2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-22-2023, 05:26 AM   #1
alchype

Shopmustangparts.com SCAM Alert

I want to warn anyone to beware of this scam website. They are stealing pictures old and new from MPSautosalvage instagram and selling the items as if they are in stock. I was just scam over $600 they also run another scam freight company website in Rocktransit.com in which they contacted me this week asking me to pay a $325 refundable insurance shipping coverage fee through Zelle before they would deliver my items

Here is an example

Scammers website selling the same item
https://shopmustangparts.com/shop/03...m-coupe-seats/

Attached Thumbnails
mach 12.jpg   mach.jpg  

Last edited by alchype; 04-22-2023 at 07:16 AM.
alchype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 07:09 AM   #2
BONESTOCK

Re: Shopmustangparts.com SCAM Alert

ugh. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-22-2023, 12:45 PM   #3
311-420
Can't be bridled

Hate to see this. Did you happen to use a cc? This should be an easy refund with the evidence you have.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:02 PM   #4
alchype

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
Hate to see this. Did you happen to use a cc? This should be an easy refund with the evidence you have.
Unfortunately no since on their website they only accept payment to through "Paypal friends and family" or "Zelle"
Old 04-22-2023, 05:12 PM   #5
BONESTOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchype View Post
Unfortunately no since on their website they only accept payment to through "Paypal friends and family" or "Zelle"
ahh...yup instant red flag there.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:45 PM   #6
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
ahh...yup instant red flag there.
x2

2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 07:34 AM   #7
Cobraman1024

Hello,

I recently stumbled across this website too and fell for purchasing an 03 Cobra steering rack from them. The realm rap part is there was a popup talking about a 30% discount for subscribing to their mailing list. When I didn’t see an immediate email about joining their list, I got into their Online Chat Support and messaged back an forth with them. They offered to drop the price by the discount amount within the invoice I was sent in order to complete the transaction. The price decreased from $479.99 to $332.50 (more than 30%) and so I paid the invoice via Paypal F/F. Then my biddy noticed that the price on theor website for the same rack and pinion was now $332.50. They’re also claiming that my shipment is on hold until payment clears their account in 5 business days. Everyone knows Paypal is immediate unless there is something fishy with one of the accounts, sich as it is being investigated.

I called Paypal and they said the account, kimuuvic5225@gmail.com is held by Victor Kimutai in Kenya amd it has several investigations open against it for fraud. I asked if they can reverse the transaction because it hasn’t completed yet and said they wouldn’t because it was a “personal transaction” i.e. I only paid $4.99 for it to happen instead of their 3.49% fee for a business transaction. They sent me an email to show my bank to assist in recovering the money, a total of $366.99.

Back to their “online support”; I mentioned the overseas transaction and asked if they are an overseas account, they responded “no”. I asked about Kenya and they ignored the question. I asked for their location, where in Georgia, all they would say is “Georgia”. The phone number on their site doesn’t work. O brought up this discrepancy with the sale of the mach 1 parts (the only customer interaction I could find online about them, and they said the customer was refunded and the parts returned. They then asked if I wanted a refund; I said yes because of red flags with the transaction. They said it ould be processed within minutes - of course, I received ko notification of a refund.

I do have the entire transcript of the chat emailed to me (very surprised that it actually was emailed to me).

Any progress on your end? I’m going through my bank with what I have.
Cobraman1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 07:08 PM   #8
alchype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraman1024 View Post
Hello,

I recently stumbled across this website too and fell for purchasing an 03 Cobra steering rack from them. The realm rap part is there was a popup talking about a 30% discount for subscribing to their mailing list. When I didn’t see an immediate email about joining their list, I got into their Online Chat Support and messaged back an forth with them. They offered to drop the price by the discount amount within the invoice I was sent in order to complete the transaction. The price decreased from $479.99 to $332.50 (more than 30%) and so I paid the invoice via Paypal F/F. Then my biddy noticed that the price on theor website for the same rack and pinion was now $332.50. They’re also claiming that my shipment is on hold until payment clears their account in 5 business days. Everyone knows Paypal is immediate unless there is something fishy with one of the accounts, sich as it is being investigated.

I called Paypal and they said the account, kimuuvic5225@gmail.com is held by Victor Kimutai in Kenya amd it has several investigations open against it for fraud. I asked if they can reverse the transaction because it hasn’t completed yet and said they wouldn’t because it was a “personal transaction” i.e. I only paid $4.99 for it to happen instead of their 3.49% fee for a business transaction. They sent me an email to show my bank to assist in recovering the money, a total of $366.99.

Back to their “online support”; I mentioned the overseas transaction and asked if they are an overseas account, they responded “no”. I asked about Kenya and they ignored the question. I asked for their location, where in Georgia, all they would say is “Georgia”. The phone number on their site doesn’t work. O brought up this discrepancy with the sale of the mach 1 parts (the only customer interaction I could find online about them, and they said the customer was refunded and the parts returned. They then asked if I wanted a refund; I said yes because of red flags with the transaction. They said it ould be processed within minutes - of course, I received ko notification of a refund.

I do have the entire transcript of the chat emailed to me (very surprised that it actually was emailed to me).

Any progress on your end? I’m going through my bank with what I have.
Sorry for the late reply. No, I never received any refund at all from them. Don't believe anything they say to you. They lie and lie and lie. They also blocked me when I confronted them about stealing pictures from MPS and even MPS told me they are scammers that keep opening websites "those type of websites keep popping up every now and then" which im sure its the same person behind all those fraudulent websites

Youre also correct that they NEVER answer their phones and from what I found out is that they are using a virtual forwarding phone numbers anyways I have long reported them to the FBI, BBB, Zelle, etc.

In the end I never received anything from these scammers. Unfortunate to tell you but we are in the same boat but hopefully your bank helped you recover your funds by now since mine was of no help