2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > 2003-04 Mach 1 - For Sale/Wanted

2003-04 Mach 1 - For Sale/Wanted Post ONLY 03-04 Mach 1s For sale or wanted. Please Put Year, Color & Location in title!

Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
SunKing

FS: 03, Black, 5Spd, Melbourne, FL , 18K miles

I am testing the waters here.... The Mach 1 basically sits lonely in the garage. I think it's time to sell her to someone who will drive like she was built to be driven.

So here are the specifics.

Black 2003 5 Speed Mach 1. I am the second owner. Original owner ordered car without the Mach 1 stickers installed, but demanded that she get them. So I still have the hood and door stickers in boxes.

I bought the car in 2011 with 4500 miles. The car now has 18,xxx miles.

These modifications were done by Steeda in Pompano Beach:
Steeda Caster Camber Plate
Steeda Front Sway Bar
Steeda Full Subframe Connectors - Welded
Steeda 3 Point Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Tune
H&R Super Race Springs
Bilstein Shocks & Struts

Mods I installed:
Ipod/Iphone connector which is connected to the stock radio.
Quantam Motorsports brake ducts

Everything else is stock.

Oil has been changed every 6 months or so, regardless of mileage.
Transmission and Rear End fluid were changed by Ford dealer in 2011 right after I purchased the car.

Car has new Michelin Pilot Super Sports and new EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads.

Paint is really good with one or two small chips in the front. Interior is very good.

This Mach is how Ford should have built the car originally.

Asking $17,500 or best offer.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #2
358R

Re: FS: 03, Black, 5Spd, Melbourne, FL , 18K miles

Pics? Any exhaust work?
358R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
SunKing

Trying to get pics up on the web...

Stock exhaust.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
SunKing

Pictures are here... http://www.SunKing.eu
Old 05-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #5
SunKing

No interest?
Old 05-16-2015, 04:53 PM   #6
98rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunKing View Post
No interest?
A little high on price just my opinion.
98rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
SunKing

What is a realistic price?
Old 05-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #8
98rs

Quote:
What is a realistic price?
I would say below 15k.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #9
SunKing

$15K for Mach 1 with 18k miles??? You may be right, but it still stings a little.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:04 AM   #10
DeadStang

Quote:
$15K for Mach 1 with 18k miles??? You may be right, but it still stings a little.
Sadly, that's what I'm seeing around here. A nice, stock white 4-speed just sold for $12K....23,000 miles IIRC. A similar red was around $14K and that looks like it sold this past week as well.

Last edited by DeadStang; 05-18-2015 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Spelling!
DeadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #11
98rs

Quote:
Hey man, Not trying to make you feel bad. Because I'm in the market now for one. I'll pay 15k for a low mileage Mach but it needs to have suspension rims/tires and a hand full of other mods.But, that's just me. Your Mach is/looks clean in the pictures. If you list it on Ebay you will get a lot more calls and that might help you get a little more money for your car.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #12
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Not knocking anyones asking price as the owner can ask what ever they want. But if someone if going to finance a 12 year old car, the banks are only going to give NADA and if the owner wants more then that, the buyer must come out of pocket and that will limit the buyers or the owner will need to drop the price.

As a former Mach owner, I can appreciate the love for these cars, but in the end, they are just Mustangs and modifications do not help on the financing of the car.

Good luck with your sale.

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #13
brtnstrns

I'd stick with your asking price for a while. That's crazy low mileage. If you're not desperate for cash, keep it up there. There are, in fact, people out there who are able to pay that price as cash.

But seriously, if someone is actively trying to buy a Mach 1 and is telling you what they think it should be priced...don't take their advice - they're just trying to get a good deal. There are reasonable buyers out there - I just dealt with one who I sold my Mach 1 to this week. I even gave him a better deal because he wasn't trying to lowball me out the front gate.

Also keep in mind, this isn't a heavily trafficked forum - post elsewhere to garner more interest.
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #14
Fatal
Mocked

I wouldn't drop your price, OP. Although it could take sometime for the right buyer to come around, that doesn't mean you should give away your car. It'll eventually move, but it's only a matter of when. I think you're off trading it in on a new vehicle or something of that line.

GL
Fatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #15
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:

I wouldn't sell it for $15k if it was mine. You just need to wait and find the right buyer if you aren't in a hurry. For under 19k miles, $17.5k sounds fair to me, as long as the exterior and interior match up with the low miles.

IG: @azurebluemach
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:03 PM   #16
TKat13
Mach-T

Quote:
Original owner ordered car without the Mach 1 stickers installed, but demanded that she get them. So I still have the hood and door stickers in boxes.
I wonder if this is the only Mach delivered without any Mach Stripes on it? Does your window sticker indicate a sticker delete? Interesting facts get my attention, whether this could bring your more money, maybe in 40 years a 1 of 1.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #17
SunKing

Thanks for all the responses. I'll probably get the car detailed this week and put it in Autotrader. I'll stick with $17,500 based on your responses. I'm not in that big of a hurry to sell, which is nice for a change.

I don't think the Mach was actually ordered without the stripes. The car was sitting at the Ford dealer in South Dade and the original owner didn't like the decals. The dealer agreed to remove the decals. Then after the dealer had removed the decals, she said she wanted new decals in a box, just in case she changed her mind again, again.

Thanks for your advice. This forum is awesome.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #18
iudelt89
United We Stang

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses. I'll probably get the car detailed this week and put it in Autotrader. I'll stick with $17,500 based on your responses. I'm not in that big of a hurry to sell, which is nice for a change.

I don't think the Mach was actually ordered without the stripes. The car was sitting at the Ford dealer in South Dade and the original owner didn't like the decals. The dealer agreed to remove the decals. Then after the dealer had removed the decals, she said she wanted new decals in a box, just in case she changed her mind again, again.

Thanks for your advice. This forum is awesome.
I'm in the same boat right now. Black 5 speed, similar mods + a bit more, pristine condition inside and out @ 57k miles. I'm going to be asking $15.5k. At that price I understand it will take the right buyer to sell, but to be honest I'm in absolutely no hurry to sell. If I didn't have another car lined up to buy in the next year, I wouldn't (Boss302 )
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

'04 Black 5-Speed Mach 1, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
iudelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #19
menzaero

I am of the same opinion as blown03mach1 about financing for our cars; most people don't have the cash laying around and must take out a loan to finance. Banks might pony up $10 to $12K but that still leaves a tidy sum for the demographic interested in our cars.

However, there are buyers out there with the cash and you just need to be patient as I think you will get your asking price or close to it. Ebay has 4 low mile Mach's listed (one 1,426 Mile Auto and three 5-speeds with 5,300, 9,500 and 11,000 miles)

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by menzaero; 06-05-2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Add Additonal Information
menzaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #20
GhostRiderblk
Mammoth mach

17500 Is a fair price. If I were to sell me 88mm turbo with 60k miles I'd ask for 22-25k. Fact is Mach 1 are holding value way better then the cobras. There becoming more and more rare. I hope to pic one up completely stock and only do cams. Good luck with sale
Arp hw
nx N20 kit
GhostRiderblk is offline   Reply With Quote