2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Buyer/Seller Feedback Post your buying/selling feedback with members here. Not a Bashing forum.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #76
nicksmachy

Re: Fastbandit99 sold a crap tuner

Yeah, the foreign country thing seems weird. SCT won't even acknowledge me asking them about it in our ongoing emails.

Nevertheless, thats not the issue. Its not a matter of why it didn't work. All that matters is that it didn't connect to the laptop and was not recognized and couldnt be updated (SCT says the firmware is out of date). He tried to update, but to no avail and I can't even get it to install on my laptop to try myself. Yes, I've installed a buddy's livewire on a computer before so I know how to do it.

Bottom line, its not what I thought I was purchasing. Fastbandit has offered a refund, and I'm going to take him up on it.

And M1M, I don't see how you can just say you don't believe the story of the shop (other than maybe the foreign country thing). I can show you an email where SCT acknowledges talking to Pete. Either way, you are entitled to your opinion (as I have seen in other threads haha).
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
Custom Tune Performance Dyno
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
nicksmachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #77
nicksmachy

Here's the latest email from SCT....

The error he received in Advantage suggested that it was from another country. After confirming the version of the firmware we know that it is not from another country.

Thanks, Rudy

SCT Tech Support

So, clearly we talked to SCT. Initially we were told it was from another country. So you can see how and why I had the reaction I did.

However, that still does not solve the problem we have. I just wanted people to be updated and know the situation.

Fastbandit, sorry for thinking it wasn't from this country and that you knew about it.

I would still like the offered refund.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #78
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
There's a simple reason why it isn't the same...he doesn't really want the tuner and is doing you a favor by offering a refund. He has every right to tell you that it's your problem but he is trying to take care of you. You are more likely to get what you want by cooperating.

I wonder why you don't want SCT to fix it when the seller is willing to pay for the fix. That makes me wonder if something happened to the tuner while you had it or if you were trying to switch his good tuner out for a bad one. I wouldn't send you a dime until I verified that the tuner was in the same condition that I sent it out. Not trying to make you out to be a bad guy, but remember that the seller doesn't know you either however he has an established reputation on this site to uphold while you are still fairly new here.

This very thing has been bothering me all day. I have a feeling that Nick bought this tuner to use on his friends car. I see that Nick was looking for a tuner to buy for a friends car on another thread. The friend has already told us that he has had bad luck getting a tuner to work with his car. We have no proof that there is anything wrong with the tuner. Nick has posted pictures of it working in his car. SCT has been giving him support and told Nick that they will update it for $65. I offered to refund $65 to cover this cost and Nick refused. This does not make sense to me. I cannot understand why Nick would not take this route. I feel it is because the unit is not compatible with the focus. A factory refurbished unit for the price Nick paid would be hard to find. Nick and freind have admitted that your tuner has messed with the firmware in the unit. For all these reasons I have withdrawn my offer a full refund. I will refund $65 only to cover the factory service.

Last edited by Fastbandit99; 04-08-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Fastbandit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #79
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

Also he friend has been pushing for me to refund fully and balked the $65 offer multiple times.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #80
nicksmachy

Wow, here he is going back on his word. I did not buy this tuner for use on his focus. I have a mach 1 that I want to use it on. If you notice, the thread for an xcal2 for my friend was created BEFORE I found out this tuner was crap. Kinda ruins that theory huh? And why would I pay $380 for a tuner for my friend and not for myself? Again, plenty of holes in your thinking. I already proved that I was telling the truth about what we were told. I can prove that it doesnt work next time I get the chance to go see Pete and once again I will take pictures and prove you wrong. Do we really have to go through all of that hassle?

My tuner tried to update the firmware, but it didn't work. If that is "messing" with it, then I guess he did. I just don't see how you can rationalize in your own mind that that is wrong.

This unit is not under warranty. If it is messing up now, who says its not going to in the future. I want to buy a brand new one that comes with a warranty for this reason.

04-03-2009, 04:16 PM ----taken straight out of the thread I started for the xcal2. This thread started a few days after.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #81
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmachy View Post
Wow, here he is going back on his word. I did not buy this tuner for use on his focus. I have a mach 1 that I want to use it on. If you notice, the thread for an xcal2 for my friend was created BEFORE I found out this tuner was crap. Kinda ruins that theory huh? And why would I pay $380 for a tuner for my friend and not for myself? Again, plenty of holes in your thinking. I already proved that I was telling the truth about what we were told. I can prove that it doesnt work next time I get the chance to go see Pete and once again I will take pictures and prove you wrong. Do we really have to go through all of that hassle?

My tuner tried to update the firmware, but it didn't work. If that is "messing" with it, then I guess he did. I just don't see how you can rationalize in your own mind that that is wrong.

This unit is not under warranty. If it is messing up now, who says its not going to in the future. I want to buy a brand new one that comes with a warranty for this reason.

04-03-2009, 04:16 PM ----taken straight out of the thread I started for the xcal2. This thread started a few days after.

You never accepted my offer. You refused to send the tuner back therefore you negated the offer. I made a new offer. I will ad $13 to the $65 to cover shipping to SCT. You can sell then if you want and then buy a new one. focus already said it is working, You posted pics of it working. the only claim you have is that it will not connect to your computer. That can be your computers problem. You should have taken my offer the first time I made it.

Take it or leave it
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #82
nicksmachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbandit99 View Post
You never accepted my offer. You refused to send the tuner back therefore you negated the offer. I made a new offer. I will ad $13 to the $65 to cover shipping to SCT. You can sell then if you want and then buy a new one.

Take it or leave it.
If you noticed, earlier today I said I'd take the refund and asked what the plan was. Apparently that isn't accepting.

Seeing as how you want to go back on your word, send the $78 and I will send it out then sell it.

Thanks for all of your help in this situation!
Relax, I'm just jabbing at a bad situation.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #83
nicksmachy

To wrap this thread up....

I hope everyone can see that everything I have said has turned out to be true. The only thing that wasn't true was that it was from a foreign country, but it was true that I was told this. It was not negated until way after.

My good name should still be in tact, as it was just a bad situation.

Fastbandit, say what you want about yourself and the situation, and then we will close this thread.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #84
NHFocus

Just wanted to make this clear as well: nick did not buy the tuner for my car. it's based off the x3 firmware, which i had already discovered did not work with my car...but a different unit is a different unit, so you never know. Nick mentioned he bought a LiveWire, so i figured what the hell, lets give it a shot? and asked if he would try it on my car. (I'd rather go out and buy a LiveWire than an X2, it's a much nicer unit...and money is not the issue, its just getting something to work with my **** car). I've been looking for an X2 for almost a month now, since we had the original problem with my car. Thanks to this forum, I've found one- so thank you.

PS I have already paid for that X2, feel free to monitor that situation if you'd like.
NHFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #85
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmachy View Post
If you noticed, earlier today I said I'd take the refund and asked what the plan was. Apparently that isn't accepting.

Seeing as how you want to go back on your word, send the $78 and I will send it out then sell it.

Thanks for all of your help in this situation!

Relax, I'm just jabbing at a bad situation.
You never agreed to send it first. I will send the $78, what form of payment do
you want?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #86
nicksmachy

Quote:
You never agreed to send it first. I will send the $78, what form of payment do
you want?
Well that's why I asked what the plan was. So we could discuss it. My intentions were to send it back first after I thought about it.

I'll take a money order like I sent to you.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #87
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

For the record I dropped the payment off in our company mail out box today.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #88
nicksmachy

Quote:
For the record I dropped the payment off in our company mail out box today.
Alright, thanks dude
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #89
musclemach
Lockin Yo Thread!!

JERRY,JERRY,JERRY,JERRY ohh this all sucks!!!!
musclemach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #90
nicksmachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemach View Post
JERRY,JERRY,JERRY,JERRY ohh this all sucks!!!!
haha shows over now. Sh!t happens, but its being resolved.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003
Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #91
nicksmachy

Got the money order. $78 like you said. Thanks fastbandit.
K&N FIPK
3/8" intake spacer
MRT Catted h-pipe
Build Date- 7/24/2003