2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:43 PM   #26
Murder Snake

Re: Car buying gone awry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbandit99 View Post
They had to find a way to pay this fine.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...y__6_9_Million
Guess they were trying to get her to help bail them......NOT!!!!
formerly, Frankenstang

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom. Think about it.
"....be the lightning in me that strikes relentless."
"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"
Murder Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #27
Naa-V-Doc

Great thread-

Next time any one goes to a dealership, let them know you are going to V-tape the transaction with your cell phone. No more he said, she said - it's on V-tape

Nothing says priceless as a good clear A/V tape.:THUMBSUP:

Naa-V-Doc, Its Bone Stock
Naa-V-Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #28
Mean04Mustang
2004 mustang Mach 1

When I went to the dealership the last time to buy my expedition I paid in cash. I got a super great deal cause nobody wanted a truck with $4 gal gas. Anyways went in to the same salesman who sold me the Mach and wheel and dealed the price lower. We agreed on price and I counted the money twice in front of him and my wife then made him count it in front of me. All was there. He left to go in the back to finish up the paper work and give me a reciept only to come back about 1 min later saying its missing $100. Went back and forth on how I counted it in front of eryone and he counted too and confirmed amount. He went so far as to look under the desk and around the office and all kinds of crazy sh1t. They tried to get me to rewrite it up $100 bucks less which only means someone wants to pocket free and clear $100. Oh yeah another detail is that since I was working late this happened late as they were closing/closed. Me and my wife go there from time to time and ask if we pay them are they going to loose $100, to the salesmen who happen to ask us if we need help. I dont think I'll buy another from this dealership again. And while this was a bad experience Im very loud, aggresive, and sharp so just a few extra precations can go along way like counting my money and him doing it like we did. More then likely it was the manager and almost always seems to be that way.

MODS:
-JLT Ram Air kit
-Triple Gauge pod (painted to match)
-Colbalt 2 gauges (oil pres. ,water temp, fuel pres.)
-MAC Catted Pro-chambers
-PHP Intake spacer
-SLP Loudmouth II Cat-back
-Diablo Predator custom tune
-Plasma Booster
-NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-MGW Shifter w/ red handle
-Kenny Brown Matrix Subframe System
-Ford Racing Aluminum Drive Shaft
-UPR clutch quadrant extreme w/firewall adjuster
Cant fit anymore
Mean04Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #29
b3warnick

I'd a said "so long a--hole, I'll go spend my money at Brandon Ford"

http://www.brandonford.com/used-inve...ventoryListing

8th one down....$16,900

Or

"Fine...I'll just spend my money over at Bill Currie Ford"
b3warnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #30
Hawkgfr

Ladies and gents...If we can't get a good deal out there now...It can't be done. It is so bad out there there is little incentive for salesmen to even work a sale right now.

It is bad bad bad...and with tactics like we read here not much sympathy either...

I'm looking at an 02 ranger x cab 4wd with 85k on on it...XLT decent but not special. They were asking 11k lol... I offered 6,500...they came back at 7,500. The loan value for that truck is like 4,500...I'm waiting...

You can get a NEW 08 reg cab for 17k with the 4.0 and 4wd...The dealers are just nuts with pricing even on big trucks. So be careful out there...

They are pricing them like there is nothing defferent right now.

05 torrid red/black m/6 GTO (1 of 641)
356 rwhp and 360 torque..(all Stock)....dynoed 2/28/06
by Carolina Auto Masters

Traded 04 oxford white Mach 1, Five speed, IUP, purchased 04/15/04, built 10/29/03, 1 of 697

Some previous cars

three 1965 GTO's, 76,85,01 TA
96 stang GT, 03 HEMI dodge ram
Hawkgfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #31
Naa-V-Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awd This View Post
Chances are I would have attacked him like a wild animal.
Now that's funny!!!

Naa-V-Doc
Naa-V-Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #32
PharmDMach1
Whipple Blown!

http://www.offleaseonly.com/

Always find great deals here. Bought my first Mach from them and couldn't be happier.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #33
RAT
'10 TLAC FS Champion

about 1 min later saying its missing $100.

That's when you call the police! The $100 would surface just in time for you to leave. If they still want to be a jerk about it, you can watch them sweat as the police question them...

2004 Torch Red Mach 1
5 speed IUP
K & N Air Filter
Denso IT16
MM 1/4" wheel spacers
Kumho XS
Mach 1 Floor Mats
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks
Steeda 35 MM Anti-Sway Bar
RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #34
MRS.SHKR
SHAKE ME :D

pfffffft! nice try a-holes...
MRS.SHKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #35
TEXASDSGMACH1
LS WHO?

I have personally met very few car salesman I would deal with. Just recently I bought my vette and drove it 1000 miles back to Texas and on the drive home one of the local dealers where I had looked at another vette called me and told "Mr. Wright I've got some exciting news". I told him don't waste your breath, because I'm driving my new corvette home and I paid 10,000 less than you were willing to sell yours for.

On a side note I had one dealer tell me I should buy a used car from them instead of an individual, because they included a 1,500 mile warranty. He didn't appreciate when I told him his car wasn't worth any where near what he was asking and I didn't give two shits about his warranty.
00 GT with a 4v

Sold, but still in the family
03 DSG Mach

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
TEXASDSGMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #36
MachdUp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstang View Post
Went to take my 75 yr. old mother in law to look at an 06 6 cyl Mustang convertible at a local Ford dealer used lot (she has been waiting for the right car for the right deal for 3 years). 49,000 miles, asking, yes can you believe it....just under $24,000 for the car (can buy a New Bullitt for that which is a specialty GT, not a 6 cyl).
What was that car gold plated? I'd be pissed since the other V6 stangs are selling for less than half the price.

http://www.erniehaireford.com/used-i...seHistory=true

2006 Ford Mustang Premium
2006 Ford Mustang Premium Prices
INTERNET PRICE: $11,888
Call Now: (813) 840-3981 Bodystyle:2 door Coupe Engine:4.0L V6 Transmission:Automatic Ext. Color:Grey Int. Color:Black Mileage:43,074 Stock Number:C000012A VIN:1ZVFT80N565122714
Old 01-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
Murder Snake

I know. That dealership is now in bankruptcy, has a class action suit against them for stuff they were doing and I have been told that other Ford dealers won't deal with them. Hmmmmm, wonder why.
formerly, Frankenstang

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom. Think about it.
"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"
Old 01-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #38
bleed blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
I did something like that once. I was trying to buy a Mustang GT in 1995. I went to the bank, arranged my financing and got a check for $18,000 and went shopping. I tried the big Ford dealership right down the road from my house, which has ALWAYS been a mistake. The salesman was an arrogant, condescending piece of crap to me and my girlfriend. He wouldn't let me put the top down on a convertible (the only car I drove) during the test drive and when my girlfriend asked him about the transmission, he made a smart comment and showed her the visor mirrors instead. Long story short, I bought a lightly used 1995 Cobra at the next place I went to. The only problem was, I felt like I needed some floormats. So I went back to the big Ford dealership right down the street from my house (did I mention that is ALWAYS a mistake?) and parked out front, marched up to his desk and proceeded to ask where the parts department was (even though I knew) because I needed some floormats for my new Cobra. It was Mastercard priceless.
I have a story from the other side of the coin...........I was a car salesman at at Ford/Chrysler/Plymouth dealership (and no I wasn't "one of those" kind of salesman). I love cars and enjoyed selling/talking cars...........anyway, A couple came in and made a absolutly absurd offer on a Voyager. It was several thousand below invoice. Anyway they got broomed and left pi**ed off. Several hours later they came back in driving a brand new Voyager from a different dealership. It was a stripped, base model unlike the one we had been dealing on. They stopped in just to rub it in to us/me that we lost the deal and haha..........I looked at the car and thanked them for their business. Told em my family and I appreciated the contribution to employee profit sharing. I pointed out "the other dealership was also owned by us and the money all went to the same place. Thanks and have a good day!" First and only time I ever saw a Voyager do a (one legged) burnout. I may have lost a $75.00 commision but it was worth it to see their faces.
Corbeau seats
18x9.5 chrome cobra "R"s
285/35ZR18 tires
4.10 gears
Diablosport Predator tune
Nitrogen Filled Tires
Currently in my garage:
1965 Mustang Fastback
1963 Falcon 2 door
2005 Ford Focus ST (my daily driver)
2007 Ford Fusion SEL V-6 FWD (wife's car)
2003 Ford Focus SE (daughter's car)
bleed blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #39
Murder Snake

At one time, when I was in college, went to a Plymouth/Chrysler dealership and a certain car I wanted to order. Went in with cash, had on jeans and a t-shirt and the salesman wouldn't give me the time of day. Told him I had cash and still nothing. Went to a different dealership, told the guy what I wanted, he took me in, wrote it all down, ordered car and thanked me for the business. Told him about the other guy, he laughed, said he learned a long time ago not the judge people by the way they looked or dressed. Money is money.
formerly, Frankenstang