2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 04-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
nastynate_03

hp tt kit

ok so i ordered a twin 57mm kit from hp in nov. they are suppost to have it done next week!! anyways i was wondering about my motor and how its goin to respond to boost? hpp built the motor 5.0 stroker with comp stage two n/a cams,flat top pistons and every mod money can buy thrown in the mix. i was a strictly nitrous guy so i dont know squat about these turbo kits?? ive heard that the cams i have and compression ratio arent ideal for the twins. i dont mind running race fuel since i put about 20 miles a month on the car. but i want to lay down some ridiculous numbers i was wondering how hard it would be to get this thing to pump out 700-900 hp?? any input would be great thanks

nate (p.s. im puttin an return style fuel system in it)
-stainless steel valves
-comp stage 2 cams
-LT's & o/r x-pipe
-SLP lm1's
-ati dampner
-billet gears
-jlt cai
-mezierre e/wp
-php intake spacer
-accufab t/b
-sct 2 custom tuning
-hp twin 57mm turbos on the way!!!
return style fuel system
nastynate_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
icutice2
twinturbomach

Re: hp tt kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate_03 View Post
ok so i ordered a twin 57mm kit from hp in nov. they are suppost to have it done next week!! anyways i was wondering about my motor and how its goin to respond to boost? hpp built the motor 5.0 stroker with comp stage two n/a cams,flat top pistons and every mod money can buy thrown in the mix. i was a strictly nitrous guy so i dont know squat about these turbo kits?? ive heard that the cams i have and compression ratio arent ideal for the twins. i dont mind running race fuel since i put about 20 miles a month on the car. but i want to lay down some ridiculous numbers i was wondering how hard it would be to get this thing to pump out 700-900 hp?? any input would be great thanks

Yes you will want the return system. If you think they will have you kit when they say will hahahahahah, mine came four moths after it was promised. You should not have a problem hitting those numbers.. Also is your tuner though
RETURN FUEL SYSTEM
80LBS INJECTORS
FULL RACE SUSPENSION
18LBS DUAL WASTEGATE SPRINGS
TWIN 62MM THROTTLE BODY
KENNY BELL BAP AND BAS
MAFIA BIG AIR CHIP
AND MORE FUN STUFF
PUMP GAS 776RWHP 16LBS BOOST
C-16 RACE 981 RWHP 20LBS BOOST

I RACE CROTCH ROCKETS FOR FUN
icutice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
nastynate_03

well manny at hpp will tune it and judging from my n/a numbers i think he knows what hes doing n/a car made 405 hp and 379 lb pounds of torque on a 100+ degree weather. now i already had some 80 lb injectors with the kit and by stock manifold i assume your referring to the the intake manifold and yes it will stay stock ported by orange blast.thanks anymore info keep it coming guys. oh and yes i have a 3650 in it im going let it blow up and then go with a viper spec. heard turbo's love the auto but its just a nasty street car so i love to drive the stick. thanks

nate
-stainless steel valves
-comp stage 2 cams
-LT's & o/r x-pipe
-SLP lm1's
-ati dampner
-billet gears
-jlt cai
-mezierre e/wp
-php intake spacer
-accufab t/b
-sct 2 custom tuning
return style fuel system

Last edited by nastynate_03; 04-23-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: just
Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
chernandez88

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate_03 View Post

Thanks to Matt and some others that gave me tips I was able to do this the right way for a stock bottom end. Theres little things you got to do. If I were you I would get my whole fuel system from lethal performance. They sell a great return style kit with fore precision hat which is a direct fit to your car. Also you might have little fitment issues just like every kit. Not big ones but little things. As soon as you get the kit make sure all the stuff are there HP forgets hardwares and things like that. Also if you get lucky your car won't smoke at all but if you do your going to need a scavenge pump. Matt gave me the ideas on the pump since the beginning and the car does not smoke at all. Also if your looking to make between 700-900 hp which is what I want. There is alot of stuff to do like transmission, driveshaft, many things. My advice get talk with Matt if he is willing to give you advices on do's and don'ts so you only do it once and not many times. Hey Matt thanks for the help. Car is ready to go. Here is a picture.
chernandez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
bullitt784

saw your car at revolution getting that kit installed. i'm jealous
Old 04-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
chernandez88

Lol thanks man. Luke is a hell of a guy and alberto is doing an awesome job! But I took them the right stuff and luckily they had very little fitment issues with the kit. Without motor and tranny its already big bucks but man it looks good!
Old 04-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
nastynate_03

to tell you the truth i dont want to mess with the headaches im trailering the mach strait to hpp in lewisville and they will mess with everything including fuel,drivetrain and tuning so. thanks

nate
-stainless steel valves
-comp stage 2 cams
-LT's & o/r x-pipe
-SLP lm1's
-ati dampner
-billet gears
-jlt cai
-mezierre e/wp
-php intake spacer
-accufab t/b
-sct 2 custom tuning
return style fuel system
Old 04-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
chernandez88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
Good luck!
LoL...Im with you on this one. Good Luck there!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #9
nastynate_03

they fixed my mmr crate motor,did a hell of a job and in a respectable time frame so im definately going back. screw mmr!!!!

nate
-stainless steel valves
-comp stage 2 cams
-LT's & o/r x-pipe
-SLP lm1's
-ati dampner
-billet gears
-jlt cai
-mezierre e/wp
-php intake spacer
-accufab t/b
-sct 2 custom tuning
return style fuel system
Old 04-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
icutice2
twinturbomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernandez88 View Post
Thanks to Matt and some others that gave me tips I was able to do this the right way for a stock bottom end. Theres little things you got to do. If I were you I would get my whole fuel system from lethal performance. They sell a great return style kit with fore precision hat which is a direct fit to your car. Also you might have little fitment issues just like every kit. Not big ones but little things. As soon as you get the kit make sure all the stuff are there HP forgets hardwares and things like that. Also if you get lucky your car won't smoke at all but if you do your going to need a scavenge pump. Matt gave me the ideas on the pump since the beginning and the car does not smoke at all. Also if your looking to make between 700-900 hp which is what I want. There is alot of stuff to do like transmission, driveshaft, many things. My advice get talk with Matt if he is willing to give you advices on do's and don'ts so you only do it once and not many times. Hey Matt thanks for the help. Car is ready to go. Here is a picture.

Thank you. Im glad your car is working out. I wish I had someone to answer the questions for me when I got started or found this website. I would have save so much money time and car down time. You car looks great, you listened and did not let you ego get in the way which is the best part. I alsways asked wild bill if I couldnt figure it out and hes always been great to me...Matt
RETURN FUEL SYSTEM
80LBS INJECTORS
FULL RACE SUSPENSION
18LBS DUAL WASTEGATE SPRINGS
TWIN 62MM THROTTLE BODY
KENNY BELL BAP AND BAS
MAFIA BIG AIR CHIP
AND MORE FUN STUFF
PUMP GAS 776RWHP 16LBS BOOST
C-16 RACE 981 RWHP 20LBS BOOST

I RACE CROTCH ROCKETS FOR FUN
icutice2 is offline   Reply With Quote