2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Surveys & POLLS

Surveys & POLLS Post Registry-wide gerneral surveys and polls here.

View Poll Results: How do you support
I support our troops and the war (OEF & OIF) 22 45.83%
I support our troops, but don't support the war (OEF & OIF) 23 47.92%
i don't support our troops, but i do support the war (OEF & OIF) 0 0%
I don't support our troops and the war (OEF & OIF) 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

how do you support us???

So i wonder and this isn't to get people being rude going back and fourth or anything like that. i had a older (ret) Marine ask me if i believe in what we are war for (OIF & OEF) you know there is some people that don't support the war, but they support our troops. others support the war and our troops, and etc......

i'm just wanting to figure out what your vote is.

i will say that i support this war, i support our troops

i think for me it has to be with it being very personal for me on many diff levels

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Re: how do you support us???

That’s a difficult question as I have to wonder what we’re trying to do in Afghanistan. Are we “Nation Building” in a country with no national interests or resources? We definitely have too many “boots on the ground” there. Should have stayed a Special Ops War with Air Support, RPV’s, and cruise missiles available on call 24 hours a day. With the exception of getting Bin Laden, we “won” that war in the first 90 days. We spent the next 9 years plus re-battling it to a stalemate trying to Nation Build. The war on religious extremism will never end; we must just be ready to continue the battle in other areas around the globe including at home.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
That’s a difficult question as I have to wonder what we’re trying to do in Afghanistan. Are we “Nation Building” in a country with no national interests or resources? We definitely have too many “boots on the ground” there. Should have stayed a Special Ops War with Air Support, RPV’s, and cruise missiles available on call 24 hours a day. With the exception of getting Bin Laden, we “won” that war in the first 90 days. We spent the next 9 years plus re-battling it to a stalemate trying to Nation Build. The war on religious extremism will never end; we must just be ready to continue the battle in other areas around the globe including at home.
X's 2

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
03BumbleBee

Quote:
X's 3

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Lonestar

Cool Re: how do you support us???

Why we are still at war I would like to know this. We will never change these people and why waste more lives and money. These countries have been at war since Before Christ and you can not change there way of life. A few companies are getting wildly rich off these wars and this has to stop.

LS
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Why we are still at war I would like to know this. We will never change these people and why waste more lives and money. These countries have been at war since Before Christ and you can not change there way of life. A few companies are getting wildly rich off these wars and this has to stop.

LS
Nukem ...and let God sort them out ! We are going to be the next 3rd world country...new poll says 1 out of 6 in the U.S. now live in poverty ! Nuff Said !
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
RedRocket

I support our troops but I think it's time for them to come home now. These countries were fighting before we got there and will continue to fight after we leave. Bring our troops home. Time to clean up our own back yard.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
Nukem ...and let God sort them out ! We are going to be the next 3rd world country...new poll says 1 out of 6 in the U.S. now live in poverty ! Nuff Said !
X's 2

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
kiler be

Quote:
x4
75 Maverick 6cyl, auto ( Mean Machine )
kiler be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
kiler be

Quote:
x4
75 Maverick 6cyl, auto ( Mean Machine )
kiler be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #11
4valve 4tw?

We accomplished a lot of good over there... but no one freakin knows what we are fighting for anymore, and every official and every general is just making crap up as they go along. We are there to rebuild? Fine, then we should be in those isolated areas and not a foot farther but I highly doubt thats the case. All it's done at home is begin to create a huge gap between the high and low income classes. Every newspaper and article says the same thing, the middle class is all but gone.

I def support all the poor younger guys that signed up in the face of patriotism, then got thrown in that sand box for an undecided number of years. My hats off to each and every one of them and hope they get home safe. I do however, have a problem when someone says "they are over there fighting for your freedom." That is far from the case.
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
mach007

Can you support a group of individuals who unknowingly support Imperialism? IDK. They are THE tool of the war machine. In 1973, Henry Kissinger once said " Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Think about it.
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Front LCA poly bushings
Steeda X2's and Bumpsteer
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
275/40/17 & 315/35/17 Nitto NT555R's
mach007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach007 View Post
Can you support a group of individuals who unknowingly support Imperialism? IDK. They are THE tool of the war machine. In 1973, Henry Kissinger once said " Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Think about it.
(LOL) Henry should know. He was drafted into the Army in WWII and actually had an impressive military record during that war.
My 1970 Mach

2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
rcode99

Quote:
(LOL) Henry should know. He was drafted into the Army in WWII and actually had an impressive military record during that war.
Here, here!

"Never slap a man who has a mouthful of chewing tobacco." Will Rogers said that.
rcode99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #15
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Historically every country that has faught Afghanistan, have bankrupted themselves, strangely seems to be the direction we are headed... I support the troops AND the war, this coming from a SSgt that has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. In my tours we have for sure taken out a ton of leadership, however they get another dude in their place a couple days to a week later... its going to take a change in the mindset of every generation of people in that country... tell me how easy that is going to be. Whomever comes up with a plan to make that happen, will end the war.

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #16
94-95-04stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmach302 View Post
So i wonder and this isn't to get people being rude going back and fourth or anything like that. i had a older (ret) Marine ask me if i believe in what we are war for (OIF & OEF) you know there is some people that don't support the war, but they support our troops. others support the war and our troops, and etc......

i'm just wanting to figure out what your vote is.

i will say that i support this war, i support our troops

i think for me it has to be with it being very personal for me on many diff levels

ASh
well i am with you buddy. i support the troops and the war due to similar circumstances on the personal levels. regardless of the situation and if i like it or not those are still EVERYONE'S battle buddies over there giving it their all for this country. and being army i swore in to protect and serve no matter the situation or cause. but thats just my opinion of it.
94-95-04stangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:15 AM   #17
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
:new poll says 1 out of 6 in the U.S. now live in poverty ! Nuff Said !
Yep, got money for war but can't feed the poor. Makes sense huh?
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #18
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOKnGO View Post
......................... If one cant earn enough money in one day to take there kids to Micky D's, they have no business procreating.
For certain segments of the population, procreating has become a business.
My 1970 Mach

Old 11-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
mach007

Quote:
This is a truly bizarre post, as I thought the the US government existed to protect us from ones that would do us harm not feed us. How can we be the most over weight per capita country, and starving at the same time. Research your definition of poor in this country. If one cant earn enough money in one day to take there kids to Micky D's, they have no business procreating.
Now where did you get the idea that government protects it's constituents? History shows us that goverments tend to do the opposite. They do what is necessary to maintain their power abroad and at home. Even if it's under the guise of security. Times are changing including here in the states. Maybe the oath keepers should march into DC and exhile our domestic enemies who hold high ranking positions? Now that's protection that'll be worth fighting for! BTW, I do agree with the rest. ;-)
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Front LCA poly bushings
Steeda X2's and Bumpsteer
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
275/40/17 & 315/35/17 Nitto NT555R's
mach007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #20
np_mach1

Quote:
This is a truly bizarre post, as I thought the the US government existed to protect us from ones that would do us harm not feed us. How can we be the most over weight per capita country, and starving at the same time. Research your definition of poor in this country. If one cant earn enough money in one day to take there kids to Micky D's, they have no business procreating.
You obviously feel the way you do for a reason. And I do for my own.

Are you sure that is all the government does? Security? I will let you redeem yourself becasue that is plain and simple- incorrect.

More and more people in America are living in poverty. Regardless if you think they shouldn't procreate doesn't address the issue. The kids not eating, not getting education, not getting what they should is bothersome. Yet we can pump billions into other countries and we can't take care of our own. So yeah... we have an issue where we can spend our selves silly in wars to occupy or establish allies in the middle east but we can't look locally (**** look in the Allegheny region of our country if you want to see poverty) and take care of each other.

And to touch on the fat asses in our country. Most people know it takes more money to eat healthy than it does to eat the **** we pump ourselves full of every day. All of the sugar, bleached out flour, hydrogenated oils, preservatives... we are killing ourselves. The less aware and less fortunate attribute to the spike in weight because they don’t have the means to change it. Cost of food goes up forcing people to make decisions that ends up costing us more money in just about everything (look at the cost of health care and increased issues steming from weight issues) because people who are making ends meet buy what they can.

Back on topic for me. So this is my definition of poor:

•According to the USDA, over 16 million children lived in food insecure (low food security and very low food security) households in 2010.
•20% or more of the child population in 40 states and D.C. lived in food insecure households in 2009. The District of Columbia (32.3%) and Oregon (29.2%) had the highest rates of children in households without consistent access to food.

20% of our children in 40 states did not have consistent access to food. CONSISTENT! not talking about being able to go to McDonalds... Being able to eat period. WTF is wrong with that picture?

Last edited by np_mach1; 11-14-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #21
np_mach1

Quote:

Thanks for the clarification NP mach1 but your utopia will not be seen in our lifetime. There are simply to many stupid people on this earth. I'm overweight, I know better, but just dont see the advantage of dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's with my dietary intake. I'm in the majority, though recognizably delinquent with my food choices and exercise, I consider myself a free American to be able to eat whatever I want. I'm sure that if Uncle Sam had the means, he would have us all on a dietary regiment that would make you happy. The dietary regiment will be inevitable and enforced in due time, the way that things are going. I'll stand by my statement and add that if anyone is going hungry or starving in this country, it is through there own ignorance. Research the food stamp recipients here in the US and the minimum requirements. We are not third world yet.
You are right, you can make just about any choice on how to live your life as you want.

I feel just as strongly about my statements as I am sure you do. So we can leave it alone.

No disrespect toward you, please know that.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #22
66gam

i am in the Marines and i fully support what we are doing. how can you not? when they came over here and killed over 3000 people.
66gam is offline   Reply With Quote