View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #38
MachOneThis

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

An update -

Took the car to the track tonight for my son. Track was absolutely horrible. I did not see one pro car stay it it for a full run. MattN03 from the registry was there in his 13.00 Mach - he was sideways when he hit 2nd and had to lift. I usually dry hop before staging at 5000 RPM - if it hooks real good - I leave higher. Did not even try to hook behind the line so I left below 5000. I spun all the way through 1st & 2nd; even spun a little hitting 4th. Amazingly still pulled off a 12.17 at 112 plus. Yeah go figure - that is what it ran late last fall except MPH was lower (lower horsepower on stock cams) - it also hooked last fall. These cams really do pull much harder - 60 foot was way off - 1.71 - 330' way off (almost a tenth off) - by the 1/8th it had recovered enough from spinning to run 7.70s and finsihed out with the 12.17. I only ran 20 degrees of timing tonight - good thing I did not run more. There is a lot of ET left laying there -

A little about the car -

Race weight was 3460, car has stock intake - throttle body - heads and short block. Stock seats up front - air conditioner still hooked up and working. We drive it to and from the track. Other major mods are full exhaust - C&L CAI - 4.56 gear - Pro Star Rims with ET Streets - front suspension.

Weather

It was cool - 50 degrees, but the barometer sucked - 29.83 - lowest barometer we have seen on TNT - usually 30.15 - 30.30. A few weeks ago the barometer was 30.73, but track closed. Actually good that barometer was low - if it had been higher - just would have spun more.

Guess we will give the track a few more weeks before trying again. They usually scraped it clean every year and it hooks like crap for a few weeks. Of course - would not kill them to give up a little VHT - they think its' gold.
MachOneThis is offline   Reply With Quote