2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 05-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #1
stangmach104

Pulling to the right hard when braking

Hey so last year my car started pulling hard to the right only when braking. I took the front calipers off and on the left side I noticed a little bit of uneven wear. I was already planning on changing my brakes over in the winter and I did to the Baer T4's. Anyways I finally got my car on the road for the summer last week and it still pulls to the right hard when braking. So i looked at the rears and on the left side with the caliper off the piston came out what seemed normal and I screwed it back in fine. On the passenger side I did the same thing but the piston only came out a little bit but would have been enough to compress the brake. When i tried to screw it back in it was a fight so i backed it all the way out and then it seemed to free up. Had a fiend push the brake pedal again and it came out fine. Now today I drove it, and it still pulls to the right when braking so I'm really thinking its the right piston getting stuck and that I should rebuild it but it just seems like if its pulling to the right that there's more braking power on the right side, not less. Any thoughts or ideas?
Forged Short Block built by myself, Procharger D1SC
Stage 2 s/c cams, Custom o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster Cat Back, Mid-Length Headers
2 Walbro 400lph pumps on return style system
95# Fuel Injectors
10% O/D Balancer, AFM Power Pipe
630 rwhp 531 rwtq
stangmach104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
canadianmach1

Re: Pulling to the right hard when braking

its possible that one of the brake lines is collapsed a little not allowing as much fluid through in the front
bbk longtubes, bbk xpipe , slp powerflo catback, EMP Stewart water pump, h&r springs , tokico adjustable shocks, php spacer, 4drilled/slotted rotors, , vortech with air/air, Anderson powerpipe, cobra tank/pumps, ford racing t56 6spd, mgw shifter,center force clutch, 410 gears , moser axles, ford racing carrier ,steeda alum lower control arms ,cobra bumper , and mirrors
canadianmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #3
j rick kirby

I think I would start with a fluid flush assuming all of the parts look good.
HPDE Instructor
j rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

Mine pulled to the left. I replaced the left front caliper thinking it was sticking. Didn't help. Then when replacing the rear pads I found the right rear caliper was a real pain to screw back in. I replaced the right rear caliper and everything works as it should.

Start by replacing what you already know does not function correctly.
VA-Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote