2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Regional Area Forums > US-SouthEast Region

US-SouthEast Region TN, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, AR, LA

Old 04-16-2007, 12:55 AM   #1
vadermach

Moving to Georgia

I am looking for the lowdown on moving to GA. I will be moving in June to Warner-Robins. Yep military. Whats the area like? Any places to stay away from. I will be buying a house there so any gouge would be appreciated. Any mach owners around there to get together? Right now I am stationed in Alaska. Not much time to drive the mach up here. There is actually still snow on the ground. We are going through break-up now.
Suspension Mods: Steeda Strut Tower brace - Steeda Front swaybar - Bilstein HD struts/shocks - MM Caster/Camber plates - MM RLCAs - MM FLSFCs - MM PHB - MM front coil-overs - MM Torque Arm - MM Rear TA springs

Other: FRPP 4.10 gears - TA Diff cover - FR500 Cams - Accufab Throttle body - JBA midlength headers - Matching catted H-pipe - Borla stinger catback - 320rwhp/320tq
Fuel mileage: 25city/28hwy
vadermach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
UmachnMe?
never ending project

Re: Moving to Georgia

Can't help you with what to stay away from down there, but, there will not be snow on the ground with the once in three year exception.
I grew up an hour north of there in Griffin, GA - so - welcome to the south. Mach driving weather every day. Not quite as scenic as Alaska, not nearly as cold, more fire ants, rednecks (including my family), and only a couple hours away from the coast of GA and Jacksonville, FL for really good Mach driving....
Cobra tank with twin GT pumps
BBK Long Tubes, custom O/R X w/ magnaflow mufflers
18"x9" AFS Mach 1 wheels
Dimpled and slotted rotors
MM front coil over kit with Bilstein HD struts
MM adjustable LCAs and adjustable pan hard bar
MM hd torque arm /removed factory upper arms
Rebuilt 3650 / new syncros and shifter forks / Hurst BP
RAM HD 950 dual disk clutch and FRP alum d/s
UmachnMe? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
birdman941
Torque wins!

Lots of Georgia Machers here on the Registry.
Welcome to the South!

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
Lots of Georgia Machers here on the Registry.
Welcome to the South!

Yep, a bunch. Welcome to the herd.

I'm in that area a few times a month, I mostly fly in for a few hours and off again. I do get into Macon some, it seems ok to me but I'm a Southerner by birth and the grace of God.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

There are some great roads there, you will want a sport bike after you are there a while.
Fastbandit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #6
vadermach

A sport bike huh. Yeh I always have to talk myself out of that. The mach's bad enough but I wouldn't last long on a bike. Zero to 100 in nothing. I would be a pancake on the back of a big rig trailer for sure.

I am looking forward to getting back to a state with real roads though. Highways don't exist up here really. Also the mach is stored more than I can drive it which sucks. I like to drive my stangs. This will be my fifth one.

Believe it or not I made a trip up the ALCAN with the mach. She wasn't pretty when I got home but I had some new respect for the gatorbacks after that. They handled the rock roads and pot holes without skipping a beat.
Suspension Mods: Steeda Strut Tower brace - Steeda Front swaybar - Bilstein HD struts/shocks - MM Caster/Camber plates - MM RLCAs - MM FLSFCs - MM PHB - MM front coil-overs - MM Torque Arm - MM Rear TA springs

Other: FRPP 4.10 gears - TA Diff cover - FR500 Cams - Accufab Throttle body - JBA midlength headers - Matching catted H-pipe - Borla stinger catback - 320rwhp/320tq
Old 04-18-2007, 05:34 AM   #7
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Warner Robins is a very rapidly growing community! Houses poping up down there like fleas on a dog! I am not fond of W.R. myself as I lived in Macon most of my life, but if I was stationed at the base for a long extended period of time I would look at houses in Byron, Perry, or Kathleen. They are smaller communities surrounding W.R. and it would get you away from what seems to me as a poor looking town.
Azure Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
vadermach

Thanks for the tip AZUREGIRL. That was my impression of Macon too. I have driven through there on my way to/from Florida but never actually stopped. I will check out the areas you suggested. Poor mach will have to spend a couple of weeks sitting on a trailer during the trip. I don't think I want to abuse her with the ALCAN again. Machs are for driving, especially in the summer.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 PM   #9
BadBlueMach
Young'n

Warner Robins actually is a very nice place....Now you get into Fort Valley and thats bad! I would also recommend Kathleen - Perry since both are only about 10 minutes from War Town. You will be happy to know that alot of people call Warner Robins Mustang Central.
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 - IUP, Automatic, Predator Tuner, K&N CAI, UPR X-pipe and Magnaflow Catback, Metco DS Loop, Steeda Subframe Connectors,Yukon 31 Spl Axles, Yukon DuraGrip, Yukon 4.10 Gears, TA Girdle, Baseline Suspension UCA's and LCA's, Competition Engineering Adj Shocks, Steeda Sport Springs, SSR GT3's!
COMING: Kooks LT's and Xpipe, SCT Dyno tune, and some spray!!!
BadBlueMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:22 AM   #10
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBlueMach View Post
Warner Robins actually is a very nice place....Now you get into Fort Valley and thats bad! I would also recommend Kathleen - Perry since both are only about 10 minutes from War Town. You will be happy to know that alot of people call Warner Robins Mustang Central.
Dead on the money! You can't throw a rock without hitting a Mustang down there. They will want to challenge you!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
vadermach

Does anyone know of a good speed shop near Macon to take the Mach to? While I am stationed there I will probably have some engine work done. I am almost done with the suspension. Next are some SSBC rotors and pads then I start digging in for a little more power. I will probably be putting in a KB 2.2. Its either that or FR500 cams, intake and headers. I am only slightly mechanically inclined so the KB and tune will be done by the professionals. The last thing I need is to screw something up with that install. If I go the KB route is there anything else I should get prior to getting the kit or does the kit come with everything like injectors, mass air meter, fuel/boost pump, etc?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #12
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

There is a shop located in Byron that works on Mustangs exclusively. Its out in the sticks, I'll see if I can locate a name and #. Atlanta may be the best bet, Modular Powerhouse is somewhere up there.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #13
vadermach

Thanks for checking I wanted something a little closer than Atlanta but if I must, then I must.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
AMCSMACH
Respect All, Fear None!

Man your're going to have the best of both worlds. You've got top knotch speed shops around Cordele or just a short drive to ATL. You also are gonna have two very nice 1/4 mile tracks close by, one in Reynolds and one down in Valdosta (act Cecil if you do a search). Welcome to GA and hope you have a safe trip coming down from AK.
Mod List-Steeda Tri-ax, Steeda CAI, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda G Trac Brace, PHP Spacer, Magnaflow X-Pipe, Magnaflow Catback, Hotchkis CC Plates, DS Loop, Moser 28's, 410's w/welded tubes, MM Full Subs, MT ET Streets, SCT Tuner

12.77 @ 111 Mph
1.89 60 ft
AMCSMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:55 PM   #15
vadermach

Well I finally found a house in Kathleen on Houston Lake rd. I saw a couple of stangs in various driveways around the neigborhood which made me feel a little better. Now I am just doing all the paperwork for the closing etc. Anyone from around that area clue me in on the town, major events. It looks like most of the stuff will be in Macon and Atlanta. It was pretty awesome to see the summit shop as I was driving in and out of town. Unfortunately the mach is still intransit so I was driving my jeep. I am hoping to actually move into the house just after the 4th of july holiday.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #16
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Kathleen has grown alot in the past 5-10 years. A bedroom community to Warner Robins. Not sure about the Mustang GTGs in W.R. but I'm sure there should be something going on down there. Macon has a Mustang club, Flag City Mustang Club is the name as I try to remember. Seems they have meetings at Riverside Ford(dealer) in Macon. Its on Riverside Dr. Think the meetings are the 1st or 3rd Thursday of the month. You may try calling the dealer, I think the online sales guru is in charge of that. Welcome to central Georgia!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #17
1stPony
Take No Prisioners

Hi there! I used to live in Ft Valley, not by choice, and it is a horrible place to be. Stay away if you can. The speed shop that specializes in Mustangs is called Mustang Central. I think it is in Byron. The people that run are pretty reliable. There is also a Mustang club to join Middle Georgia Mustangs. I guy named Jeff from the base runs it. My parents still work out at the base but I am in the ATL now. It is hard on the Pony up here with the traffic but I would not trade her for the world!

Build Date: 10/14/03
Purchase Date: 10/30/03

Vanity Plate: 1STPONY
Matte Black Vinyl Bumper Letters
2004 Flaming Pony Grill Emblem
Window Tint (keepin' it legal)
MRT Custom Mach 1 Floor Mats
Borla Stinger Catbacks-Aggressive
1stPony is offline   Reply With Quote