2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
machfelon
Jersey's Phinest

Machs For Sale ( Your Experience , New Owners Too )

Ok I see a lot of people on here trying to sell their vehicles. I also tried listing mine twice on eBay but to no avail. No one wanted it or they bid WAY TOO LOW. I offered mine as low as 21,200 for a low mileage 04. Now I have pretty much given up. I saw 30 Mach 1 ads on eBay that ended within the last 2 weeks and NOT ONE CAR SOLD. The reserves either were not met or the Buy It Now were not used. I have come to the conclusion that eBay is not a good place to sell a car.

Cost me 116 dollars to list my car twice on eBay. I got approved for a loan and had a cobra all set to buy BUT I cant do it without my car being sold first.

I want to know if you have sold your vehicle recently where did you sell it?

All the new members on here that just bought a mach 1 where did you buy it?
How much did you pay for it?

Ive pretty much given up trying to sell her. I got maybe 10 messages during my sale on eBay.

5 were like "nice car man, ive got the same one"

OR

Which Hooters are those girls from? Do the girls come with the car!!! blah blaah blah

kinda pissed me off. No serious bidders or buyers. I dont think the market is right now or there is little interest in Mach 1's on eBay coz the Cobras sell no problem on there!!!

INFO PLEASE!!!

2007 GT Premium, 5 Speed

BestStang
machfelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
machgsxr

Re: Machs For Sale ( Your Experience , New Owners Too )

Auto trader is where I have the best luck selling my older cars. Good luck. I think I would rather buy something like this out of AutoTrader so I can check it out in person since most of them posted in there are local or surrounding areas. Ebay is full of scams and liars now I would not feel comfortable buying there.

Good luck.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
xxxxMach1
Azure Blue fan club

I can tell you my limited experience in buying a Mach in the last 2 months.

I used ebay, autotrader, cars.com, internet autoguide, and even carmax.

I had a VERY hard time finding what I was looking for anywhere within driving distance. However, autotrader was the best database for looking regionally imo.

ebay on the other hand usually had a better selection of the quality I was looking for, but often thought many were overpriced there. You also have to consider shipping, fraud, payment hassles, etc when going through ebay. That was a big turnoff to me.

internetautoguide was a pretty easy to use database as well, but seemed to be mostly dealer vehicles.

As for pricing...here's what I was considering 'fair' when looking:
03 vs 04 - doesn't matter, 6 or half dozen
color - white, yellow, orange were the hardest sells
mods - very hard sell for people trying to push supercharged Machs, small tasteful mods sold better
mileage was #1 price deteminer imo, assuming same car otherwise:
0 miles = $25k+ (saw 2 of these)
<10,000 miles = $19-21k (saw MANY of these)
10,000-30,000miles = $16-19k
>30,000 miles = $14-16k

Prices may seem low to you, and they are all below NADA/BB, but that's the market as of right now imo.

In the end I happened to see "Location: Albuquerque" after drooling over a new ebay listing, fired him off an email asking to buy it outside of ebay and I got me the perfect Mach :THUMBSUP:
1967 Acapulco Blue Metallic "Sports Sprint" Coupe (Multiple Show Winner)
xxxxMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
the black mamba

Ebay is not good for big items. Too many people are being scammed for big purchases, and EBay does NOTHING to protect against it. A lot of powersellers there have good feedback, because ebay deletes it. Look at Texas Toys, they have flawless feedback, but if you view here: http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...ght=texas+toys, you will see how bad they really are. Ebay is getting to the point, where only small items are good to buy.

If you want to sell your car, put it in local ads(newspapers, etc) and autotrader(both the magazine and website).
the black mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Steelhorse
Mach1,the legend lives on

Nobody wants the bastard child anymore? Seriously though, i think the Cobras sell quicker because of forged internals, the huffer's already there, and your starting with roughly 70 to 80 more hp. A thousand to fifteen hundred bucks will get a lot more out of them. A lot of people don't care about the shaker or nostalgia as much as most bang for the buck. I'm thinking about selling my Mach and my 90% restored 79 Bronco and going in a different direction, but will keep em before i'll give em away.
00 F-150 4wd
Steelhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #6
crtbones
Mach1Member

two be honest local car dealers what $24-25..way better deals here
Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

I think that is why guys are trading them in. First car I have ever seen where the trade in value is higher then the private party forsale value. Trade it in.
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
Fastbandit99
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by machfelon
Ok I see a lot of people on here trying to sell their vehicles. I also tried listing mine twice on eBay but to no avail. No one wanted it or they bid WAY TOO LOW. I offered mine as low as 21,200 for a low mileage 04. Now I have pretty much given up. I saw 30 Mach 1 ads on eBay that ended within the last 2 weeks and NOT ONE CAR SOLD. The reserves either were not met or the Buy It Now were not used. I have come to the conclusion that eBay is not a good place to sell a car.

Cost me 116 dollars to list my car twice on eBay. I got approved for a loan and had a cobra all set to buy BUT I cant do it without my car being sold first.

I want to know if you have sold your vehicle recently where did you sell it?

All the new members on here that just bought a mach 1 where did you buy it?
How much did you pay for it?

Ive pretty much given up trying to sell her. I got maybe 10 messages during my sale on eBay.

5 were like "nice car man, ive got the same one"

OR

Which Hooters are those girls from? Do the girls come with the car!!! blah blaah blah

kinda pissed me off. No serious bidders or buyers. I dont think the market is right now or there is little interest in Mach 1's on eBay coz the Cobras sell no problem on there!!!

INFO PLEASE!!!

If the Cobra is still available ask the dealer to put your car on the lot. Make a deal with the dealer that if the mach sells for your price you will buy the cobra. Most people do not know what the mach is. Put it on the lot with the hood open. I bet it will attract attention. Someone may want the cobra but might "settle" for the lower priced mach because it would fit their buget better.

Banditman
Fastbandit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
mtm87tx

ebay is a quick way to ditch a car IMHO, i would consider local or autotrader for "top dollar" then again, ive had no luck selling mine this way. but i refuse to let it go for 17k on eBay
mtm87tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 PM   #10
cmb570
Black is faster..!!

I have had a hard time selling. I get lowballers left and right. Not sure why with my price of only 25k. I know you cant get a bank loan for that much. But dummy this is far from stock why would anyone expect to pay the same amount. Im only asking couple thousand more than a stock or lightly moded one.

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=54716
cmb570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #11
TEXASDSGMACH1
LS WHO?

I found mine on autotrader.com, and based on ones I had seen on lots and the other ones on autotrader, it was the best deal for the money I had to spend.

Plus it was a DSG

I paid 20k for mine with 9,500 miles and in perfect condition with a catted magnaflow X, magnaflow catback and still under warrenty, since it wasn't purchased off the lot till Jan. 04.
00 GT with a 4v

Sold, but still in the family
03 DSG Mach

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
TEXASDSGMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #12
machfelon
Jersey's Phinest

I may try autotrader then. I would like to get this Cobra.

2007 GT Premium, 5 Speed

BestStang
Old 10-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #13
Hmbre97
Eaton swapped User

I paid 18k for mine with 36.4k miles (400 miles out of warranty ). Car already had rims and tires, lowering springs, magnaflow catted x and catback, cobra mirrors and a couple other small tasteful mods.

Found the car in Autotrader but later saw the car listed on this site as well. Dunno how I missed it when I was looking.
Hmbre97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #14
65fastback2+2
Too many cars to mod

i search auto trader to get ideas...then i find a forum specific for the car and buy from someone there...if they are a member of the forum for their car, the know what they are doing more than average joe.

theres been two 04 TR's sell at dealerships not a 1/2 a mile from me...one with 20k for 22k and one with 10k for 23k...insane. I went in to try and purchase one one day and told the dealer id give em 18k for it as that is what it was worth (about) and they just laughed. If I HAD to sell mine right now, id trade it in no option unless i just had to have cash.

Previous Rides:
2003 DSG Lightning, 486/586, 12.09@111.25
2007 F150 Lariat 4wd Screw
2004 OW Mach 1, auto, 1 of 179
2003 DSG Mach 1, 574 rwhp / 528 rwtq
2003 DSG Mach 1, 13.1 @ 109.1
1988 Mustang GT, stock
1967 TB Coupe, project
1965 Fastback 2+2, A-code
65fastback2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #15
machfelon
Jersey's Phinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2
i search auto trader to get ideas...then i find a forum specific for the car and buy from someone there...if they are a member of the forum for their car, the know what they are doing more than average joe.

theres been two 04 TR's sell at dealerships not a 1/2 a mile from me...one with 20k for 22k and one with 10k for 23k...insane. I went in to try and purchase one one day and told the dealer id give em 18k for it as that is what it was worth (about) and they just laughed. If I HAD to sell mine right now, id trade it in no option unless i just had to have cash.
Those prices would be considered VERY LOW for NJ. Would be a GREAT DEAL from a dealer here. Here the lowest Ive seen is like 23-24k

2007 GT Premium, 5 Speed

BestStang
Old 10-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #16
instantmassege
LS WHAT?

Nobody wants a white mach.

exhaust, intake, tune.

12.9@109 2.051 60'
instantmassege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #17
machfelon
Jersey's Phinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmassege
Oh really is that so? Enlighten us Einstein!!!

2007 GT Premium, 5 Speed

BestStang
Old 10-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #18
xxxxMach1
Azure Blue fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2

I can beat that, found an 04 AB that I wanted to buy at a dealer the first day they listed....38k miles for $24,599! NO mods. So I offer them a 16,500 start to negotiate and they say they won't go any lower! I have it somewhere in writing where agent told me

"we are not used to dealing with people that have done research on a car, we cater to working men/women that don't have time to haggle over a price and offer them they best price right away"

wth?
1967 Acapulco Blue Metallic "Sports Sprint" Coupe (Multiple Show Winner)
xxxxMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #19
instantmassege
LS WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by machfelon
Oh really is that so? Enlighten us Einstein!!!
Just looking at what your going through thats all. Having a hell of a time selling the mach.

exhaust, intake, tune.

12.9@109 2.051 60'
instantmassege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #20
98StangRidah
Where'd my zafu go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantmassege

Exhaust
MRT H-Pipe with cats
Magnaflow catback

Suspension
Bilstein struts & shocks
Steeda sport springs
MM - caster/camber plates, steering rack bushings, swaybar bushings and endlinks
18x9 Bullits with Michlein PS2s in 255/40

Other stuff - MGW shifter, MRT hood struts and black exhaust tips, SCT tune, PHP spacer

98StangRidah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 AM   #21
TEXASDSGMACH1
LS WHO?

I looked at a white 04 with 26k on it and the dealership wanted 23,000 and not a penny less. I decided I would rather pay less for one that is a year older with a 1/3 the mileage.
00 GT with a 4v

Sold, but still in the family
03 DSG Mach

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
TEXASDSGMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #22
MachNewbieGuy

A year ago I paid $23,400 for a 2003 DSG with 4,500 miles on it from Carmax. I didnt even know about this site at the time. I dont plan on selling mine for awhile , sounds like if I were to sell it now though that I would get more trading it in somewhere.

I did see a 2004 up here in frederick ( DSG ) a month ago sitting on a small dealership lot so I pulled in. Had 30,000 and they wanted $24,500 for it. I was like wow....sort of high. I doubt they got that for it.

One thing about my area I really dont see too many machs and I live sort of in a redneck area so Ford Mustangs are big here. I might have luck around here one day if I want to sell hopefully.

Mike
MachNewbieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #23
grey03mach1
Speed Addict

I deal with ebay almost daily. My dad owns a classic car dealership which is where I work. We use ebay mainly for marketing the cars and generating traffic to our website. Ebay is especially good for items that are more rare or seem to have a small group of ppl looking for that specific auto. I have also noticed that ebay serves as a huge garage sale where most buyers want something for nothing. Take a look around, it isn't just the Mach's that aren't selling.

2001 Formula
grey03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #24
03BumbleBee

What I have always found funny , is that alot of people at this site seem to under estimate the value of our cars. I have no plans to sell mine , but have been offered top dollar on several occasions. Our cars a nich cars and take a certain buyer to purchase them. E-Bay is a good site for most small dollar items, but when it comes to cars, it seems to attract bargain hunters.
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #25
Daniel-San

I bought mine a week ago after originally finding it on cars.com. I also checked ebay, Yahoo, etc., but it just so happens I found a beautiful one here locally listed on cars.com I paid $20,000 for an '03 with 24,000 miles, but it's also got Magnum 500's and I really didn't mind. It's hard to trust a complete stranger on a major purchase sight unseen...
Daniel-San is offline   Reply With Quote