2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #1
Kiddnewt
Halloween Screamer

Red face Okay... Complaints about your car?

I hate to knock the Mach... I LOVE IT, but has anyone else noticed how completely USELESS the glove box is? The other day I thought I had lost my registration & insurance cards (they werent in there) turns out they fell down behind the thing, and I had to reach up from under the dash to get them. I had originally put the stuff inside the cool little black thing that the dealer gave me to put the owners man. in, but it turns out the thing wont fit into the glove box!

Oh well...

Mach On Anyhow...

:THUMBSUP:
Competition Orange - 5 Speed IUP #135131
"This and That": Flowmaster 40-Series Weld-Ins, BFGoodrich Comp TA/ZR's 255/45/17, 3M Paint Protection Film, HP Charcoal 13% Tint, Satin Black Bumper Inserts, Sequential Turn Signals.

High Horse Performance, Inc. LINK

Other Rides:
87 Jeep Wrangler - Flat Army Green - DEJA
74 VW Superbeetle - Restored Summer 02
Kiddnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:55 PM   #2
USMarine
Senior Mach Member

Won't Mod

Have owned my '04 since January with no problems.

Only 1 complaint. I bought this car for what it is. A modern, retro Mach. I don't want to modify a thing to depreciate it's value. Maybe just catbacks to get "the sound" but never an exterior mod.

To mod something I'm looking for a Z06 with a blown engine. I know just the aluminum 454 small block crate engine that's begging to go in one. Can you say "Chevy on acid?"
Old 04-15-2004, 12:14 AM   #3
loathe
SHAKEN, Not Stirred!

I am very happy with the Mach 1, this is my second stang, and I have becomed so adapted to it right now. I had nothing but bad experiences with my 95' GT--it was like if the beast did not like me at all. I did my best to maintain it (change spark plugs, etc.) but still had many occuring problems. I am very greatfull to have gods blessings to own a bad a** sports car like the mach. I myself want to cherish this thing to the end, and as I get older I want to own mid-level sports cars, and not the top performance cars like corvettes, viper, bmw z8. Why? because the best thing is with mod's. Why buy a viper? It would just get so monotonous; however modding a car you really like, now thats just FUN!

As for complaints, I really hate that clunking sound coming from the rear when I shift to 5th gear on a low roll MPH, and when I shift from 1-2. Hope that TSB gets released..

Second, there was this one odd night after having my orientation. I was driving home normally, and for some reason the engine just died followed by the service engine light. She started back up, but it got me kinda worried--wtf happened.

\Moses

Last edited by loathe; 04-15-2004 at 12:19 AM.
loathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:24 AM   #4
IMachU
Super Moderator

Re: Okay... Complaints about your car?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiddnewt
and I had to reach up from under the dash to get them.
It might have been easier if you would have pulled in on the left and right rear of the glove box (that is about all that will fit in it anyway - 1 glove!), and dropped the box forward on its hinges.

But, as you can tell, yes I agree with you. That is why I have a bunch of crap in the trunk (which is bigger than the back seat). Still, I have NO complaints. I knew all this when I rushed in and bought the Mach, then squealed like a school girl all the way home.

2003 DSG 5 speed IUP Born June 25, 2003
K&N Drop-in Filter, Magnapack Catback, MRT black chrome tips, MRT shifter
277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
IMachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:22 AM   #5
spanky192

i'm sure not many of us thought about the interior when we bought our machs. the thing that i like the least is the side mirrors. i'm just not used to side mirrors that small
spanky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:56 AM   #6
Vacprime

I would have to say it's untapped potential. Sure the stock Mach1 is nice....but I would have to at least say that the stock exhaust sucks bigtime. After all the mods I've done so far.....this car became a machine. Now, I can't live without it...finally got all the 'bugs' worked out of the car....yeesh!

Mach On!
Vacprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:42 AM   #7
Sapperstang

Re: Okay... Complaints about your car?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiddnewt
I hate to knock the Mach... I LOVE IT, but has anyone else noticed how completely USELESS the glove box is? The other day I thought I had lost my registration & insurance cards (they werent in there) turns out they fell down behind the thing, and I had to reach up from under the dash to get them. I had originally put the stuff inside the cool little black thing that the dealer gave me to put the owners man. in, but it turns out the thing wont fit into the glove box!

Oh well...

Mach On Anyhow...

This is my third 99 + stang. All the glove boxes are the same. The owners manual holder thing fits just fine in my glovebox. There is a trick to getting it in there. Push the top in first and then close it. I have quite a few things in my glovebox. But as far as complaints I would have to say the amount of engine noise inside the car when I am getting on it. Not exhaust noise but the actual engine noises coming through the firewall.
K&N filter
SLP Loudmouth catback
Sapperstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 09:47 AM   #8
sutyak
it's soo-tack

My only real complaint: twigs for axles !
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:06 AM   #9
04Torchred
Pony Up!

Thumbs up

So far, I'm very happy w/ my MACH. This is my 3rd Ford, and my first stang. I've always been a GM type of guy, but I must say Ford has somthing going w/ the MACH. I'm glad I've got mine If I have only one complaint, it would be w/ how the dealership car washers clean the cars. I have some light scratches on my hood, and I think it's most likely from that. I'm afraid to let the dealership fix them for fear of making things worse. The NAVY way of fixing somthing is, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I'm enclined to agree w/ them.
04Torchred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #10
emrock

box is tiny

But didnt buy it for the glove box
Mach looks are the greatest of Mustangs present day I've seen

only knock is for the Mach it screams at high end but has not enuff torque in lo range

I wish they would have put the 4v heads on the 5.4l only for the Mach

my 2 cents
Old 04-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #11
loathe
SHAKEN, Not Stirred!

i would also like to add... the only thing i am dissapointed is that they didn't make a functional side scoopes for the mach
loathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:11 PM   #12
Catman

My only complaint is that they didn't bring it out sooner when I bought my 02 GT, I would have picked this baby up instead. Now instead of almost having my 02 paid off I have another 4 years of payments with my Mach, but in the end it's worth it.
-Comp Cams (106400)/Springs/Steel Retainers
-SLP LTs
-SLP Catted Shorty X
-Magnaflow Magnapack Catback
-Diablo Predator w/ custom tune by JPC Racing
-Steeda Tri-ax
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #13
Kiddnewt
Halloween Screamer

Question Where in the world?

Quote:
Originally posted by Catman
My only complaint is that they didn't bring it out sooner when I bought my 02 GT, I would have picked this baby up instead. Now instead of almost having my 02 paid off I have another 4 years of payments with my Mach, but in the end it's worth it.
Hey, where is Gaithersburg? I'm from DE. I checked out your pics of the Mach on CarDomain, who's the "mach1kid" trying to fool... saying he just got a Silver one? :pics:

Anyway, there needs to be a big Mach gathering somewhere for MD/DE/VA/PA/NJ machs...
Competition Orange - 5 Speed IUP #135131
"This and That": Flowmaster 40-Series Weld-Ins, BFGoodrich Comp TA/ZR's 255/45/17, 3M Paint Protection Film, HP Charcoal 13% Tint, Satin Black Bumper Inserts, Sequential Turn Signals.

High Horse Performance, Inc. LINK

Other Rides:
87 Jeep Wrangler - Flat Army Green - DEJA
74 VW Superbeetle - Restored Summer 02
Kiddnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #14
Gigashadow

The paint on my hood... I swear dust chips it. I have at least a dozen pin head sized chips in the front and I only have 2500 miles on it. Absurd. :!!:
Gigashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:39 AM   #15
DaddyStang

My complaints about the car.... bear with me i am 6'6" tall and weigh about 240 lbs.

the air vent on the passenger side by the door, keeps my knee real cold when the ac is on.

when i turn the stereo up i get a vibration from the plastic that runs up the door posts to the headliner

and lets see... it still wont run 11s stock...

other than that its great
DaddyStang is offline   Reply With Quote