2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Mach-E Emblem :(

More electrified Mach madness lol. C’mon Ford!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...trademark/amp/
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
03BumbleBee

Re: Mach-E Emblem :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
More electrified Mach madness lol. C’mon Ford!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...trademark/amp/
I really don't know what is really going on, but hope Ford thinks long and hard on all their decisions. They might just screw up the only Car they have left. Time will tell.

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #3
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Yep, and it's only going to get worse for the pony faithful...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #4
HAEG
Heppasketties

Best I can say is don't buy anything new... Let them sit on the lot and rot
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #5
Recon

Mach-E Emblem :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
Best I can say is don't buy anything new... Let them sit on the lot and rot

There are those that will still buy it. Now me for instance, and probably the rest of the Mach owners, if they’re naming it Mach E then it’d better have a Coyote and not a 4 cylinder. Though it’s most likely the latter, which sucks.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:39 PM   #6
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I did run across something this morning that there would be a reveal in N.Y. of an SVO type option for next year. As far as the extended 'family' of Mustangs, I'm just wondering; long bed or short bed?

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #7
03BumbleBee

Recipe for disaster! Build cars for the future, leave the Mustang alone. It's a different world, when are MFG. going to realize you can't build what they want ,but what we want.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
LXS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BumbleBee View Post
Recipe for disaster! Build cars for the future, leave the Mustang alone. It's a different world, when are MFG. going to realize you can't build what they want ,but what we want.
And that’s the “problem.” WE on this site all pretty much agree with what’s being said here. We want the Mustang to stay as is, have the ability to build, modify, customize, etc. But in the grand scheme of things, unfortunately, “we” are out numbered by the vast amount of people whom don’t care about what we love and are into. They just want something that takes them from point A to point B, something that looks good for its time, and also, something that appeals to people in that era’s trend, i.e., eco-friendly, electric, little to no/zero “foot print,” etc. I, just as most everyone here, don’t want to see the Mustang go down a $h1t hole. Am I against change, not necessarily. I wouldn’t mind seeing a vehicle that is eco/friendly, runs on something other than gasoline, e83, or diesel, looks good and has good to decent all around performance. Calling it a Mustang is a HUGE jump into the unknown that’ll definitely upset a LOT of people....and possibly excite some! Will it be a success? That’s yet to be seen. I think Ford’s tactic for (possible) success is to piggy back off of a famous nameplate, the Mustang, to help propel its new vehicle to become a potential huge hit, whereas if they came up with a new name, it could struggle to attract attention and/or vehicle sales. For example, look at the Ford Five Hundred. It replaced the Ford Taurus, and although it was a nice all around 4-door sedan, it did not do well until it was renamed the Ford Taurus.

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #9
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

I think some of it has to do with a bit of panic that younger people aren’t buying cars like we did. Some don’t even go get their drivers license, which baffles the heck out of me. That was a big deal as I’m sure it was for everyone in here lol.

They feel like the ones that are driving are into electric cars or the electronic tech within them. I think it’s amazing my son is into dino fuel cars, even though it’s mainly imports lol. He has some car buddies at school, but there’s many that don’t even care that they’re old enough to drive and don’t have a license.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #10
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
there’s many that don’t even care that they’re old enough to drive and don’t have a license.
I've got a cousin that was actually afraid to even drive a car. He was 18 before getting his license. What's even stranger, he likes cool cars and can 'car talk' with me (up to a point).
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #11
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXS View Post
And that’s the “problem.” WE on this site all pretty much agree with what’s being said here. We want the Mustang to stay as is, have the ability to build, modify, customize, etc. But in the grand scheme of things, unfortunately, “we” are out numbered by the vast amount of people whom don’t care about what we love and are into. They just want something that takes them from point A to point B, something that looks good for its time, and also, something that appeals to people in that era’s trend, i.e., eco-friendly, electric, little to no/zero “foot print,” etc. I, just as most everyone here, don’t want to see the Mustang go down a $h1t hole. Am I against change, not necessarily. I wouldn’t mind seeing a vehicle that is eco/friendly, runs on something other than gasoline, e83, or diesel, looks good and has good to decent all around performance. Calling it a Mustang is a HUGE jump into the unknown that’ll definitely upset a LOT of people....and possibly excite some! Will it be a success? That’s yet to be seen. I think Ford’s tactic for (possible) success is to piggy back off of a famous nameplate, the Mustang, to help propel its new vehicle to become a potential huge hit, whereas if they came up with a new name, it could struggle to attract attention and/or vehicle sales. For example, look at the Ford Five Hundred. It replaced the Ford Taurus, and although it was a nice all around 4-door sedan, it did not do well until it was renamed the Ford Taurus.
People are less and less Brand Loyal , so it will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 PM   #12
LXS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BumbleBee View Post
People are less and less Brand Loyal , so it will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
Very true!

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
Don't fear the gear!

Old 04-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #13
LXS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
I've got a cousin that was actually afraid to even drive a car. He was 18 before getting his license. What's even stranger, he likes cool cars and can 'car talk' with me (up to a point).
I was 18 when I got my driver’s license

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
Don't fear the gear!

Old 04-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #14
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXS View Post
I was 18 when I got my driver’s license
My dad was 14 when he got his
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #15
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

Quote:
there’s many that don’t even care that they’re old enough to drive and don’t have a license.
Not sure if it would be called a culture shift or not...
In my youth, a driver's license meant freedom. "Kids" had to drive everywhere to do anything and meet anybody.
When my son was in high school, he did online gaming with all of his friends and didn't seem to care if he left the house or not unless they were doing airsoft war or paintball.

Uber and Lift are becoming more popular.

There's also too many cars on the road today and too many crazy people that are clueless... They don't seem to know where they are going (e.g. veering thru two lanes of traffic to make a highway exit when there are signs a mile back saying which lanes to be in or cross two lanes of traffic without looking to turn into a store). Too many distractions with cell phones, eating and primping while driving. I've worked with far too many people from other countries that have never driven before and come here where we hand them a driver's license simply because they are over 21.

One of my wife's friends said she is terrified to let her daughter learn to drive because of crazy people on the road.
Back in the day, we just went out to a country road and drove around with our parents until we got the hang of it.

apologies for the digression, OP
_
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:28 PM   #16
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach351 View Post
Not sure if it would be called a culture shift or not...
In my youth, a driver's license meant freedom. "Kids" had to drive everywhere to do anything and meet anybody.
When my son was in high school, he did online gaming with all of his friends and didn't seem to care if he left the house or not unless they were doing airsoft war or paintball.

Uber and Lift are becoming more popular.

There's also too many cars on the road today and too many crazy people that are clueless... They don't seem to know where they are going (e.g. veering thru two lanes of traffic to make a highway exit when there are signs a mile back saying which lanes to be in or cross two lanes of traffic without looking to turn into a store). Too many distractions with cell phones, eating and primping while driving. I've worked with far too many people from other countries that have never driven before and come here where we hand them a driver's license simply because they are over 21.

One of my wife's friends said she is terrified to let her daughter learn to drive because of crazy people on the road.
Back in the day, we just went out to a country road and drove around with our parents until we got the hang of it.

apologies for the digression, OP
_
When my wife's brother was married in Pittsburgh back somewhere in the 90's, his wife had never driven before. She road in the bus everywhere with an occasional trip with cousins who drove. When she moved out here and no longer had bus routes throughout town, she had to get a license. I remember how terrified she was LOL. It took here several weeks before she would even entertain the idea of getting her license. Everyone had to tote her around to work, etc. Finally, she got out with one of her work friends (husband wouldn't do it :lol: ) and got some seat time before taking the test and getting her license. I took me a while to understand, but I could eventually see how certain areas had mass transit and you really had no need to drive. I didn't really think about it, but Uber, Lyft, etc are making mass transit available even in suburban areas.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:34 PM   #17
LXS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
My dad was 14 when he got his
It was definitely a different time back then! It wasn’t my choice to wait till I turned 18, my parents made me wait. I wanted out of my house since I was in elementary school, so maybe they were on to something

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
Don't fear the gear!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #18
HAEG
Heppasketties

My father had me starting cars as far back as I can remember. Burned into my brain is the need to put your foot on the brake pedal when starting a car.
Started moving the cars around the yard and across the street at maybe 12.
Permit at 17 and 3 weeks later took the test have been driving ever since. All my friends back in the late 80's couldn't wait to drive.
With my kids I did the same thing, like starting the car and moving it around the driveway. My youngest now races in Junior Street which he has done since he was 14. Neat to be able to sit in the passenger seat and watch him race. He's raced the Mach1 a few times and was going over 80 MPH in the 1/8 mile.
My oldest son & I are building a 1967 Chevelle I drove to High School to race Hot Rod Drag Week 2019. We're registered and currently building the car.
5.3 LS turbo 4L80E trans the car is rusty and old but everything underneath is good. In true Roadkill fashion she'll be ugly but should get moving pretty good.
Gear Heads still exist we just need to keep the next generation interested... Plan on making some life long memories in September this year.
This family moment brought to you by the automobile..
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #19
LXS

Quote:
My father had me starting cars as far back as I can remember. Burned into my brain is the need to put your foot on the brake pedal when starting a car.
Permit at 17 and 3 weeks later took the test have been driving ever since. All my friends back in the late 80's couldn't wait to drive.
With my kids I did the same thing, like starting the car and moving it around the driveway. My youngest now races in Junior Street which he has done since he was 14. Neat to be able to sit in the passenger seat and watch him race. He's raced the Mach1 a few times and was going over 80 MPH in the 1/8 mile.
My oldest son & I are building a 1967 Chevelle I drove to High School to race Hot Rod Drag Week 2019. We're registered and currently building the car.
5.3 LS turbo 4L80E trans the car is rusty and old but everything underneath is good. In true Roadkill fashion she'll be ugly but should get moving pretty good.
Gear Heads still exist we just need to keep the next generation interested... Plan on making some life long memories in September this year.
Soo true!! Although my son has no idea what my Chevelle is or about, he absolutely LOVES my Mach and calls it a “race car”

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
Don't fear the gear!

Old 04-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #20
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
I didn't get my license until 17 either. I got busted by my parents taking the car out for drives when they were gone LOL. They made me wait a year as punishment.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #21
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

I didn't get a car until I went off to college.

When I told my mother that everyone else had a car in high school, she would ask me if I was more popular than Jesus.

Then she would say "Jesus walked everywhere he went."

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #22
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron View Post
I didn't get a car until I went off to college.

When I told my mother that everyone else had a car in high school, she would ask me if I was more popular than Jesus.

Then she would say "Jesus walked everywhere he went."
yep. When I told mom the, "everyone else is doing it" story, she would give me the "if everyone else walked off a cliff..." response.
My dad would just say, "you're not everyone else".

We lived so far out in the country when I was in eighth and ninth grades that I literally had to drive my dad's work truck 2.5 miles just to meet the bus to school. It was a '71 F150 Camper Special with the "granny gear" 4-speed.
All of the memes about millennials not being able to drive stick are especially funny to me because where I grew up, if you didn't drive stick then you didn't drive.
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #23
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach351 View Post
yep. When I told mom the, "everyone else is doing it" story, she would give me the "if everyone else walked off a cliff..." response.
My dad would just say, "you're not everyone else".

We lived so far out in the country when I was in eighth and ninth grades that I literally had to drive my dad's work truck 2.5 miles just to meet the bus to school. It was a '71 F150 Camper Special with the "granny gear" 4-speed.
All of the memes about millennials not being able to drive stick are especially funny to me because where I grew up, if you didn't drive stick then you didn't drive.
I am in my last year as a Commercial H.V.A.C. Tech. The young men they are hiring can't drive a stick and can't believe we have vehicles that are not Auto.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:40 PM   #24
SouthKak_Mach1

I don't see issues with a Mach-E limited production Mustang if a V8 is paired with electric motors. This will only help performance and fuel economy. I am opposed to Mustang inspired SUV/CUV though. Feel like Ford is diluting the Mustang name by doing that.
2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (DSG), Borla Stingers Catback, C&L CAI, SCT X4 Custom Tune, Black Chrome Rovos Durban Wheels (18x9 F, 18x10.5 R) on Nitto NT05s (275/35/18 F, 295/35/18 R), Pioneer AVH-4200NEX Receiver, MM C/C Plates, Rolled Rear Fenders, Eibach Sportlines/Struts/Shocks, Raxiom Smoked Taillights/Third Brake Light/LED Bulbs, Clear Headlights w/ Black Housing, Polished Aluminum Interior Accents, 30% Window Tint, Tinted Side Markers, Carbon Fiber Valve Stem Caps, Black Shorty Antenna
SouthKak_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #25
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthKak_Mach1 View Post
I don't see issues with a Mach-E limited production Mustang if a V8 is paired with electric motors. This will only help performance and fuel economy. I am opposed to Mustang inspired SUV/CUV though. Feel like Ford is diluting the Mustang name by doing that.
Agree 100%. Can't be original, have to keep going back on legendary names of the Past.