2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
gerry066

brakes pulling to the right

I went for a cruse today ..and was coming up too a light that has a red light camera ...the fine for running a red is $360 dollars ...so i really stomped on the brakes and too my surprize i all most changed lanes .... the car beside me told me i really pulled too the right ....so my question is do i need new brakes the car only has 9000 miles on it ...does the rooters go bad with time ..thanks for any thoughts
gerry066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: brakes pulling to the right

id suspect the alignment first personally

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

If it only does this braking...Its not the rotors its the pistons sticking in the R Front brake caliper.Bad alignment will pull to one side or the other all the time. This happens alot to cars that have low miles and have not been driven alot for their age.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

youre right that it will pull all the time but Ive gotten in quite a few cars and been like holy crap this thing pulls bad, how does this not bother you? As its slowly gotten worse over time they just dont notice it until they go slam on the brakes and it really dives.

if it tracks relatively straight down a level street then as rich said start looking at that caliper

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
mach03one

If you have a wider than stock tires on the front they can track really strong when you brake. I've noticed it a few times coming to stop lights they will pull into the grooves in the asphalt.

Go and do a brake test on a good flat piece of road and see if it still does it.
MGW shifter, FRP alum DS, FRP cobra clutch, FRP alum FW, 17x9 black 03 cobra wheels, 275x40 NT05, Cut stock springs 3/4 coil front no isos 1 coil rear both isos, MM HD LCA, Bassani CB, JLT RAI, UPR OR X pipe
mach03one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
JoshMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach03one View Post
If you have a wider than stock tires on the front they can track really strong when you brake. I've noticed it a few times coming to stop lights they will pull into the grooves in the asphalt.

Go and do a brake test on a good flat piece of road and see if it still does it.
Or skinnies lol, mine will follow a "tar seam repair" in the road. Easiest way to see if you have a problem is jack or lift the car up. Make sure the RF caliper isn't sticking and the slides move. Push the caliper back and see if you can move it "in and out." Also check that the LF caliper is working. And if you do have a caliper problem, REMEMBER it is always best to replace them in pairs.
JoshMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
gerry066

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach03one View Post

yes your right ..i changed the rims and tires size too 18 inch rims .the asphalt had really bad groves is the road from tractor trailers ...it was the first time the car ever pulled like that ....i should have tried it on a smooth road i have been thinking of changing the rotors and cappillers too slotted and black brembo rotors ...and thanks too every one with your help it is greatly appreciated
gerry066 is offline   Reply With Quote