2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #26
JJPMach1
Red IS the Fastest !!!!

Re: Do you own or rent?

we moved last year.

sold house:
comfortable size, but we were outgrowing it
150x100 lot
6k taxes/yr
private school
would've been paid off in 2018

new house:
twice the size
3.5 acres
twice the taxes
good public schools
will pay off in 2040 when I'm 70 F'in years old!!!!!

I keep saying I like it, but it ain't cheap.
66 Mustang Convertible 289, Currently in my 15th year of this restoration project
Current Mods:
Magnaflow Cat Back system, C&L CAI & MAF, Steeda Shifter, Accufab Throttle Body, UPR firewall Adjuster & Quadrant, IAC Restrictor Plate, Diablo Custom Tune, PHP Intake Spacer, 03 Cobra IRS, Steeda Bushings & 4.10's
Wishlist:
Cams, FR 500 Intake, Port & polish
JJPMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach007 View Post
I don't expect the world to change overnight. It takes time in order to do so. Do I expect a Utopian society once that change is in progress? Nope, but the few bad apples can be reduced.

When you said, "Who the hell knows how much we're really getting screwed with everything we buy or each bill we pay" isn't that what a secret and secluded govt. does to keep it's constituents in the dark? A free and open society on the other hand would be the direct opposite of what you and I don't know. I do blieve it's possible.

Imagine, if the human species were to come together and work as a unit; selfless over selfishness, where we would stand as a species? I can assure you it'll be easier to wipe out issues like world hunger, poverty, disease, homelessness etc. I'm aware that the earth has limited resources, but with technological advancements some of those resources can be bypassed or made more efficiently.

We are consuming ourselves slowly yet no one seems to notice or even care. Just as those upstairs would like us to think.
The society of today is so cold and cutthroat. If I could go back to living like 50 years ago, I would like that because I'm an outgoing person, but the last 20 years has me almost never going out of my way for anyone (except my parents and sister) because I end up getting shafted. Today, it's better off that you never say a word to your neighbors because in alot of cases you end up hating their guts anyway in the end. I moved into my condo 10 months ago and I don't say squat to anyone in my neighborhood. It's sad, but to me it's the right choice. I'm sure the gov. luvs it that way, but it's on a collision course with reality real soon. I won't deny that. We'll be just a ho-hum country like England, France, Italy (Rome), Egypt, and other countries that were once a super power.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #28
mach007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
The society of today is so cold and cutthroat. If I could go back to living like 50 years ago, I would like that because I'm an outgoing person, but the last 20 years has me almost never going out of my way for anyone (except my parents and sister) because I end up getting shafted. Today, it's better off that you never say a word to your neighbors because in alot of cases you end up hating their guts anyway in the end. I moved into my condo 10 months ago and I don't say squat to anyone in my neighborhood. It's sad, but to me it's the right choice. I'm sure the gov. luvs it that way, but it's on a collision course with reality real soon. I won't deny that. We'll be just a ho-hum country like England, France, Italy (Rome), Egypt, and other countries that were once a super power.
Well said TB.

BTW, I just noticed your location and I suppose that's exactly the place we're all in. Our SS number is like a prison number. That's how we're identified. LOL
3/8 Intake Spacer
Super 44's CB
Steeda UDP's
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Swaybar Endlinks
MM Rear LCA's
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Front LCA poly bushings
Steeda X2's and Bumpsteer
MM Poly Swaybar bushings
MM FLSFC's
H&R SS with Poly ISO's
Tokico Dspec's
275/40/17 & 315/35/17 Nitto NT555R's
mach007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #29
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach007 View Post
Well said TB.
BTW, I just noticed your location and I suppose that's exactly the place we're all in.
It's loosely government based. I work at the post office. I had to walk out the door 2 hours early today because I was so pizzed off. I hate that place with all my heart and soul. I more than do my job, but that's not enough for them. They want to work you till you drop.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 06-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #30
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Quote:
It's loosely government based. I work at the post office. I had to walk out the door 2 hours early today because I was so pizzed off. I hate that place with all my heart and soul. I more than do my job, but that's not enough for them. They want to work you till you drop.
Quit your whining and buck up.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #31
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
Quit your whining and buck up.
Believe me. I was'nt whining at work. I was chewing azzes. They're gutless.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #32
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Quote:
Believe me. I was'nt whining at work. I was chewing azzes. They're gutless.
We need to have a coffee get together.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote