2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Best Mustang Parts

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #376
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Heads were pulled and 1 rod/piston pulled. Decided to have Manley stainless intakes valves installed, head cc'd at 55 cc with Autolite AR94 plug. Rings/cylinder bore/rod bearings check good. New actual compression ratio is now 12.55:1
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #377
MACHDADDY1
Registered User
 
MACHDADDY1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Washington
Posts: 67
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Hey Phil is your front half of your cage custom or an add on kit from Wolfe? I have the same 6 point as you and on my current set-up was bounced off my local track after 3 passes. Time to step up or go slower: BTW your builds over the years like so many others have served as an insperational tool to get better and keep moving forward. Thanks for your continued posting of pics and information. Congrats on a great build!
__________________
Best ET 9.78 @ 141.95 mph
MACHDADDY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #378
littlemags
finally paid for
 
littlemags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ypsilanti Twp, Mi
Posts: 4,062
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Heads were pulled and 1 rod/piston pulled. Decided to have Manley stainless intakes valves installed, head cc'd at 55 cc with Autolite AR94 plug. Rings/cylinder bore/rod bearings check good. New actual compression ratio is now 12.55:1
you pulled everything apart again?? am I reading this right?
__________________
2004 mach 1-turbo build in progress..
Fast xfi 2.0
OLD combo-
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #379
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969
 
24kmach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 13,079
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemags View Post
you pulled everything apart again?? am I reading this right?
X's 2
__________________
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder. Mach 1 owner since January 1969.
First ride in a P51D August 28,2010.

Member
Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #380
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACHDADDY1 View Post
Hey Phil is your front half of your cage custom or an add on kit from Wolfe? I have the same 6 point as you and on my current set-up was bounced off my local track after 3 passes. Time to step up or go slower: BTW your builds over the years like so many others have served as an insperational tool to get better and keep moving forward. Thanks for your continued posting of pics and information. Congrats on a great build!
It's a custom fit/cut add on from a chassis shop in Madison Ohio.
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #381
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemags View Post
you pulled everything apart again?? am I reading this right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
X's 2

Jeff was not happy with the motor on start up, it would blow a big puff of oil smoke. Only when vacuum was high at idle or after shutting down. Which usually means valve stem seals or valve guide clearance. He pulled the Sullivan intake and saw oil on the intake valve heads and in the port.

The heads went back to Fox Lake and they replaced all the valve guides and honed them to proper size for free. Since the heads were pulled, I decided to go with Manley stainless intake valves which have a thicker margin and very little dish compared to the factory intake valve. Which means an increase in CR without affecting exhaust flow. My heads were cc'd at 55cc with Autolite AR94 plugs. New CR is 12.55:1. The exhaust valves are new when Fox Lake installed them a couple yrs ago. The heads are back at CRT Performance as of today.

Jeff wanted to inspect a cylinder to insure the rings seated and check piston skirts, rod bearings and so on. Since Jeff has been breaking in the motor on the rollers. Now was a good time to make sure the rotating assembly is breaking in properly. All checks right on! Ray, owner of Victory Engines who did all the machine work and assembled my short block, was also at the shop checking out the short block.
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #382
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969
 
24kmach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Posts: 13,079
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Jeff was not happy with the motor on start up, it would blow a big puff of oil smoke. Only when vacuum was high at idle or after shutting down. Which usually means valve stem seals or valve guide clearance. He pulled the Sullivan intake and saw oil on the intake valve heads and in the port.

The heads went back to Fox Lake and they replaced all the valve guides and honed them to proper size for free. Since the heads were pulled, I decided to go with Manley stainless intake valves which have a thicker margin and very little dish compared to the factory intake valve. Which means an increase in CR without affecting exhaust flow. My heads were cc'd at 55cc with Autolite AR94 plugs. New CR is 12.55:1. The exhaust valves are new when Fox Lake installed them a couple yrs ago. The heads are back at CRT Performance as of today.

Jeff wanted to inspect a cylinder to insure the rings seated and check piston skirts, rod bearings and so on. Since Jeff has been breaking in the motor on the rollers. Now was a good time to make sure the rotating assembly is breaking in properly. All checks right on! Ray, owner of Victory Engines who did all the machine work and assembled my short block, was also at the shop checking out the short block.
Sounds like you are with the right folks. I went with the best price one time with my 428 CJ heads when installing Engle triple springs. They destroyed the heads. I learned the hard way.
__________________
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder. Mach 1 owner since January 1969.
First ride in a P51D August 28,2010.

Member
Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #383
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kmach View Post
Sounds like you are with the right folks. I went with the best price one time with my 428 CJ heads when installing Engle triple springs. They destroyed the heads. I learned the hard way.
Man, that sucks!!

Jeff Chambers owner of CRT Performance and Ron Robart owner of Fox Lake Power Products, are people you can trust and will honor their work if something does go wrong. Jeff will always go the extra yard, to make sure things are right! He is a NASA engineer and is very meticulous..

Of course I taught Jeff everything he knows.
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #384
littlemags
finally paid for
 
littlemags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ypsilanti Twp, Mi
Posts: 4,062
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Man, that sucks!!

Jeff Chambers owner of CRT Performance and Ron Robart owner of Fox Lake Power Products, are people you can trust and will honor their work if something does go wrong. Jeff will always go the extra yard, to make sure things are right! He is a NASA engineer and is very meticulous..

Of course I taught Jeff everything he knows.
lol...gotta agree...i have learned more from your posts than most too...
__________________
2004 mach 1-turbo build in progress..
Fast xfi 2.0
OLD combo-
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #385
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Custom Front Support Bracket For Lift Off Hoods.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=110937
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #386
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Chris did a hell of a job fitting my hood to the windshield..

The Mach should be ready to go on the dyno for some serious pulls next week...
Attached Thumbnails
2011-02-08_13-15-52_68.jpg   2011-02-08_13-16-26_754.jpg  
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #387
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Just ordered a 55 gal drum of SUNOCO 260 GT PLUS UNLEADED RACING fuel 104 Octane. Will be at CRT Performance Thursday.. This motor is going to scream!!!!
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #388
Linumup
Registered User
 
Linumup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hydes Md.
Posts: 6,944
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Jeff was not happy with the motor on start up, it would blow a big puff of oil smoke. Only when vacuum was high at idle or after shutting down. Which usually means valve stem seals or valve guide clearance. He pulled the Sullivan intake and saw oil on the intake valve heads and in the port.

The heads went back to Fox Lake and they replaced all the valve guides and honed them to proper size for free. Since the heads were pulled, I decided to go with Manley stainless intake valves which have a thicker margin and very little dish compared to the factory intake valve. Which means an increase in CR without affecting exhaust flow. My heads were cc'd at 55cc with Autolite AR94 plugs. New CR is 12.55:1. The exhaust valves are new when Fox Lake installed them a couple yrs ago. The heads are back at CRT Performance as of today.

Jeff wanted to inspect a cylinder to insure the rings seated and check piston skirts, rod bearings and so on. Since Jeff has been breaking in the motor on the rollers. Now was a good time to make sure the rotating assembly is breaking in properly. All checks right on! Ray, owner of Victory Engines who did all the machine work and assembled my short block, was also at the shop checking out the short block.


Isnt power and performance so much fun . haha
__________________
1331 RWHP 1296 RWTQ 28 PSI
5.3 liter 322.4 cu.in. Big Bore Stroker
HP PNP Heads w/5 Angle Valve Job
HP Custom Cams
ATI Racing TH400 Cheetah SCS Air Assisted Shifter
Strange 31 spline axles w/3:55
F1R Procharger w/Cog Set-up
Magnafuel 750 -10AN Feed -8AN Return
200 Direct Wet w/MSD window switch & controller
Big Stuff 3 w/Gen. 3 Pro EFI system
Kooks 1.78 LTS 3" Custom Exhaust
Tuning by DGR Racing



DYNO KING
Linumup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #389
Big Datty
FASTEST MACH ON PLANET
 
Big Datty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 404
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linumup View Post
Isnt power and performance so much fun . haha
LOL yea LOADS. Try to walk a mile in my shoes dude sheesh. Bill you are getting a pm in a minute please read. Phil, I can't wait to see this sucker pitted next to me at Norwalk!! We should have a good time this year and hopefully you make it to Quaker once or twice (visit that relative of yours)
__________________
Possibly the highest hp 4.6 on the registry?
Marco Abruzzi turbo 400 tranny

tilt, cruise, air, full interior street car
Dyno pull http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...ach_723489.htm
newest member of the 1000 hp club!
2008 Mach1 shootout Ultimate Mach class winner

Cool vid goin 9.20's and beatin it on the street
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziYRp9JgzLo


All on a TRUE 281 cubic inch engine.
Big Datty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #390
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linumup View Post
Isnt power and performance so much fun . haha
You are not kidding, Bill..
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #391
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Datty View Post
LOL yea LOADS. Try to walk a mile in my shoes dude sheesh. Bill you are getting a pm in a minute please read. Phil, I can't wait to see this sucker pitted next to me at Norwalk!! We should have a good time this year and hopefully you make it to Quaker once or twice (visit that relative of yours)
That would be cool Craig.. I plan on hitting Quaker for the manual trans class, plus get a chance to see my cousin Bob.
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #392
devous1
Chairman of "The Bored"
 
devous1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: A CORNFIELD IN OH
Posts: 2,002
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Are you gonna post up before you take it out.
__________________
2014 GT500 Black/Black

03 TORCH RED MACH
V7 YSI and Some Other Stuff
03 DSG MACH
90 Kenny Brown Super LX
89 LX BBF as seen on Pinks 5/11-SOLD
11 F450 Lariat
A Couple Tuber Buells
devous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #393
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by devous1 View Post
Are you gonna post up before you take it out.
Once we have dyno numbers, I will post them.
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #394
bdmach1
Registered User
 
bdmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: akron,ohio
Posts: 335
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

So is it back in the car yet Phil??? Lookin forward to seeing it real soon!



BTW.....Thanks for the help on the crank trigger setup, it turned out real nice!



Bob
bdmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #395
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmach1 View Post
So is it back in the car yet Phil??? Lookin forward to seeing it real soon!



BTW.....Thanks for the help on the crank trigger setup, it turned out real nice!



Bob
I took the Mach out for a very short drive on the street yesterday.
It's a whole different beast now!!!!!

Jeff is starting the N/A dyno tune with the 104 octane fuel today/tomorrow. Wednesday it goes to have the rear & front aligned and then to the Ford dealership for a few days to have the hood painted & fenders blended. The one of the last things is setting pinion angle with me in the car. It will be in my garage by end of March.

Your welcome, was glad it helped you Bob.
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 AM   #396
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

No dyno tune yet. The Mach had the alignment done yesterday. Today it's at the paint shop for the hood to be painted zinc yellow and the fenders blended, so the hood matches the original factory zinc yellow. The side scoops & custom fiberglass cowl filler panel will be painted flat black like the rear spoiler/side mirrors. I do plan on some kind of custom paint job down the road.

Once back from the paint shop, then some serious dyno sessions.
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg  
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #397
bdmach1
Registered User
 
bdmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: akron,ohio
Posts: 335
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Good deal, I wish I was that close to being done!!! Did you say that you were gonna paint the side scoops black??? Don't know if I have ever saw a car with them painted something other than body color...

Bob
bdmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #398
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmach1 View Post
Good deal, I wish I was that close to being done!!! Did you say that you were gonna paint the side scoops black??? Don't know if I have ever saw a car with them painted something other than body color...

Bob
You'll get there. It took me 3 yrs! The side scoops were gloss black, but I really did not like the look after a while. So flat black I'm trying. Here is a link from 2007 with the black scoops.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...2&postcount=85
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #399
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Jeff changed the window net kit design, we did not like the original setup. The window net is also larger.
Attached Thumbnails
020.jpg  
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #400
Phil
Nitrous Junkie
 
Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,287
Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Mach is back from the paint shop.
Attached Thumbnails
002.jpg   006.jpg   005.jpg   008.jpg  
__________________
Phil
PRB Machining, LLC
http://www.prbmachining-absdeleteman...com/index.html

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2002-2013 Mach1Registry.com

<