2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 09-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
SIC9250

SCT x3 rev limiter issue

03 Mach 1 5 speed..just installed a sct x3 and no matter what the rev limiter is set at for neutral and drive gears it's always at 6k?? I've checked and checked again and made positive the rev limiter while driving is at 7150 in the adjustable parameter options but always is at 6k..this is getting irritating and I've read many others have had this issue but they never report back what the fix was..what's the fix??!
SIC9250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
glittle75

Re: SCT x3 rev limiter issue

Turn off the rev limiters. They don't work for a 5 speed. The car has no idea if you are in gear or not. There is a clutch switch, but the X3 is not looking at it for input unless a tuner tries to set up a 2-step in the tune. And there is a different parameter for that, that cannot be adjusted by the end user.
glittle75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
SIC9250

K sounds good any idea how to turn them off? Can't find the option to disable it only lets me select a rpm number from 1500-6k..I hope it's simple! Thanks for the help!
SIC9250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
slojunk91

Bump this
slojunk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:23 AM   #5
jchambers
All around good guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIC9250 View Post
K sounds good any idea how to turn them off? Can't find the option to disable it only lets me select a rpm number from 1500-6k..I hope it's simple! Thanks for the help!

You can't shut them off from the User Options menu. This is a know problem with the software. You can try (1) make sure your device is updated to the most current firmware version and (2) have your tuner write you calibrations without enabling User Options. Ask him to set the rev limiter in the software where you want it and write the .cef files without enabling User Options.
FFW S/W #3
10.031@137.5
1990 Mustang GT (race car)
2001 Mustang GT (street car)
CRT Performance, LLC
jchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:57 AM   #6
Machxotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIC9250 View Post
Did you get a fix for this because I did the same thing. How do I turn off the rev limiter haha.
I set it at 2700rpm for launch and thought PERFECT!!! First launch fell on my face. The fuel cut off is hard haha.

Anyways. I need to get rid of this rev limiter now as it’s track day on Saturday. Any help would be fantastic.
Machxotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:50 AM   #7
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machxotic View Post
Did you get a fix for this because I did the same thing. How do I turn off the rev limiter haha.
I set it at 2700rpm for launch and thought PERFECT!!! First launch fell on my face. The fuel cut off is hard haha.

Anyways. I need to get rid of this rev limiter now as it’s track day on Saturday. Any help would be fantastic.

You can’t shut them off within the x3 tuner. You have to have the software a tuner used to do this. If you are just using the tune that came with the handheld, you’ll want to get someone who can write tunes to do it. Pretty much what this dude says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchambers View Post
You can't shut them off from the User Options menu. This is a know problem with the software. You can try (1) make sure your device is updated to the most current firmware version and (2) have your tuner write you calibrations without enabling User Options. Ask him to set the rev limiter in the software where you want it and write the .cef files without enabling User Options.

IG: @ab_mach1
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote