2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #26
626socalstang

Re: Noobie Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBalloonHands View Post
Im not sure. Ive been checking craigslist about twice a week. I checked again just now and found one AB Mach and a OW Mach. Were these the ones you were talking about?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/2740539930.html

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/2700239032.html
I got mine for $11,500 with 80XXX miles on it, clean inside and out, engine was steam cleaned and it came with SLP Catbacks.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #27
MrBalloonHands

Awesome guys! Thanks for all the input. I think all this has me leaning towards buying a basically stock Mach and fixing it up my way. Unless someone on the forum gives me a good price on a modded one. Lol. I found a nice Mach on Craigslist earlier but I'm on my phone so I can't post the link. I'll have to do it when I get to my computer. I'm getting pretty excited to get a Mach.
MrBalloonHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #28
626socalstang

It will be fun and addicting I took mine from stock to SLP long tubes, SLP X-pipe, SLP cat backs, Mose 31 spline axels, Ford Racing limited slip dif, Eibach sportsman suspension, AFS wheels, ZEX Nitrous 125 shot, and my motor is currently in the process of turning into a 5.0 stroker. Everything except the nitrous instal and the motor build was done by my buddies and I. You'll have more pride in your car if you take it from stock to a modded mach 1. I'm glad I did it. But no matter what way you go you'll be happy, these cars are soo frickin' fun to drive. p.s get a 5 speed
Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #29
MrBalloonHands

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626socalstang View Post
It will be fun and addicting I took mine from stock to SLP long tubes, SLP X-pipe, SLP cat backs, Mose 31 spline axels, Ford Racing limited slip dif, Eibach sportsman suspension, AFS wheels, ZEX Nitrous 125 shot, and my motor is currently in the process of turning into a 5.0 stroker. Everything except the nitrous instal and the motor build was done by my buddies and I. You'll have more pride in your car if you take it from stock to a modded mach 1. I'm glad I did it. But no matter what way you go you'll be happy, these cars are soo frickin' fun to drive. p.s get a 5 speed
Yeah man I'm pretty excited. This will be the first car I actually can garage and baby and take out to have fun. Traded in my 98 GT a year and a half ago. I had a blast in that car and all it had was magnaflow magnapacks. I can't imagine the fun I'll have in the Mach.

I already have some mods picked out. I think im gonna go with electronic cut outs on this one. Been wanting to try it out. Would like to change the cams out too. Probably do some cosmetic things too. Oh and definitely some CAI.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #30
MrBalloonHands

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2730340632.html
Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #31
na svt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteautoMach View Post
The automatic motors have a redline 1000 rpms less and no forged crank! Both trannies kind of suck.
The automatic engine does not have a redline 1000rpm lower than manual trans engines, it's the torque converter that sets the max RPM. Also, the cast crank is a good peice and will last a long time. The forged crank is overkill since the rods and pistons are the constraint to making more power even when matched with a cast crank.

The 4r70 is a decent trans and so is the 3650. How many stock Ford transmissions can get a car into the 11s?

Quote:
Oh and definitely some CAI.
They look good but add no power. If you're wanting more power add a K&N filter and pocket what you save.
na svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #32
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJNTX View Post
I agree. My wife's car is within 5 horsepower of this one. The previous owner had put on Eibach Sportlines, which make the car look great, but the car sits so low and the springs are so stiff, there's on weight transfer when you launch. It's also got 4.10s, which seem to be too much for the rest of the set up. Between the lack of traction, and the gearing, we're stuck in the low 12s right now. BTW, she's at 8lbs of boost, stock clutch, which is hanging in there so far.
Tall, wide slicks on 15" rims! Will kill some gearing and give you some slop for traction. Then you'll start breaking stuff with hard, high rpm launches.
'03 Automatic. No silencer, K&N FIPK, 3450# race weight, drag radials, cat back, custom tune, alum. driveshaft, intake spacer, raised scoop, underdrive pulleys, larger subframe connectors, synthetic engine oil, removed front sway bar, battery to trunk, 2.06 60', 12.99 @ 107.4
WhiteautoMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #33
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Awesome guys! Thanks for all the input. I think all this has me leaning towards buying a basically stock Mach and fixing it up my way. Unless someone on the forum gives me a good price on a modded one. Lol. I found a nice Mach on Craigslist earlier but I'm on my phone so I can't post the link. I'll have to do it when I get to my computer. I'm getting pretty excited to get a Mach.
I'm looking to sell mine after I find another racer. It has 80K miles on it, good condition, runs great but tranny shifts from 5300-6200 from 1st to 2nd and it barely slips at the top of 2nd.
'03 Automatic. No silencer, K&N FIPK, 3450# race weight, drag radials, cat back, custom tune, alum. driveshaft, intake spacer, raised scoop, underdrive pulleys, larger subframe connectors, synthetic engine oil, removed front sway bar, battery to trunk, 2.06 60', 12.99 @ 107.4
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
I'd offer him $11-12K cash.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #35
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 626socalstang View Post
p.s get a 5 speed
No way, autos rule!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #36
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Oh and definitely some CAI.
Waste of $, no power.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #37
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by na svt View Post
The 4r70 is a decent trans and so is the 3650. How many stock Ford transmissions can get a car into the 11s?
Decent not good. Lightning, Cobra, GT-500, '11 GT, GT-40, heavy duty truck and van trannies.........
Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #38
MrBalloonHands

Quote:
I'd offer him $11-12K cash.
Still waiting on the guy to e-mail me back. im probably gonna call him tomorrow. That listing is from Dec. 1 so I suspect that he already sold it. cant hurt to try. But yeah i was hoping to take it for about 12k
Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #39
na svt

Quote:
Decent not good. Lightning, Cobra, GT-500, '11 GT, GT-40, heavy duty truck and van trannies.........
Bus transmissions are stroing too but that doesn't make them good for a car. The old GT-40 and the new Ford GT both have transaxles.

Built 4r70Ws and 3650s can handle a lotta power and have proven to be quire reliable.
na svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:53 AM   #40
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by na svt View Post

Built 4r70Ws and 3650s can handle a lotta power and have proven to be quire reliable.

I'm sure, but I wish Ford would give us good stuff from the factory.