2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 07-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #26
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Re: Its on like donkey kong... First steps to getting the F1a tuned.. tears of sad/jo

Yea, how about an update, I'm interested since I may be there shortly.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #27
UrbanKnight

Re: Its on like donkey kong... First steps to getting the F1a tuned.. tears of sad/jo

It has been a very slow process..... Nothing to report as of yet. Car has been sitting at the shop for 3 weeks now... Hopefully end of this week....
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
Furinox

Hate to say it man, but sounds like your tuner doesn't know what he is doing.

If the car was previously tuned with that exact setup then it can be again. The maf didnt magically decide it cant read as high anymore.

Your best bet would be to get ahold of the tuner who tuned it previously and get the tune file and then modify it for the pump gas.

Also did I read correctly that you made 21psi at only 5400 rpm and didnt even break 500 rwhp? Most people hit 12-14 to make right under 500.

Don't get me wrong, looks like an amazing car, but I'd take it somewhere else.
Furinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #29
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

It might be worth a tow to Justin at VMP.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
UrbanKnight

Finally got her back... Lots of small issues that we were workingt hrough the past few weeks....

Car is back home, and about to go under the knife again, but this should be a short and sweet fix..

One of our issues was that we retuned for pump and meth was that I am maxing out the current fuel system (which is what is being changed in the next week) as its more my BAP and FPDM that were giving us fits.., thermal limiting and such....)

O yeah, almost forgot, the results....

At 15* of timing and fuel system maxed- running 23 psi at peak..........

635rwhp/526 torque...

Going to a return style fuel system and we are going to retune, feeling confident that we can do 660-670 or so to the wheels with 19* of timing....

THis is with stock heads/cams....

Car runs and drive like stock (minus the 747 taxi-ing down the runway sound

Stay tuned.. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 08-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #31
TheBlkMach1
Cobra killer.

Nice! You're putting down better numbers than I did with race gas! I'm assuming the BAP and/or FPDM was the A/F culprit?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #32
UrbanKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlkMach1 View Post
Nice! You're putting down better numbers than I did with race gas! I'm assuming the BAP and/or FPDM was the A/F culprit?
Correct- We tried two different FPDM's ( since I have the turbo car to scrounge parts off of)

We feel its the BAP- It gets hot enough to cook on.. I was on the phone with Lethal today talking fuel, tomorrow I order!

With more fuel, I can bump the timing and get a few more safe ponies out of him.... Like he needs anymore, but hey, why not, its a toy!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #33
lxh89

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
Correct- We tried two different FPDM's ( since I have the turbo car to scrounge parts off of)

We feel its the BAP- It gets hot enough to cook on.. I was on the phone with Lethal today talking fuel, tomorrow I order!

With more fuel, I can bump the timing and get a few more safe ponies out of him.... Like he needs anymore, but hey, why not, its a toy!
Interesting that the BAP was running hot. By chance, have you done a wire upgrade to the pumps ?

I currently have 8# from the battery to the BAP, #10 to the FPDM from the BAP and two #10 for positive/ground from the FPDM to the pumps. I piggy backed the factory wiring (14#) from the FPDM to the pumps so its technically similar to a 8# wire from a resistance perspective.

Tony

03 Oxford White Mach 1 - SOLD
1.72 60',10.932@131.60MPH, 3800# Raceweight
lxh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #34
UrbanKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxh89 View Post
Interesting that the BAP was running hot. By chance, have you done a wire upgrade to the pumps ?

I currently have 8# from the battery to the BAP, #10 to the FPDM from the BAP and two #10 for positive/ground from the FPDM to the pumps. I piggy backed the factory wiring (14#) from the FPDM to the pumps so its technically similar to a 8# wire from a resistance perspective.

Tony
No wiring upgrade at all.. Was going to be my next move in addition to twin FPDM's..

Instead, I upgraded and ordered a return style setup from Lethal today, so it will soon be a thing of the past...
Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #35
lxh89

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
No wiring upgrade at all.. Was going to be my next move in addition to twin FPDM's..

Instead, I upgraded and ordered a return style setup from Lethal today, so it will soon be a thing of the past...
That might have contributed to the heat in the BAP...I've honestly not noticed any heat issues on the BAP. I pretty much drive around with it turned to 50% all the time...

Tony

03 Oxford White Mach 1 - SOLD
1.72 60',10.932@131.60MPH, 3800# Raceweight
lxh89 is offline   Reply With Quote