2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
Mach1 EH
original owner

Ford Road side Assistance (Canada) is TERRIBLE!

Vent thread.

My mother has a 2013 Escape Titanium, loaded and it is a really awesome SUV (if working fine)
Been multiple recalls and my mother follows up with a dealership for the recalls.
Last recall, dealership replied with
"We don't have that part, call back in a month."
???
Not, here we have you on file and when the item(s) are available for the recall we will call you to schedule the repair. They left it with my mother who is 78 years young to chase them for this recall.

Last night, I happen to be in the area and my mother called me in desperation. Her Escape (which she bought new) and has around 8k miles on it, was not starting. When I got there, the battery seems to be pooched. Okay we went through a cold snap and I understand a battery can be lost if not driven alot. Mileage dictates mom doesn't drive much.
Ok no biggie.
I called road side assistance (a company that Ford Canada has outsourced this business to) and the reply time is 3 + hours and a call back # can be left for them to contact you.
I had to go home eventually and no call back; called my mother this morning and yes someone did call and they did show up. He had issues on opening mom's hood (glad I wasn't there) but when he did peek into the hood after some tinkering (while asking for help from my 78 year old mother to hold this or that) indicated he could not to anything and this needs to be towed to the dealership for service.
He did not say we will tow it but the vehicle needs to get there.
The assumption is the dealership will come and get it.

Called the dealership this morning and after waiting for 15 minutes, and guess what, no they don't. We must get a hold of Road Side ***istance (RSA) to get the vehicle to them.
OMFG, so I called RSA and it is another 3 hour wait for call back. WTF???

What if mom or anyone else is on the side of the road and the car dies? Warranty is implied to have reasonable road side assistance. 3 + hr wait, if at night or in a blizzard (ya imagine that Canada and a blizzard. At least we are not Boston this year)so they would have to wait and suffer for 3+ hours before anyone calls? Then the wait for someone to arrive...
Wow

While waiting for the call back from RSA I called Ford Canada direct to inquire.
Basically yes, need to get a hold of RSA to get the vehicle to a dealer. Too bad on the 3+ hr wait. Their hands are not going to get dirty here. I asked for a formal complaint and provided my contact info.
Oh if we want we can pay to have it towed to the dealer to get it looked at and then have to deal with reimbursement for the tow. (wow)

Geezus, what kind of service is that??

Very disappointed with Ford this morning.
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
not a gt

Re: Ford Road side Assistance (Canada) is TERRIBLE!

Man what a f****d up way to do business , major passing of the buck. It seems now a days they (dealer) will suck up and sweet talk you for the sale, once you sign the papers you become invisible and kicked to the curb . Glad Mom is ok and good luck
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

FORD Canada def needs to up the standards on its employment process and employ people with the "right stuff" its not only FORD though. Attitude determines Altitude. Hope your Mum is ok, gotta look after the Mums!(Moms).
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #4
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

We have also heard that over on the Explorer Forums. It appears that Ford Canada definitely has a lower level of service for roadside assistance than Ford USA. We've seen many complaints about it.

Over on the Explorerforum, there is a Ford Service of Canada rep that can step in and try to get help. The forumname is FordServiceCA and they're located in Oakville. You would probably have to register over there to use their services, but they seem to be able to help some. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
devous1
Chairman of "The Bored"

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so loyal to Ford? I think we currently own 8 Fords and 1 Lincoln. I have been disappointed time and time again with warranty and service issues. The local dealers service dept absolutely sucks and I have come close to throwing fists with the service manager on more than one occasion.

My latest disappointment was our 11 E350, almost from the beginning it started consuming oil at a pretty high rate and I had the dealer document it. According to them the standard is 1qt per 1000 miles. For a brand new vehicle I cant imagine that being acceptable.

03 TORCH RED MACH
V7 YSI and Some Other Stuff
03 DSG MACH
90 Kenny Brown Super LX
89 LX BBF as seen on Pinks 5/11-SOLD
11 F450 Lariat
A Couple Tuber Buells
devous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
Mach1 EH
original owner

24 hrs later the car was towed by RSA to a dealership. I called the dealership to schedule the arrival right after getting off the phone with the RSA staff.

Dealership did drive mom home and pick her up when the "repair" was completed.
Not sure what, mom received some paperwork but all she noticed was it cost $0. I can't wait to see if they did replace the battery.
Heard there is a bad batch of these batteries and been a few replacements to date.

Not too impressed with Ford CA's flippant attitude towards RSA & like devous1 stated above, I too wonder about my loyalty to Ford.

Feel my blue oval days may be over & when time to replace the F1-thirstie, I will look at every other automotive manufacture BEFORE I consider another Ford.

I will call from the sales person's desk their warranty service # before I sign any paperwork & if a long wait to talk to someone, that deal will be lost.
2003 Mach1 DSG - original owner (1 of 1595) IUP, MGW black locking fuel door, sequential flashers, K&N, Mach1 scuff plates, ID tags, MRT shifter, Borla cat back, Steeda full length subframe connectors, 3pt STB, AFS black chrome Mach1 Heritage 17 x 9 & 17 x 10.5 shoes, MRT hood struts.
BIRTHDATE - 04/09/2003 ,<-- thx Donna

2012 Shelby GT500 Perf white, SVT PP (SVT Track Pack), Electronics Package, Borla exhaust
Mach1 EH is offline   Reply With Quote