2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Body, Chassis & Interior

Body, Chassis & Interior Body, Chassis and Interior mods/discussions

Old 04-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
LouBills

Front bumper removal help

Does anyone have a video or step by step instructions with pics on removing the front bumper?
LouBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: Front bumper removal help

MM&FF had a body work issue that guides you through it but its pretty easy...

theres two of the screw in plastic lock tabs holding the bumper on at the sides of the grille opening. Theres two metal tabs that hold each head light in, slide those out and disconnect the lights. I believe theres two big plastic push pins that hold the bottom of the bumper assembly to the radiator support. Then there are two nuts on each side holding the bumper to the fender. Theres an opening on the bottom of each side, reach up in there and youll be able to find them, theyre an inch or two apart (I wanna say 10mm). Theres one screw holding the bumper to the fender liner on each side.

You'll have to pull on it from the corners by the wheel well (the studs for the nuts you removed are ~3inches long or so and you have to pull those out through the fender) then the other side and pull the cover off the front of the car

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
vertigyn
Azure Blue Mach

It's easy to do. Just pull the headlights out, and the front of the wheel well shrouds and start looking for screws that look like they are holding it on. I did it no problem without knowing what I was looking for.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
03Mach1BoyAdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigyn View Post
It's easy to do. Just pull the headlights out, and the front of the wheel well shrouds and start looking for screws that look like they are holding it on. I did it no problem without knowing what I was looking for.
x2 it is a fairly simply job, just take your time and you'll have it off in no time!
Steeda Tri Ax Short Throw,Steeda Clutch Quadrant, Steeda Firewall Adjuster, Steeda Shock Tower Brace, MMR Rear Seat Delete, FRPP UCA's, Roush Stage 2 LCA's, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 31 Spline LSD, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP Aluminum DS, Swarr Rear Axle Brace, GMS Girdle, Steeda G Trac Bar, PHP Spacer, JLT RAI, Predator Tuner, 1/2" Shaker Extension, H&R SS Springs, MM C/C Plates, MAC Long Tubes, MAC O/R H Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, 17x9 & 17x10.5 Black FR500's.
03Mach1BoyAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
bigjohnsonDOHC

Peel back the splash guards on the inner wheel wells and if you look up there are 2 nuts on each side (driver and passenger), remove those, the headlights, screws holding the splash guards and I believe a few plastic plugs and it will slide out. Dont forget to disconnect the foglights
Old 04-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
04Mach1Blurr
Machinator

Step 1: For easy access underneath the car, jack the front end up, set jack stands, and remove the tires.
Step 2: Open the hood, remove headlights by lifting up and removing (2) locking sliders on the back side of the headlights, disconnect headlight bulb and turn signal bulb and set lights aside.
Step 3: Use small phillips head screw driver and flat head to remove the 4 screws and fasteners from the radiator cover (where the hood prop clips into when not propped)
Step 4: Remove (2) screws and fasteners that hold the center of the front bumper on to the vehicle (sides of Mustang grill).
Step 5: Remove the (4) push pin fasteners from the fender liner, 2 on both sides. and (2) more under the front end which hold the bottom of the bumper to the car.
Step 6: Use Phillips head screw driver to remove screw that attaches the fender liner to the front bumper (1) on either side, then pull down the fender liner out of the way towards the brakes to get to step 7 easier.
Step 7: Use a 11mm Extended Socket and socket wrench to remove (4) nuts, 2 on each side.
Step 8: Disconnect the fog lights
Step 9: Carefully pull out from the side of the bumper from the body, you will have to pull away enough to take the bolts (step 7) out of the holes on the body. Do this one side at a time, or a friend on the other side, and this removes your front bumper.

To re-install, back track the steps and make sure everything is tight and all parts are re-installed.

Just did this today to paint my Heat exchanger with a mach 1 stencil, and install new ballasts for my fog lights.
2004 D.S.G. Mach 1 Mustang I.U.P.(01/22/2004)-04 Cobra Longblock- Posi Ported M122 GT500 Blower - BF 2.93 Upper - 4lb Lower -MGW STS-Bassani cattless X pipe- Borla Stinger Catback-Steeda Bump Steer kit-MM CCs- MM Coilovers 350lb spring- LFP Heat-exchanger- 1inch Shaker Spacer-03 Cobra IRS with FTBR's Full Bushings kit-BF Diff Brace-3:55 gears -T56 Tranzilla- cut 04 coupe rear springs-Viper Remote Start/Alarm system-Ipod Auxilary-SLP LL-Tune coming soon
04Mach1Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote