2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-18-2003, 12:40 PM   #26
69W03WNC

ooopppssssss!!!!!!!

DEAR MACH1BLUE YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISTAKEN!!!!!! You are not the only mach who recieved an award. Do you remeber the white with louvers? Well guess what place it took? Here is a hint: what is the square root of 1?
69W03WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #27
bullitt922

That is too funny! After all these posts and another Mach won? (No pun intended!) Dude, do YOU still have the vinyl? Gotta love the children! One day they'll grow up, like most of us did!
John
bullitt922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:19 PM   #28
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

Hmmm, seems someone has some credibility issues to work on now.
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:41 PM   #29
MachB1ue
Test-Dummy

Re: ooopppssssss!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 69W03WNC
DEAR MACH1BLUE YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISTAKEN!!!!!! You are not the only mach who recieved an award. Do you remeber the white with louvers? Well guess what place it took? Here is a hint: what is the square root of 1?

That was not what i was told. I did not even stay for the awards because I had to get back to see my dad on Father's Day weekend. I don't even have my trophy yet...a friend got it for me...and he told me that it was the only mach that placed...sorry if that is not true---just going on what i was told. However, that still does not exclude the fact that there were plenty of other machs WITH vinyl that I placed above. That white one was not stock either...he had other cosmetic mods so he may have been in another class which is why my friend did not mention him.

I KNEW there were other members from this board that were there that day because i SPOKE with them so dont think for a second I would come on and deliberately lie when I knew these guys would be reading this thread. So good try on trying to "bust me" or something--my point still stands.
Cosmetic Mods: !Vinyl
Track Times: 13.50 @ 103mph w/ 2.1 60ft.

2002 Torch Red Mustang GT (5M)
Performance Mods: Bassani X-Pipe | Flowmaster CatBack | IRS
Cosmetic Mods: Cobra Front Bumper
Track Times: 13.83 @ 100mph w/ 2.1 60ft.
[FOR SALE]
MachB1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:44 PM   #30
Shaker Dan

So good try on trying to "bust me" or something--my point still stands.

...........and your point is??????

Look man, I would never take it off my car except to have it painted on but to each their own. Look at how many different things people do to their Stangs. If we all kept them stock it would be pretty boring. So once again, to each their own and to everyone thinking and liking different things!

Aaaah ain't America GREAT. Free to do what you want!
Shaker Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:50 PM   #31
69W03WNC

IN YOUR FRIENDS DEFENSE..... the way they were handing out trophies, was a huge mass of garble. but my understanding is that all the 03 machs were in the same class. yes my mach had cosmetic changes{ louvers & cobra jet emblem} this was done to mirror my 69 mach 1. You sir are very contradicting though. At the show you said you were going to have the stripe painted on, yet now you speak as though the stripe is in some way hendering the other cars from beating you. What ever you do to your car is your biz. the reason why you are getting so much crap is because you laid it out in the above mentioned fashon. If that was not your intent then "please state the nature of your medical emergency"
69W03WNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:46 AM   #32
starscream

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Greene
I would like to remove my "vinyl" also, because I don't really like the stick on stuff, but I figure it might hurt the resale in a few years, so I'll leave it on.

If you pull yours off you could always buy an extra set of stickers to hang on to and put on later if you sell the car.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:19 AM   #33
MachB1ue
Test-Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by 69W03WNC
IN YOUR FRIENDS DEFENSE..... the way they were handing out trophies, was a huge mass of garble. but my understanding is that all the 03 machs were in the same class. yes my mach had cosmetic changes{ louvers & cobra jet emblem} this was done to mirror my 69 mach 1. You sir are very contradicting though. At the show you said you were going to have the stripe painted on, yet now you speak as though the stripe is in some way hendering the other cars from beating you. What ever you do to your car is your biz. the reason why you are getting so much crap is because you laid it out in the above mentioned fashon. If that was not your intent then "please state the nature of your medical emergency"
You guys totally took the focus of the intended meaning of this thread. The POINT of this thread was that my Mach took 2nd in a show and threw in the part about the stripes as a JOKE and you guys got all bent about it. If you go back and read my original thread about taking the vinyl off you will see that the "look" had nothing to do with it--i just don't like PLASTIC STICKERS on my car which is why I told YOU that I MAY PAINT them on. It sounds to me like you need to get your facts straight and to stop misquoting me for the sake of starting an argument.
Cosmetic Mods: !Vinyl
Track Times: 13.50 @ 103mph w/ 2.1 60ft.

2002 Torch Red Mustang GT (5M)
Performance Mods: Bassani X-Pipe | Flowmaster CatBack | IRS
Cosmetic Mods: Cobra Front Bumper
Track Times: 13.83 @ 100mph w/ 2.1 60ft.
[FOR SALE]
MachB1ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:44 AM   #34
starscream

Quote:
Originally posted by MachB1ue
You guys totally took the focus of the intended meaning of this thread. The POINT of this thread was that my Mach took 2nd in a show and threw in the part about the stripes as a JOKE and you guys got all bent about it. If you go back and read my original thread about taking the vinyl off you will see that the "look" had nothing to do with it--i just don't like PLASTIC STICKERS on my car which is why I told YOU that I MAY PAINT them on. It sounds to me like you need to get your facts straight and to stop misquoting me for the sake of starting an argument.
If you want to know why people are here starting arguments with you, don't refer back to the first post, go back and refer to the ones where you call the rest of us haters, brainwashed, a select group, and immature. And that's not a misquote. You pissed off everyone else, that's why they are starting arguments with you.

I still maintain that the person who got "bent" first was you. People just shared their opinions that the look was not for them, they weren't flaming you at all. You're the one who took it the wrong way, way too personal, and responded back with the lemming stuff.

And if all this really was just a joke taken the wrong way, rather than argue with us and tell us that we need to go back and read it again until we get it right, don't you think it would be more productive if you simply said you were sorry it got taken the wrong way and that's not how you intended it? I guarantee you the "you need to get your facts straight" approach never works in resolving an argument.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:48 AM   #35
Shaker Dan

Who in this thread got totally bent out of shape about it? People even defended your friend saying that it was hard to keep track. Most of us defended our stripes saying that we would not remove them, but no one jumped on you except for the mistated fact about you were the only one that won an award. Congratulations on that also. It is very cool. For whatever reason you won it is still awesome to be recognized. I do think that the way you presented the info is why this conversation has taken a turn from congrats to a question and answer. No biggy! Good luck on other shows. I am sure with the Mach's appeal this will not be the only trophy you have.
Shaker Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #36
MikeMach1
-

For the love of God!!! Chill out folks, whoever buys something is entitled to do whatever they want to it. If it makes him happy - fine. That's the point of doing that type of stuff - to make one's self happy. He's Happy good, you guys are happy with your Mach 1's fine. That's all that matters in the end. Live life and don't worry so much about other people choices. Life is a lot easier that way.
MikeMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #37
Mikestang
Parrot Head

Strip painted on with a single stage flat black
Attached Thumbnails
dsc00073.jpg  
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:51 AM   #38
jbrad88
Original Owner

JEEZ...

Okay, Stripes...Personal choice.Personally, I am keeping the stripes because that is my preference. If you like it, great, I do not see anyone else here paying your car note but you...

enjoy the mach, understand that in the car show world of popular vote it will depend on where you are and who is voting.

On the MCA circuit, for the next year or two you will be in poplular vote anyway.

In the long run, if you are about showing the car as original it will hurt you.

If you are showing in a modified class, it probably won't.

My friends and I always joke about the car show thing. We all go to them, sometimes we bring home trophies. The more involved we are with the host club, the greater the chance of getting that trophy. No suprises, no disappointments...I enjoy a nice day, good people, and great cars. A trophy just makes it even that much more fun...

Recent MCA event here in houston, there were three torch reds, mine, an automatic, and another 5 speed that had louvers, honeycomb, cobrajet emblems,etc...all three cars placed in the popular vote, the funny part was that the 03 cobras in attendance left with nothing...That seemed strange, but clearly the crowd at this event was more interested in the Heritage of the Mach than the brutal performance of the Cobra...It was a great show altogether...I even had Mr. Hoag sign the car...

Everyone, go out and enjoy your Mach....I will be...

03 Torch Red Mach 1
21 FJG Mach 1

Stainless Steel Systems Adrenaline Series
BBK long tube headers catted x pipe
18x9 18x10- Solid Gloss Black FR5's
Nitto 555 g2 275/35r18's 285/35r18
MGW Shifter With Mach1 Shift Knob
4.10's & 31 spline Mosers and 31 Spline Posi
Steeda Sport Springs Tokiko Illuminas
J@M weight Jacker LCA's
J@M Rear UCA's
J@M Braided steel brake lines