2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
Con's Mach1

Motorcraft Brake Part Numbers

I was going to order Motorcraft Front and Rear, Brake Rotors and Pads, for the '04 Mach1. But, got a headache with,..'THIS PART FITS YOUR VEHICLE' on some web sites and 'THIS DOES NOT FIT YOUR VEHICLE' on others. I hope whoever chimes in and helps out, has had experience with Motorcraft Brake Part Numbers. Here it goes. I narrowed it down to, MOTORCRAFT FRONT ROTORS 'BRR-54'. REAR ROTORS 'BRR-34'. FRONT PADS 'BR-12B'. And REAR PADS 'BR-72B'. Thank you.
Con's Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: Motorcraft Brake Part Numbers

Call the ford house and give the parts dept your VIN. They can look it up with that bit of information.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I've found a lot of confusion when it comes to geting brake parts for the Mach 1. The easy way is simply to look up the parts for a Cobra and that seems to bypass the confusion.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
I've found a lot of confusion when it comes to geting brake parts for the Mach 1. The easy way is simply to look up the parts for a Cobra and that seems to bypass the confusion.

True, especially the rear pad thickness (ours are like 14.7 mm or so), we use the thin pad
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Call the ford house and give the parts dept your VIN. They can look it up with that bit of information.
I've had good luck using http://www.fordparts.com/ to check prices. You can enter your VIN and look up your parts. So far the prices they have charged me are identical to what the web-site showed. Still high but at least not too high! Part numbers where the same although abbreviated.

You'll be able to maybe figure out if a part is available or discontinued.

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

I think the part numbers you listed are all for a GT.

Fordparts list them as follows

1125(BRRF-221) Front Rotors
2001(BR-12) Front Pads
2C026(BRRF-224) Rear Rotors

I can't find the rear pads.
VA-Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
Con's Mach1

I thank you all for chiming in. I guess I'll take the advice and go to the dealership Saturday, since it just so happens we'll already be there for a car show. The Cobra Part #'s seem to match what I provided on the TREAD. Thank you all again.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #8
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

When I read the description on fordparts the numbers in the first post read as:

less cobra, less appearance group.

= GT

When you go to the dealer will you find out for sure and update the tread please.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:28 AM   #9
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Mach1 View Post
When I read the description on fordparts the numbers in the first post read as:

less cobra, less appearance group.

= GT

When you go to the dealer will you find out for sure and update the tread please.
Your right. It APPEARS the Appearance package(pun intended)is confusing. What I thought I found out is, that the SLOTTED and DRILLED ROTORS were the appearance pkg. The PLAIN flat rotors are the factory style. I could be wrong though. Believe me, if anyone is interested in the factory replacement Motorcraft Brake Rotors and Pad Part #s, you'll see them on this thread in a couple of days. I don't want others to have to go through this confusing mess.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 AM   #10
j rick kirby

Con, where you been?
HPDE Instructor
j rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
Con's Mach1

Hi J. I know what you mean. I asked Connie last week the same question, and she didn't know why we've been away this long. The only thing I can think got in the way was, she's been soo involved in the 'Georgia Regional Mustang Club', everything else took a back seat. Thank you for asking J, hope were on the Registry more now. I'll post the Motorcraft Brake Part #s for our Mach's in a little while.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #12
Con's Mach1

Okay, here is the breakdown on the Motorcraft Part #s for the Brakes on our Mach's, as told by the local Ford Dealer Parts Department....Hope this helps when doing comparable part number checks elsewhere.

FORD PART NUMBERS: Quoted Prices:

'BRRF-221' FRONT ROTOR 'List- 253.98 ea. Net- 177.79 ea.
'BRRF-224' REAR ROTOR 'List- 152.70 ea. Net- 106.89 ea.
'BR-12B' FRONT PADS 'List- 79.96 Net- 55.00
'BR-72B' REAR PADS 'List- 77.58 Net- 55.00
Old 11-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #13
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Thanks for posting. This will certainly help down the road.

Big Ron
Old 11-03-2014, 05:49 AM   #14
Con's Mach1

Your welcome Ron. But, I'm still wondering if the Rotor part #'s are part of the Appearance Pkg though. Seems kinda high for the plain Stock Rotors. It's funny talking about what Rotors fit our cars. But I suppose we can't turn them forever. The Pads are easy. It's the Rotors that throw me.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

You have the right numbers. The Mach 1 is the appearance package. GT+ Appearance package=Mach1. Less Appearance package=GT or V6. Kinda strange terms Ford uses. Why not just call it a Mach1?
Old 11-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Mach1 View Post
You have the right numbers. The Mach 1 is the appearance package. GT+ Appearance package=Mach1. Less Appearance package=GT or V6. Kinda strange terms Ford uses. Why not just call it a Mach1?
YES!! You're right. I don't get the reason why we have sift through a maze, just to get Brake Rotors. There is no problem getting Pads for the Mach1's. I might jump ship on Motorcraft Rotors, and get aftermarket ones. Does anyone have aftermarket Rotors they are happy with, that are Daily Driver OEM type and quality. That work and LAST as long as Motorcraft that won't break the bank? I thought someone said something about POWERSTOP or EBC? I still want to use original Motorcraft Pads.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
not a gt

I have always gotten my rotors at Advance, just installed a set recently after track day...no issues at all, no vibration and they actually survived road course day with racing pads, I took them off and put in a box and went back to street setup.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-07-2014, 08:42 PM   #18
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con's Mach1 View Post
YES!! You're right. I don't get the reason why we have sift through a maze, just to get Brake Rotors.
At least we know if they're not 13" and 11.7" they're not the right ones!

Big Ron
Old 11-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #19
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron View Post
At least we know if they're not 13" and 11.7" they're not the right ones!

Big Ron

..... and rear pads 14.5 MM (including backing plate)
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #20
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
I have always gotten my rotors at Advance, just installed a set recently after track day...no issues at all, no vibration and they actually survived road course day with racing pads, I took them off and put in a box and went back to street setup.
Hi NOT and Ron. Funny you mentioned Advance Ron, I have their Wearever Rotors and Premium Ceramic Pads in the Cart, going over whether to order from them or not. Seem like good Rotors, and they're Non Directional too. You made a good argument for them. I wonder if it's the same ones I'm looking at?
Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #21
not a gt

Quote:
Hi NOT and Ron. Funny you mentioned Advance I have their Wearever Rotors and Premium Ceramic Pads in the Cart, going over whether to order from them or not. Seem like good Rotors, and they're Non Directional too. You made a good argument for them. I wonder if it's the same ones I'm looking at?

I am the rotor man Con, I get these (top 2)... also no brainer since over $75 free shipping and I usually get them in 3 days tops, plus the coupoun for money off next order

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c2/...s-rotors/16462

For pads I went with Raysbestos Advance Technolgies I got off Amazon
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #22
Con's Mach1

Quote:
I am the rotor man Con, I get these (top 2)... also no brainer since over $75 free shipping and I usually get them in 3 days tops, plus the coupoun for money off next order

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/c2/...s-rotors/16462

For pads I went with Raysbestos Advance Technolgies I got off Amazon
Thank you NOT A GT for your input. You gave me the incentive to order from Advance. Feels good to know your the Rotor Man. I hope my wife will be pleased with them too. I ordered the TOP TWO you showed me, but I also ordered the 'Wearever Platinum Premium Ceramic Pads'. Maybe I should've went with a name brand pad like Raybestos or Bendix. Thought buying an all matched set was best for some reason. Sure hope it turns out well. Their description of the Pads won me over. Thanks again Ron..Bob
Old 11-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #23
not a gt

Quote:
Thank you NOT A GT for your input. You gave me the incentive to order from Advance. Feels good to know your the Rotor Man. I hope my wife will be pleased with them too. I ordered the TOP TWO you showed me, but I also ordered the 'Wearever Platinum Premium Ceramic Pads'. Maybe I should've went with a name brand pad like Raybestos or Bendix. Thought buying an all matched set was best for some reason. Sure hope it turns out well. Their description of the Pads won me over. Thanks again Ron..Bob
Cool, make SURE you bed those brake pads in to the new rotors when you get them....very important. You gonna try and make Moultrie?

http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/

I go every year... some really great deals (last year I got my UPR UCA/LCA for $175 new in the box)
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #24
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Cool, make SURE you bed those brake pads in to the new rotors when you get them....very important. You gonna try and make Moultrie?

http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/

I go every year... some really great deals (last year I got my UPR UCA/LCA for $175 new in the box)
Yeah, I told her I was going to drive the Mach for two days, so I can set the brakes properly. Won't be in Moultrie that weekend. I'll be in Conyers. I've heard that Swap Meet really is worth the trip though. As you said, you got Upper and Lower CA's when you went there for 175.00. Great find!
Old 11-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #25
Con's Mach1

Quote:
..... and rear pads 14.5 MM (including backing plate)
I just noticed the Wearever Premium Ceramic Pads I ordered have 14.9 thickness on the rear. You posted 14.5. The fronts have a 15.5 thickness. Rotor Man...will I run into a problem here? I thank you for your input so far. Bob