1, myself included. We are making the sacrifices in order to make sure WE can afford it. To solicit handouts from strangers in order to buy a luxury item such as the Mach, is tacky in my opinion and Im sure Ann Landers would agree if she were alive....

But IF it works, I want to upgrade my 98 Sundance Marin portable Hot Tub to a new $7000 spa with built in CD player...I'd just need 50 bucks each. and you could use it anytime your in Austin

And Im NOT directing the living above their means to the teacher. I Dont know what his spending habits are. Im speaking in general. Only the fact he is asking for money in order to afford it, leads me to suspect it may be the case. And I agree, good teachers ought to be paid more.
Mods:

MGW interior trinkets
"281" hood graphics
Tint, JbL Tweeters
side roof panel emblems
stars and stripes pony
Mach 1 Scuff Plate
MGW Auto "T" handle,
Honeycomb trunk panels
AFS 17X9's on rear
SCT chip
4.10 FMS gears

Last edited by Starsky; 12-08-2002 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:13 PM   #14
Mach__1__03
Mach Dreams

Lightbulb Save a mustang fund......

Hey there mgk2....I have been thinking.....and....
You just let me know where to send the money... I have no problem helping you out...
I mean just what is 5 or 10 dollars... I would bet that some of us don't donate money to good causes very often....
so what the hell... it doesn't hurt me.... I won't feel ripped off over a lousy 5 dollars.

(And if you feel the need to get back your 5 dollars then just put a self addressed envelope w/stamp inside with the donation and if he doesn't end up purchasing the Mach he can send it back..) What do you think MGk2? Sound good?

Ryan

And Starsky remember... why are you getting the Mach 1.... I am also in the same boat as Mgk2, I am a soldier in the US Army... and not a high ranking or high paid one... I barely make $25K a year... but being in the ARMY keeps my bills down... So my wife wanted me to just get a car....wifes quote "why do you need a $30k when all we need is a $15k car... what's your problem"......
Now after explaining my love for the 1969-70 Mach 1... and showing her a million pictures she has slowly fallen in love with the car too...
So all I can say is this is America... Land of dreams and freedom.... and not the land of the V6 Hondas...he he he....
Everyone of us would want our Mach 1's too if we had already ordered them....

2003 Mach 1, Torch Red, 5 speed, IUP.
VIN: 1FAFP42R83F358947
Ordered: Aug 12th 2002
FO: 346035

Last edited by Mach__1__03; 12-08-2002 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:30 PM   #15
MustangNut

Hope like heck that you're not an English teacher. If you are,
they're already paying you too much.
Hurst Billet Plus
CDC Honeycomb Panels
Kustom Machine Center Caps
Graphics Express '281' Hood Stripes
FordPower.net Replacement Side Stripes
Old 12-08-2002, 04:19 PM   #16
cutter

I'm with you Starskey......all of us must live within our means, I have a son in the fifth grade and man I'm telling you what...There isn't enough money paid to teachers...or enough to want to be one...but thank god for people with the patience to do it and more power to them....same for police and firemen.....thanks to all of them.......
Old 12-08-2002, 05:41 PM   #17
rob6773
back in black

This is the most insane request I've ever heard! Get a used Bullitt or move up here to New York where we actually make real money. Just an example of our regional differences. I'm in my second full-time year and making 43,700. No masters yet. And get this, my district is the lowest paying in it's township.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:47 PM   #18
davecrazy

heres a piece of advice thats done me well in life. "dont buy what you cant afford"
Old 12-08-2002, 09:45 PM   #19
mgk2

Ok ok if this stuff gets on your nerves!

Ok so you guys think I am a jerk for asking for help! That's good to be there in life. Yes after working 26 years as a School teacher has blessed me with a lot of' look where so and so has become from my willingness to help them.' Yeah remember where you are today is because some teacher took a personal interest in you. Ok no *** story!!
Yes I work two jobs to pay for the my new car,Mach1 and pay off bills for unexpected things like college expenses for my daughter,etc.
So if no one one can see the good in helping a fellow member; I can accept that. Fine I'll watch from the side and work on it until I earn the money with my own two hands, and God's blessings.
By the way if I were trying to take from your pocket with a phoney scheme like so many of us have been victim too, I could see your resentment.
Thanks to some of you caring people offering to help!
Mike
Old 12-08-2002, 11:07 PM   #20
Starsky

Re: Ok ok if this stuff gets on your nerves!

Quote:
Originally posted by mgk2
Ok so you guys think I am a jerk for asking for help! That's good to be there in life. Yes after working 26 years as a School teacher has blessed me with a lot of' look where so and so has become from my willingness to help them.' Yeah remember where you are today is because some teacher took a personal interest in you. Ok no *** story!!
Yes I work two jobs to pay for the my new car,Mach1 and pay off bills for unexpected things like college expenses for my daughter,etc.
So if no one one can see the good in helping a fellow member; I can accept that. Fine I'll watch from the side and work on it until I earn the money with my own two hands, and God's blessings.
By the way if I were trying to take from your pocket with a phoney scheme like so many of us have been victim too, I could see your resentment.
Mike
Final comment....

I never said you were a jerk. I said you were tacky. I'll admit also that you have a lot of nerve.

No shame in working 2 jobs. Todays economy and the cost of living make a 2 income household almost mandatory if you wish to live comfortably. I don't work 2 jobs, but I would if I had to. However, I would not commit myself to an additonal job to buy a 35' powerboat.

I honestly can't see the good in supporting your addiction to the car. I CAN see good in donating time and money to needy families struggling to pay a light bill or feed children due to circumstances beyond their control. To equate YOUR plight to that is unreasonable.

I would have suggested you work on it until you earn the money with your own two hands from the start. Im glad you concluded that was the best way.

Rationalizing your request by comparing it to the opposite of a phoney scheme, then failing to see why your request is just as much a crock concerns me about your conscience.

The reality is, if 5 bucks from the 50 people who post here would solve your problem, you really don't need the help to buy the car anyway. IF 100 contributed we're talking 500 bucks...

I believe I have blood all over this nice white shirt from beating this dead horse

p.s. Good teachers are terribly underpaid. I use to go sit in on my sons class and was shocked at some kids behavior in class and what they have to put up with.
Mods:

MGW interior trinkets
"281" hood graphics
Tint, JbL Tweeters
side roof panel emblems
stars and stripes pony
Mach 1 Scuff Plate
MGW Auto "T" handle,
Honeycomb trunk panels
AFS 17X9's on rear
SCT chip
4.10 FMS gears
Old 12-08-2002, 11:31 PM   #21
davecrazy

Quote:
Mike
want some cheese with your whine?
Old 12-09-2002, 01:05 AM   #22
1MeanGT
Full of wisdom

Quote:
So if no one one can see the good in helping a fellow member; I can accept that.
You sound like a bum on the street.

Stop whining like a little kid. Suck it up and accept the fact that you can't afford it.

BTW you are a teacher? You can't even write coherent sentences.
That's Publik Edukayshen for ya...

Last edited by 1MeanGT; 12-09-2002 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:29 AM   #23
socalmach1
"Boy! is this a machine"

WOW
Old 12-09-2002, 08:05 AM   #24
cutter

You guys are right on...Starskey...not calling this guy a bum or jerk...but we all have been there, and most have dug our way out and done better.....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....
Old 12-09-2002, 08:50 AM   #25
woodchuck
Storm Chaser

Start Saving for a 2004. Should have no problems then. Or ask your dealer to hold the first Mach traded in and get one that way.

2001 60th Edition Jeep
1995 F150 4X4
1969 Mustang
2003 Mach I
Closed Thread