2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted

Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted Looking for a Mustang or Part or have one for sale? Post it here!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Nichepi

4.6L 4V cobra engine for sale-spun bearing- new carillo & JE pistons and eaton SC

I have a 4.6L 4V aluminum block cobra engine for sale, engine had 19,000 miles on it.
Spun the main bearings during a track event when a hicup in the oil gauge accord. Found some metal in the oil pan. Tore off the heads and found nothing in the heads or any place else.
From my engine builder he stated the engine needs new bearings. No issues with the cylinder walls or anything else.
I currently have for sale:
-full long block with cobra intake manifold.
-New carillo rods
-new cobra crank
-new je pistons dished
-03/04 cobra eaton supercharger with throttle body. No lower or inner cooler.

spent over $3500.00 on the parts
Engine only needs new bearings.

I can even hook up some cheap extrude honing possibly on the heads and chrome powder coating for the timing cover and valve covers.
Looking for $7000.00 for everything. Including the above work as long as your in no hurry. Unit is in Michigan. If you in the michigan area I can probably help deliver the unit this weekend or someone in the virginia area. If your on the 80/90 turnpike going from Michigan to DC I'll deliver for no additional charge. You would just need an engine hoist to get it off the truck. Would need to know by this weekend. I can take paypal or Credit Cards. Please email with questions don't PM, its much faster. Sales@nichepi.com

Nichepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
MyLittlePony
OG Mach1Misfit

Re: 4.6L 4V cobra engine for sale-spun bearing- new carillo & JE pistons and eaton SC

You're smokin crack if you think someone wants your nigthmare fro so much money.
MyLittlePony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Nichepi

Re: 4.6L 4V cobra engine for sale-spun bearing- new carillo & JE pistons and eaton SC

man crack is wack and I pass on grass
I'm open to offers. I've seen much worse engines being offered so the statement that this is a nightmare is far from the truth.
I'm pretty firm on the new parts and what i want from them but I am open to offers including the engine setup. I was going to take the initiative and go ahead and get the heads Extrude honed quite soon.
But you should know how it goes, sellers aim high why buyers low ball and you aim some where in the middle.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
juno
Marauder

Any real info on the motor? Like dish of the pistons, diameter of the pistons, any head work, what kind of bolting, etc?
juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
Nichepi

Sorry I haven't made many updates on this site, I've had more conversation on the corral.

Update on this, I tore down the engine this weekend and photographed all the parts. So far I all I found was a couple rod bearings that needed replaced. All cylinder walls were smooth, crankshaft was fine and smooth as well, cylinder heads were fine as well. So for the most part I think I over reacted on the level of damage just from the metal shavings I found in the pan.
Heads are off to get extruded, I'm going to install new crank and main bearings while everything is apart and sell probably next month after the heads return. From from the photos and what I see this engine is not really damaged and only needed some new bearings.
Not sure when I'll be back to Mi next but anyone interested in the engine is welcome to come look. I'll post pics, anyone looking for hi res pics let me know and I'll email them to you.

Just got a new 04 cobra engine for so this should be sitting.
The dark spots on the pistons are actually spots where I cleaned carbon deposits off. The camera flash has made this look like rust but its actually the reflection of the piston itself.
This engine looks almost new inside with no wear inside.

I'm hoping to have the engine rebuilt in the coming 2 weeks. So it will have new rod bearings, extrude honed heads and I'll have to purchase frpp's head changing kit, and everything else will be stock cobra setup with intake.

Considering I don't feel theirs any damage from inspection and just flakes from some rod bearings I will be selling the engine as a complete block once back together, and then the je pistons, carillo rods and cobra crank as a seperate rotating assembly kit.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
GRB60

Holy oversized photos, Batman!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
Nichepi

Ya I know there big, I didn't size these down for the reason that people would want as big of a picture of the internals as possible to make a determination of the "so called damage". If I had made them to small or sized them down I'd get 50 pm's or emails asking for bigger pictures. Or that i'm providing such small photos that I'm some how trying to deceive potential customers.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
juno
Marauder

Are those Flat top pistons? Any overbore?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
Nichepi

Its all OEM. Flat top pistons and no over bore.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #10
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

How much you want for just the pistons? lol
04azuremach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #11
juno
Marauder

Am I missing something? The pics and the first post say the pistons are dished.

Your later pics show flat top pistons.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #12
bullitt3350

those are stock rods in the pic also... i think thats just the block and crank he is using for the build
bullitt3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #13
Nichepi

The new je pistons are dished, everything you see on the block is stock.