2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #76
wigsite

Re: "Sorry that's not a Mach 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanscobra View Post
Ignorance like this drives me insane! I would have told him to stop talking and turned away. Guys like these and people that drive their cars like morons are the reason mustang owners have a bad name.

I usually throw something equally stupid back at them. I told one guy at a car show that my grandfather invented Nitrous back when he was in the Army.
Dyno tuned by CRT Performance
Pro 5.0 Power Tower shifter
best 1/4 12.62 @ 108.05 mph
313 RWHP..330 TQ
wigsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #77
4valve 4tw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiler be View Post
Who cares. Its a 90-95 ugly, door wedge corvette.
I know this is essentially the "off topic" section, but please, lets try and actually contribute something to threads shall we? And a lot of people care that its lower hp first version broke an endurance speed record set in the early 60's I believe, and then wasn't broken till a one off, essentially pre-veyron Volkswagen car broke it a couple of years ago. That was with only a slightly steeper gear ratio, and the exhaust was unbolted post cats. And being dohc I figured maybe some Ford owners might actually be interested in it. Especially since it dwarfed Ford's naturally aspirated hp numbers till the new 5.0. Obviously the displacement helped, but many aspects of that motor are pretty impressive still today.

I could equally say no one cares about a parts bin/stripe package mustang couldn't I? But I give respect where respect is due. The Mach 1is amazing bang for the buck. It boggles my mind how stupid brand loyalty is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iudelt89 View Post
Only people that hate on the mach are corvette drivers. You can go back and forth all day hating on each other. "you have a SRA, thats ancient" "ya, well you run leaf springs", these things can go on and on and on.
This gets my vote for worst post ever. Yes, only corvette owners hate on NOT MUSTANGS, but just Mach 1's.

I'm sure you've never heard a camaro/firebird owner bash on mustangs. I'm sure you've never heard an m3 owner talk trash on mustangs. How about supra, rx7, 370z, or s2000 owners do they all have the utmost respect for mustangs, let alone Mach 's?
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #78
Schmokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4valve 4tw? View Post
Geez tough crowd. So some of you expect every parts clerk to know about a mustang, produced only 2 years, while less then 14,000 were produced, and it was completely overshadowed by a different mustang model of the same years? Not to mention, due to the years it was produced tons of misinformation came out that it was the cobra's motor without the surcharger. Come on folks, its not a 1 of 1,000,000,000 f150 with a 5.4 motor. How many of you even know there was 1 dohc corvette made ever, over 6 model years(90-95)? How many of you could pick it out if you saw one? There are a biz million mustangs out there that copy the Mach 1 theme, its not surprising more people don't know.
I can deal with that when I go to Autozone, Pepboys, etc.
What I can't deal with is when I go to the dealer and get that. I should not have to educate the person behind the counter about their job. Learn your product line and know what you sell.
Schmokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #79
MRS.SHKR
SHAKE ME :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmokn View Post
What I can't deal with is when I go to the dealer and get that. I should not have to educate the person behind the counter about their job. Learn your product line and know what you sell.
I know a guy who has been a dodge dealer for probably 15 years and had no idea what a mach 1 or cobra was.
Ford Racing tune
Instagram: GT500Chick
Mach 1 Registry "Shelby Division"
MRS.SHKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #80
Bouttime09

Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but all this reminded me of an incident I had. Some 50+ year old man started ragging on me for driving a Mach. Telling me he'd go put some stickers on his car. Then he'd be fast too. Guy had a supercharged GT (new edge). Initially I was excited to meet a fellow enthusiast. Then he opened his mouth. And I stopped paying attention. You would think someone into Mustangs would know what the hell an 03/4 Mach 1 is. Apparently it's just a sticker package.

I don't mind educating people. It is when they argue about it that it irritates me.
2004, TR Mach 1. C&L cold air intake, MAC longtube headers, MAC o/r prochamber and Magnaflow catback (sex). 3.90 gear set driven by an MGW sts (orange handle). Sitting on SVE lowering springs, stock shocks and struts and a set of 17x9/10 chrome SC replicas from LMR.

Last edited by Bouttime09; 01-28-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Bouttime09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #81
vertigyn
Azure Blue Mach

lol, that would piss me off. It'd be hard to bite my tongue...

Even with his blown GT, your car would probably spank him.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #82
Bouttime09

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigyn View Post
lol, that would piss me off. It'd be hard to bite my tongue...

Even with his blown GT, your car would probably spank him.
It'd be nice. I am humble about my car though. I have been considering a ZEX kit just for moments like that.
2004, TR Mach 1. C&L cold air intake, MAC longtube headers, MAC o/r prochamber and Magnaflow catback (sex). 3.90 gear set driven by an MGW sts (orange handle). Sitting on SVE lowering springs, stock shocks and struts and a set of 17x9/10 chrome SC replicas from LMR.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #83
iudelt89
United We Stang

Quote:
I have educated all but one salesman regarding every single car I have ever looked at. I guess thats what I get for reading a bunch of motortrend, automobile, C&D, autoweek, etc magazines all the time. The truth is, most car salesman know very little about the products they are selling. Go beyond how many cupholders it has and you tend to go over their heads pretty quickly from my experience.
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

'04 Black 5-Speed Mach 1, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
iudelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #84
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouttime09 View Post
Some 50+ year old man started ragging on me for driving a Mach. Telling me he'd go put some stickers on his car. Then he'd be fast too.

Yeah, he needs an "Azzhole On Board" sticker.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #85
04comporgmach1
rock out with ur mach out

"Might have the badges but is not a Mach 1".

Here's your sign...... That the world is screwed because people like this are allowed to breed.
2007 Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce

Gone but not forgoten
1982 F-150 (sold)
1968 Mercury Cougar- 428SCJ (sold as rolling chassis)
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna Lowrider
04comporgmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #86
StevesTorchRed

Yep used to get that a lot. If it wasn't that was, how'd you put the hole in your hood or why?

When I owned mine I obliged a guy in a modified civic, him and his friend were sitting up front, his kid was in the back. I thought, ****, here we go, gonna try and race. Nope, he says "My son loves mustangs, can you give it some hell?"

I replied "Hell yes I can" Revved it a few times, and that kids face was like he had just won a million dollars.

I did have a Colonel on base ask me how I afforded owning such a nice car. lol. I asked him back why he can't afford one LOLOL :{

I need my car back :I
StevesTorchRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #87
Bouttime09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevesTorchRed View Post
I did have a Colonel on base ask me how I afforded owning such a nice car. lol. I asked him back why he can't afford one LOLOL :{
Greatest response ever! I always wonder why those guys are driving piece of **** cars.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #88
Explosive

I havent anyone tell me mine is fake yet, however i get it all the time with my 79 cobra people think they only made fox body cobras in 93
Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #89
bakerjd

Haven't dealt with this yet. Only had excited people/enthusiasts. I guess I've been lucky. One civic owner did try racing me thinking it was "just a V6" lol
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #90
LineageMach1
Air Power!!

Crazy that this is a common problem with the public but its just idiotic that its a problem at dealerships and shops...

Common sense should dictate that if it looks,quacks,swims like a duck then it is a duck!

I went from a 2004 40th anniversary GT to this Mach and the difference was huge.

Aside from that the engine itself says "32 valve" right on both valve covers. GT, as we all know are 16 valve... That should be proof enough.

One thing I found helpful was a book I put together. It has every review and news information I could find throughout the years about the 2003-2004 Mach 1 in it. People have actually enjoyed looking through the binder and its useful for quick reference.

My USAA card says Mach 1 so no issues there. Tax statement says GT Mach 1...

My wife just traded in her Hyundai GT limited for a 2013 jeep... Thought it was going to be no hassle but the appraisal guy swore up and down that our limited was a run of the mill Tiburon GT, which would obviously cost us less in trade in, so I fought him on it.

He swore up and down how good he is at his job etc etc... Said that its not a limited because no heated seats. I told him no tiburon has ever come with heated seats. The one thing the limited did have exclusively was full leather seating in red with red trim inside... His response " the dealership you got this from most likely put the red seats from a limited into your car to sell it at a higher price."

Even had the handbook for the car there and he still stuck to his guns. Finally decided to go home and bring the dang window sticker in, we were going to keep for momento, and even then he just stormed outa the room... Got my Tiburon Gt Limited trade in price though heh.

Oh forgot to add... The salesman said something that almost had me fall outa my seat. We were talking about mustangs and he said this, " .... a Mazda miata would take the new 5.0 mustang". Rly!?!

Some people just don't use the brain God gave em.

P.s. yes we did file a complaint through the USAA car buying service about this dealership and some people from ZAG called to do a formal write up as well. They were in awe of how horrible the service was. I can still see the look on the guys face when he saw the manufacturers window sticker sitting there, that was reward enough for me heh.

Take a look at what they have on their website lol...

http://www.galeanachryslerjeepcolumb...d7f85abe41.htm
2004 Mustang GT-Red-Sold
2001 Mustang- Forest Green-Sold
Disabled Veteran United States Air Force. Hoorah Air Force!

Last edited by LineageMach1; 02-05-2013 at 12:34 AM.
LineageMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #91
Gibs

I have 2 Mach 1's and 1 comes up as Mach 1 and one as a GT with USAA insurance company. They are 10K apart on the VIN.
Gibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #92
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineageMach1 View Post
Aside from that the engine itself says "32 valve" right on both valve covers.

It's only on the driver's side coil cover, not both. I gave away my driver's side coil cover for free for someone that needed it.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #93
LineageMach1
Air Power!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
It's only on the driver's side coil cover, not both. I gave away my driver's side coil cover for free for someone that needed it.
Yep, sorry about that, thanks. Wouldn't be able to see it on pass side heh.
2004 Mustang GT-Red-Sold
Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #94
machdude

This thread is pretty entertaining. I haven't come across any negative feedback on my car yet but I have had to educate a few folks on what a "Mach 1" is.

Mods: K&N drop filter, Full Mac exhaust with Lt headers, 4:10 gears, eibach sport line springs, tubular cross member, steeda short throw
machdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #95
LineageMach1
Air Power!!

The educating is nice. But going though what the o.p and others including my lil story about the tiburon can be a nightmare.

I don't understand attitude people get that there is a possibility they are wrong. Especially this day and age with information at your fingertips.
2004 Mustang GT-Red-Sold
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #96
ICANGO

One of coolest things that happened to me was we were going down the street and there is this kid walking down the sidewalk crooked hat. baggy pants and half his rear hanging out. He must have heard the car coming because he stops and turns around see's us coming and puts his hands in the air and starts bowing. Felt pretty good.
ICANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #97
mach1z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach1 View Post
when they first came out, many didn't really know about them, but they SHOULD BY NOW...geesh. Yes, "R" in the VIN is ONLY for the MACH's and the 1/4 windows or sail panels are slightly different from the GTs and Mach 1's as shown above.
All my import friends know the difference now . They kept bragging how their cars can destroy GTs and I'd be no different
I/E, 4:10's, tune
mach1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #98
dlandry427
Charles U. Farley

Quote:
Amen! I have the same problem at my local dealer. Did offer me a 1200 trade in value on a 2013. Laughed in his face!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #99
Bouttime09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry427 View Post
Amen! I have the same problem at my local dealer. Did offer me a 1200 trade in value on a 2013. Laughed in his face!
... Wow... Some people's ignorance. Enough to make you wanna slap em sometimes.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #100
ICANGO

I dont know about the rest of you but I have gotten looks, stares, thumbs up whatever in the 8 years I have had this car but never and I mean never had one from a Corvette driver.
ICANGO is offline   Reply With Quote