2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 01-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
ccampos14

MRT StreetSmart CAI help

I recently purchased an 03 AB Mach and it came with a C&L ram air. I also acquired an mrt ss cai but I am missing some parts. The car did not come with the stock MAF housing and the mrt is missing the filter and the nipple that connects the PCV valve hose to the air intake by the TB. I did some research and found the RF-1015 to be the filter and also seen that there was an option for the pro-m maf with the IAT sensor. I also seen that UPR sells a filter that looks to bolt straight on to the air box, is that worth it? Also since my airbox has the hole for the IAT, is that still a relevant add on to get so I can continue to scout those parts? Finally where can I get that air intake to PCV valve nipple or if someone has it can they get me dimensions so I can get something close to it?

I am in the process of restoring the car since it is my daily driver and the previous owner(s) cut the stock springs and it bounces like crazy. The shocks & struts are shot so those are next and I have some tubular A-arms and coilover sleeves currently waiting for the strut funds to be finalized. Also going to replace most front bushings while I am down there since this car just hit 127k miles. This car will mostly see street driving since I plan to preserve it, probably almost no strip trips.

Thanks for the help!
ccampos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
ccampos14

Re: MRT StreetSmart CAI help

This is how she sits as of now. I have AFS 10.5" rears waiting for grip. Also have an h-pipe waiting till after CA smog since she passed when I transferred her. Oh and MM CC plates also waiting for strut funds.
Attached Thumbnails
Mach.jpg  
Old 01-29-2020, 10:59 AM   #3
HAEG
Heppasketties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccampos14 View Post
I recently purchased an 03 AB Mach and it came with a C&L ram air. I also acquired an mrt ss cai but I am missing some parts. The car did not come with the stock MAF housing and the mrt is missing the filter and the nipple that connects the PCV valve hose to the air intake by the TB. I did some research and found the RF-1015 to be the filter and also seen that there was an option for the pro-m maf with the IAT sensor. I also seen that UPR sells a filter that looks to bolt straight on to the air box, is that worth it? Also since my airbox has the hole for the IAT, is that still a relevant add on to get so I can continue to scout those parts? Finally where can I get that air intake to PCV valve nipple or if someone has it can they get me dimensions so I can get something close to it?

I am in the process of restoring the car since it is my daily driver and the previous owner(s) cut the stock springs and it bounces like crazy. The shocks & struts are shot so those are next and I have some tubular A-arms and coilover sleeves currently waiting for the strut funds to be finalized. Also going to replace most front bushings while I am down there since this car just hit 127k miles. This car will mostly see street driving since I plan to preserve it, probably almost no strip trips.

Thanks for the help!
I have the Street Smart CAI I purchased new a bunch of years ago. Still in the vehicle. I read your post quickly how can I help you out? Need pictures or part numbers try to help you let me know.
Scott
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
ccampos14

I circled the PCV nipple I was talking about, and it looks like it has a plug on the bottom of it.
Attached Thumbnails
MRT PCV.jpg  
Old 01-30-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
HAEG
Heppasketties

Quote:
I circled the PCV nipple I was talking about, and it looks like it has a plug on the bottom of it.
Ok I'll need to check mine out, you are looking for dimensions. I'll measure what i can and get back to you. I think that its just a connection point to be honest. I've never checked the PCV either so I'll have to look at that too for my own piece of mind. My Mach had about 117,000 miles on it.
M1R Member #1829
Purchased 8-19-2010

Old 01-30-2020, 12:13 PM   #6
ccampos14

Sounds good thank you! As far as your filter are you using the K&N? Also do you have the Pro-M set up with the IAT?
Old 01-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #7
HAEG
Heppasketties

Quote:
Sounds good thank you! As far as your filter are you using the K&N? Also do you have the Pro-M set up with the IAT?
I do not use any IAT gauges/devices so I would say no on a Pro-M model. I purchased the kit several years ago when the car was petty new like maybe 2004 but don't recall the Pro-M option. I know of a few who made there owns holes for different items in the chrome inlet pipe. Also keep an eye out for people selling MRT parts.. I'd like to pick up one for spares at some point. I still have the original which worked fine. I believe I replaced the filter once with another I bought separately from K & N.
M1R Member #1829
Purchased 8-19-2010

Old 01-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
ccampos14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
I do not use any IAT gauges/devices so I would say no on a Pro-M model. I purchased the kit several years ago when the car was petty new like maybe 2004 but don't recall the Pro-M option. I know of a few who made there owns holes for different items in the chrome inlet pipe. Also keep an eye out for people selling MRT parts.. I'd like to pick up one for spares at some point. I still have the original which worked fine. I believe I replaced the filter once with another I bought separately from K & N.
I was thinking the same since the rubber pieces on mine are not the best condition. My airbox has a small hole that is plugged with a plastic piece so I think the previous owner of the CAI probably had the IAT on there. So I wanted to know if it was worth adding an IAT and Pro-m MAF.
Old 01-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #9
311-420
Can't be bridled

The Mach uses an integrated IAT sensor. It's in the MAF already.

Toss the pro m idea and stay with stock stuff. It's a stock car. Don't overthink it.

Measure the opening of the filter that's on there and use that dimension to order the next filter.

My .02
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #10
ccampos14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
The Mach uses an integrated IAT sensor. It's in the MAF already.

Toss the pro m idea and stay with stock stuff. It's a stock car. Don't overthink it.

Measure the opening of the filter that's on there and use that dimension to order the next filter.

My .02

You make sense. I will stick to the stock MAF. Thanks
Old 02-05-2020, 10:26 PM   #11
ccampos14

Well I got some pvc pipe from the hardware store for the PCV valve hose and it’s not that bad. Also got some bolts to mount the MAF to the air box.
Excuse the dirty engine as she’s a daily and my 3 kids don’t give me time for the Mach.
By the way how do you add pics straight from a phone? Keeps telling me error uploading.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #12
ccampos14

Here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails
mrt.jpg