2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted

Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted Looking for a Mustang or Part or have one for sale? Post it here!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
cobraguy

WTT or SELL 04 Cobra IRS for Built SRA

I'm looking to trade my low mile 15k mi stock IRS for a built SRA. would like 3:73's but im not too picky.

Would like to do a straight up trade for one that has upgraded axles, posi and bushings at least.

My IRS is complete brake to brake. so i'm looking for a similiar SRA with uppers and lowers.

Outright sale price is 1,000$ OBO

Im located in michigan.

Last edited by cobraguy; 01-30-2011 at 02:23 PM.
cobraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
cobraguy

Re: WTT 04 Cobra IRS for Built SRA

Bump will also sell outright for 1,000 Cash.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
SHAKN' 04

someone just posted they want an irs for their solid

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=110781
-Full Exhaust (mac lts & xpipe, sss terminator c/b)
-Built Rear w/ 3.55 gears

[B]-Tuned by Lethal Performance of San Antonio
-510hp/478tq
SHAKN' 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
dino

i wouldn't be picky either if i were trading a stock IRS for a built SRA. lol.

stock for stock = even trade, all day long...
dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
cobraguy

ha no it's not... at all. Irs is a way better unit. for starters "31 spline vs 28 lol"
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #6
SHAKN' 04

when I did the swap, it was straight up. no $$ involved. SRA is best for track and IRS for road/coarse. IRS may have the 31 spline/carrier, but it won't take much abuse on the track as a SRA. broken halfshafts, wheel hop etc. IMHO, I wouldn't pay 1penny for an IRS swap unless it was actually built, level 5 shafts, IRS brace, bushings etc. good luck finding a SRA, there's people out there that would be interested
-Full Exhaust (mac lts & xpipe, sss terminator c/b)
-Built Rear w/ 3.55 gears

[B]-Tuned by Lethal Performance of San Antonio
-510hp/478tq
SHAKN' 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
cobraguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino View Post
silly cobra ego at its finest.
It's simple math and knowing the market. obviously you know neither..

to shakn I know it's just about waiting around i really wouldnt want anyone to have to pay money on top, but im def not going to trade stock for stock. considering a stick axle is worth considerably less.

I would love to retain the IRS but IRS and 700tq do not mix at all.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #8
dino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraguy View Post
It's simple math and knowing the market. obviously you know neither..
hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. yeah, ok.

if it's simple math that a stock, failure-prone IRS is worth the same as a built new edge SRA, how come i sold my stock mach rear with a set of UPR uppers and lowers for notably more than what i have in a 4:10'd, billetflow brace'd, IRS complete with diff bushings, upgraded bilsteins, and H&R race springs? and i still have parts left over from the SRA setup.

stock for stock is fair trade. if either have mods, other should have like mods or compensate.

:rollseyes:

now if you wanna trade a COMPLETE IRS setup(full assembly with good shocks, springs, and catback) for JUST a built rear(IE: a leaded axle housing with brakes, no suspension/exhaust)...i could see that being fair.

i'll likely end up with a 31 spline'd 3:73'd '02 GT rear soon, with UPR uppers and lowers and pro kit springs attached. no way in hell would i trade that for a bone stock IRS.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #9
cobraguy

Quote:
hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. yeah, ok.

if it's simple math that a stock, failure-prone IRS is worth the same as a built new edge SRA, how come i sold my stock mach rear with a set of UPR uppers and lowers for notably more than what i have in a 4:10'd, billetflow brace'd, IRS complete with diff bushings, upgraded bilsteins, and H&R race springs? and i still have parts left over from the SRA setup.

stock for stock is fair trade. if either have mods, other should have like mods or compensate.

:rollseyes:

now if you wanna trade a COMPLETE IRS setup(full assembly with good shocks, springs, and catback) for JUST a built rear(IE: a leaded axle housing with brakes, no suspension/exhaust)...i could see that being fair.

i'll likely end up with a 31 spline'd 3:73'd '02 GT rear soon, with UPR uppers and lowers and pro kit springs attached. no way in hell would i trade that for a bone stock IRS.

It's not Failure prone at all.. Is it weak in drag racing applications stock? yes it is. But as a whole it's a much better unit than a SRA. Otherwise you stick axle guy's wouldnt want them! You say new edge SRA like my IRS is ancient... it's the newer technology to the mustang.

The only reason and i mean the ONLY reason we swap to Solid is to support high HP drag racing and because get this.... it's cheaper to fix broken parts! what!? Cheaper u say? yes if your so smart you would know SRA is much cheaper to build and replace components. a Stock IRS is worth more than a Stock SRA. plain and simple.

Sure it's completely up to the people trading to determine what it's worth to them.

Your statement that your 28 spline SRA with some ok uppers and lowers is worth more than a bushing'd brace's IRS is just retarded. You may of had less in the setup but that's not the norm at all. A bushing kit new cost's as much as a stock SRA does.

Sounds like your just a little butt hurt that ur stuck in a mach 1 and not a
cobra. Jump on the cobra guy cuz he's got a better built car from ford.

Just because some people care to just get rid of the IRS cheaply doesnt mean that's the going rate. I know a lot of guys who have sold their IRS's for over $1,000 "and those were stock"
Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #10
dino

Quote:
It's not Failure prone at all.. Is it weak in drag racing applications stock? yes it is. But as a whole it's a much better unit than a SRA. Otherwise you stick axle guy's wouldnt want them! You say new edge SRA like my IRS is ancient... it's the newer technology to the mustang.

by new edge, i meant 99-04. didn't mean anything to do with when the style of rear was first introduced. not failure prone? a diff cover that likes to grenade itself at anything over 400hp on a good tire or the slightest bit of wheel hop. joint boots that don't last well, and certainly don't last as long on seals on a SRA. what goes bad on a SRA? hm...axles if you're not using the right ones for your power/tires. and seals/bearings once you get to 75-100k+ miles(depending on history). only reason i want an IRS is for a nice cruiser, and because i've never owned an IRS car. i'll try anything once, twice if i like it.

The only reason and i mean the ONLY reason we swap to Solid is to support high HP drag racing and because get this.... it's cheaper to fix broken parts! what!? Cheaper u say? yes if your so smart you would know SRA is much cheaper to build and replace components. a Stock IRS is worth more than a Stock SRA. plain and simple.

only worth what someone is willing to pay. and i see both stock setups going for same price on average.

Sure it's completely up to the people trading to determine what it's worth to them.

Your statement that your 28 spline SRA with some ok uppers and lowers is worth more than a bushing'd brace's IRS is just retarded. You may of had less in the setup but that's not the norm at all. A bushing kit new cost's as much as a stock SRA does.

i said diff bushings, not the full FTBR delrin kit. geeze.

Sounds like your just a little butt hurt that ur stuck in a mach 1 and not a
cobra. Jump on the cobra guy cuz he's got a better built car from ford.

sounds like you just need to shut up about what you think you know about me. never owned a mach, never wanted to spend the money. will never own a termi, because i don't wanna be labeled as one of 'those' guys(you know, like you are showing yourself to be right now.) i stick with cheap play toys, that if i break, i don't care, i can rebuild/mod/enjoy on the cheap. that currently is 97 cobra roller that i'm building from pretty much scratch and a 2000 4v car that i got half-way done.

Just because some people care to just get rid of the IRS cheaply doesnt mean that's the going rate. I know a lot of guys who have sold their IRS's for over $1,000 "and those were stock"
let me know where they're selling for that much, i'll gladly pick up the numerous broken ones local, fix them, sell them to those guys, and make serious bank. maybe then i'll be willing to drop the coin on a termi so i can be cool like you. i just hope someone will swap me a built SRA for my bone stock IRS when i make 700 tq.
anybody else smell something burning? smells like....ego.

FYI, i really enjoy a good debate. i really don't enjoy someone who flat out thinks they're better than everyone else and their **** don't stink. i guarantee your **** stinks.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
cobraguy

Quote:
anybody else smell something burning? smells like....ego.

FYI, i really enjoy a good debate. i really don't enjoy someone who flat out thinks they're better than everyone else and their **** don't stink. i guarantee your **** stinks.

I dont consider myself better than any person at all. just seems like you can't afford a better car so u just try troll.

Also please don't buy a TERMINATOR. yes, that's what it's called not "termi" that's the gayest **** ever. stick to your older "more personalized cars"

show me a for sale thread of a Stock SRA that sold for anything near what an Avg IRS sold for. and i don't mean the fluke sale by someone who didnt care or didnt know what it was really worth.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
dino

Quote:
I dont consider myself better than any person at all. just seems like you can't afford a better car so u just try troll.

Also please don't buy a TERMINATOR. yes, that's what it's called not "termi" that's the gayest **** ever. stick to your older "more personalized cars"

show me a for sale thread of a Stock SRA that sold for anything near what an Avg IRS sold for. and i don't mean the fluke sale by someone who didnt care or didnt know what it was really worth.
see there you go again showing you're better than me by telling me i can't afford a TERMI. i can, if i wanted one. they're in the same price range as my STI. i bought the STI because i wanted to try something different. and will be selling it soon to try something else.

can't call it termi? instead you want it something named after a shitty arnold movie from the early 90's? so much better.

i sell mach rears, bare, for 350ish on a semi-regular basis. 300 if it has higher miles. that's bare, no brakes, arms, shocks, springs, or exahust, nothing. the other parts add to about 2-250 dollars worth of stuff for stock used/aftermarket replacements. complete dropout IRS' rotor to rotor with calipers bring about 5-600 on avarage. math is friend.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
cobraguy

hahaha 5-600 avg is soo off. avg right now is closer to 8-900. full setups brake to brake.

And TERMI sounds like a child's play toy. call it an 03-04 cobra then. You know what it doesnt even matter what u call it... u dont have one. And calling it a TERMI just makes you sound stupid so w/e.

Get out of my thread, get a life
Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #14
AaronK

You guys need to chill out. If the OP waits long enough, he might find someone who will trade. I agree that his asking price is a high but there's always deals to be found/made.

This is coming from a guy that has an 03 cobra, has had 2 different IRS's in there and a fully built solid as well... I also own a Mach 1 that has had 2 different solids and an IRS under it.

OP, know that you're asking a little much and it make take a while to sell. I think you'd be more likely to find a trade with a slightly modified or stock solid setup... either way, just be patient and I'm sure you'll find something you're happy with.
AaronK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
cobraguy

yea it's more of a trade thread anyway's that price is a starting point that's all.

I'm looking for a SRA with at least 31 spline axles
Old 02-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #16
DarkMach1

OP must have a few loose screws because of the wheel hop if he thinks anyone in there right mind is gonna agree to a trade like this, especially someone who took the time to build an SRA from top to bottom to take track abuse. OP, like you said, its simple math, you have a used and abused IRS which YOU value at $1000, lets say you can find a used stock SRA with all the parts necessary for $500 + $260 for 31spline trac-lok+ $275 for moser 31spline+ $95 for a master diff bearing kit= $1130 and thats if you keep the gears it came with and the shitty stock girdle, stock uppers and lowers(which Im not sure if you're asking for an aftermarket pair) AND that you did the work yourself. Does that really sound like an even trade???? So if you think the IRS is a better unit then keep it. I've driven my buddies GTO multiple times and in US roads now a days(at least the ones by my house) I can barely feel the difference between his IRS and my fully built SRA, and please we're talking about car parts so dont bring that "my car is better than yours BS" save it for SVTP.

Good luck with the trade.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Current
DarkMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
sideways03
LS What?

I wanted to throw it out there that I know someone who just sold a complete IRS with brace for $1000 last week.

Last edited by sideways03; 02-04-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: nevermind
sideways03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
DarkMach1

^He put OBO after someone mentioned that a built sra should not be an even trade vs a stock used IRS. Im just presenting some info so he can find someone to trade him quicker. Im NOT looking to trade or for any IRS, but then again Im sure you're not either so why are YOU in this thread?

2007 Trailblazer SS- Current
DarkMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #19
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

If there is interest in the rear end this guy has for sale, then post up. Otherwise, leave it be.

Only warning.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #20
cobraguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMach1 View Post
OP must have a few loose screws because of the wheel hop if he thinks anyone in there right mind is gonna agree to a trade like this, especially someone who took the time to build an SRA from top to bottom to take track abuse. OP, like you said, its simple math, you have a used and abused IRS which YOU value at $1000, lets say you can find a used stock SRA with all the parts necessary for $500 + $260 for 31spline trac-lok+ $275 for moser 31spline+ $95 for a master diff bearing kit= $1130 and thats if you keep the gears it came with and the shitty stock girdle, stock uppers and lowers(which Im not sure if you're asking for an aftermarket pair) AND that you did the work yourself. Does that really sound like an even trade???? So if you think the IRS is a better unit then keep it. I've driven my buddies GTO multiple times and in US roads now a days(at least the ones by my house) I can barely feel the difference between his IRS and my fully built SRA, and please we're talking about car parts so dont bring that "my car is better than yours BS" save it for SVTP.

Good luck with the trade.

well My IRS is not "abused" it has 15k miles on it haha.

and i put OBO cuz thats what it is. not because u said anything.

Theres a slight difference between a stock IRS and a built solid, when u make over 700 hp.. So i know what i need and i know what these go for. So it seems like u guys are just butt hurt that your vehicle components are not equal.

So chill out and if u don't want to buy or trade just GTFO