2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #1
Danny

Vacuum line

Not sure if I posted this in the correct place but Ill get down to the issue and hopefully someone can help. I found two vacuum lines that broke, one that ran to the fuel rail and the other was the part right behind that one (idk what its called) but not the egr vavle. I went to a couple auto stores to locate the vacuum hose, but they all seemed to only carry the rubber hose and not the hard plastic tube the machs have. I went to the stealership after not having any luck, but they don't carry it either or any dealerships around. According to the sales clerk, they discontinued the part??? Does anyone know where I can purchase the vacuum hose/tube or something close to it? I tried out the hard plastic tubing from autozone, but the car seemed to respond worse with that tubing, it sounded like I had cams and my rpm's were going crazy jumping up and down. If someone can direct me in the right direction for that tubing i would appreciate it. Thanks for the help and sorry for the autobiography lol.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #2
UncleSAm

If it broke, just get a rubber coupler from autozone, think it's in one of those "kits"
UncleSAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
Danny

Re: Vacuum line

Fortunately I was able to repair one of the lines. As for the other it would either fall apart or snap with little to no pressure. I think the autozone tubing is getting squeezed at the ends in the fittings causing less vacuum flow due to it not being as thick and durable as the stock tubing. I'll stop by autozone and get some plastic fittings and see if that fixes the issue. Would anyone happen to know what size the hose is? I believe it's 5/32 but I could be wrong.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Danny

Ok, I fixed the lines and had a leak on the iac valve as well which is my fault for not remembering the gasket. I fixed all that and im still getting bad sputtering on acceleration and gets worse the more gas I give it. I dont have an exhaust leak but theres a huge performance drop when stepping on it along with the sputtering. It seems like one problem after another and getting no where. Any advice??? I'd take it to a shop but last time I did I got a run around about cleaning my iac and throttle body which I did and didn't do anything and there went $65 bucks down the drain.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Danny

Anyone?