2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "Show" Discussions > Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons

Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons Found any cool accessories for your Mach 1? NON Performance add-ons.

Old 09-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #1
moodym

Instruction for UPR SS Radiator Cover

Hi folks,
I don't think this information has been posted before. Please excuse me if it has. However, I would sure liked to have had this information myself last week vice learning the hard way.

UPR Stainless Steel Radiator Cover Installation:

1) The item comes as 4 parts plus some hardware. The two brackets are replacement radiator support brackets that hold the radiator in place. You are actually replacing both the radiator cover and the top radiator support brackets.

2) Remove the stock radiator cover and radiator hold down brackets. These parts will not be reused. Remove the top screw holding the hood latch assembly. Remove the two nuts holding the overflow tank and move the tank out slightly of the way. Also remove the front grill assembly since you need to reinstall the front grill part over the new radiator cover. I got away with taking the two torx screws out of the running horse emblem and pulling back the top of the grill that covers the SS radiator cover. I was able to slide the SS radiator cover under the grill trim. However, it was very tight doing this. If you don't want to scratch your paint, then I recommend removing the grill assembly. It will be much easier.

3) The three (3) replacement screws supplied by UPR will replace the current two (2) screws on the top of your radiator cover plus the screw holding the top of the hood latch.

4) The grommets supplied by UPR for the radiator support brackets WILL NOT fit. I tried and tried but I could not get them to go on, even with lubricant. They are just too small. I ended up opening them up some with a razor knife. I was then able to get them on using lubricant. I found it very frustrating that the grommets supplied by UPR do not fit.

5) You will reuse two (2) of the (4) plastic hold down screws that you will remove from the plastic cover. So get a small plastic bag to retain these parts in. These are really cheap plastic screws. They don't screw out very well nor do they tighten.

5) Be careful putting things back together because it is so very easy to scratch your paint. Don't force anything!!

The cover looks great when installed. Contrary to some comments that I have heard, it really fits pretty well. I just wish UPR had the professionalism to provide instructions with their parts. I hope these comments may help others who may install this part. The grommets not fitting over the radiator supports are the worst problem. Thanks.

V/R, moodym:THUMBSUP:
moodym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Shakin
Rice Killer

Re: Instruction for UPR SS Radiator Cover

I bought the kit back in May, once I recieved it I hit the forums looking for help with the install and everybody had negative things to say about it. I packaged it back up and sent it back! I haven't had much luck with UPR parts. Please post some of your car with it installed.
Shakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:25 AM   #3
GaPonyFarm
Loose Nut Behind Wheel

You should have kept the rad cover... it fits really well. It must be their specialty.

Just a few Bolt-On Mods... Some more bolty than others.
GaPonyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:35 AM   #4
mustangmachfl

its not about what others think man, its about what u like. I personally think the rad. cover looks sick and if i had some left over money i would buy one as well..
mustangmachfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:42 AM   #5
Lonestar 7

There are always guys like us who spend the money then do the mod so others can follow behind us. Thanks for the Info it helps!
Lonestar 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
rcode99

I like it.
Attached Thumbnails
from home pc 102.jpg  

"Never slap a man who has a mouthful of chewing tobacco." Will Rogers said that.
rcode99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

The Mach 1 has larger pins than the GT for the top brackets. I did not use the UPR brackets but instead used the stock ones that are a much better bracket. It looks just fine.
http://www.mach1registry.org/photopo...re_145-med.jpg

Last edited by 24kmach; 03-28-2006 at 10:44 AM.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #8
bart03m1

i like the upr one looks good, but has anyone used the steeda cover anyone have any pics of it installed?
bart03m1 is offline   Reply With Quote